Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A lingering problem

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
Is no one here Pastafarian?

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
dagorkan said:
I'm a perfectionist.
From what i read on your views on religion, you strike me nothing but ignorant.
Claiming to be a believer without even grasping the basic messages given by 10 commandments and deeds of the Jesus dude.
Your type is even worse than atheists, because you disfigure actual message into screaming mess and pass it on as a word of God. That's how mos organized cults work, though. You're supposed to be still young so hopefully this may change.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Gnidrologist said:
Your type is even worse than atheists

I really don't get the type of people who think atheism is some sort of threat to them. It's like the argument that gay marriage is some sort of threat to heterosexual marriage. It's the kind of belief pushing conspiracy theorists use to calm their own insecurities about their beliefs.

I won't try to convince you that you're worshiping a make-believe man-in-the-sky and you won't try to convince me that I'll burn in hell if I don't do things your way. K?

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The core of the problem doesn't actually lie in the fact that one side tries to prove the other side wrong. Actual problems start when religious guys try to change law according to their beliefs. The same law that affects atheists. They want to ban abortion, contraception, gay marriages. In some things they are right of course (I don't think that homosexual people should be able to adopt children, having two dads/moms might mess up their fragile minds), but most of time, what the fuck? If people are true Christians, they won't use these things anyway, and if they're not - then why do they try to force them to go to heaven?

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
superman16801hl5.jpg

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Jaime Lannister said:
Gnidrologist said:
Your type is even worse than atheists

I really don't get the type of people who think atheism is some sort of threat to them. It's like the argument that gay marriage is some sort of threat to heterosexual marriage. It's the kind of belief pushing conspiracy theorists use to calm their own insecurities about their beliefs.
Ok, i've chosen wrong wording. I don't mean that atheists or theists or gnostics or whatever are bad because of what they are. They are bad when they start to fling poo at each other because of what they are.
I mentioned this in the context of christianity because it's a good example how supposed believers have turned initial messages upside down and created ambiguous mess of ideals and morals where they can't make any coherent system anymore. Major contradictions between Old and New Testaments and strifes within those books itself is actually a testament of how fucked up you get when everyone tries to expose their own interpretation as the only accurate account on behalf of ''supreme being''.

Bible is like some kind of blog group, where anyone who can be arsed writes down some random shit on the same subjects and then soemone decides that the whole body of these blog posts are holy scriptures which can be used as an universal reference.

Well that of course depends on your definition of what is a god.

I don't belive in any of them and I'm not some boogieman. I just don't like the aggressive religions that try to convert or kill any non belivers, as long as religious people leave me alone let the stupid fucks belive in anything they want to.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I don't believe in definition of God, thus i cannot believe in God either, because it's a word to describe God, which is only a definition of God and not God itself.
That's how i roll. :parrot:

This:

Gnidrologist said:
I don't believe in definition of God, thus i cannot believe in God either, because it's a word to describe God, which is only a definition of God and not God itself.

Reminded me of this:

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy said:
Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-boggingly useful [as the Babel Fish] could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as the final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God. "The argument goes something like this: 'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.' "'But,' says Man, 'The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.' "'Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanished in a puff of logic. "'Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.

Redeye

Arcane
Occasionally Fatal said:
This:

Gnidrologist said:

Reminded me of this:

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy said:
Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-boggingly useful [as the Babel Fish] could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as the final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God. "The argument goes something like this: 'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.' "'But,' says Man, 'The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.' "'Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanished in a puff of logic. "'Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.

Well, that about wraps it up for god.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom