Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Long Road Home - AVAILABLE ON STEAM - ME NEED FOOD - GO BUY IT!

Would you give J_C's adventure game a go?

• LOL, yeah, like he will ever finish it!

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • Don't care and won't try it! Fuck you J_C!

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Even his game deserves a chance, I will try it if it's released.

Votes: 30 38.5%

• Total voters

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn, I'm really close to finishing the first chapter of the game, which will serve as a demo. Expect it in a week. Finished a chemical mixing puzzle in the last few days, which was hard to do well in this shit engine. Then did a playthrough to find the bugs and errors. It took exactly 2 hours to finish the game, even with knowing where to go and what to do. I think it is not bad for a demo.

I'm also thinking about going episodic and starting an idiegogo fundraiser. Teach me master:
schafer_2.png

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Since I'm nearing finishing up the demo, it is time to figure out a "business name" for my little ...I don't know what to call it....one man studio. I could use some witty, but realistic names, which is connected to being monocled, retro, elitist. The thing I thought about at first is Elitist Inc. which rolls nicely from the tongue, although being called elitist might be offputing to some people.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
You guys were very enthusiastic about naming my studio. I expected lots of lulz and only Flunklesnarkin delivered. I am disappoint Codex.

Anyway, I decided on the name One Bit Studio (or 01BitStudio), and I even have twitter and facebook handle. I'm a total mainstream shill now. Next, setting up my own website.

The demo is basicly finished, that's why I concentrate on some technicalties now, like webpage and stuff.

EDIT: Ooookaaayy, I'm not going to make a website right now after all. After seeing that hosting a decent website right cost more than I can afford rigth now.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Arcane
Since I'm nearing finishing up the demo, it is time to figure out a "business name" for my little ...I don't know what to call it....one man studio. I could use some witty, but realistic names, which is connected to being monocled, retro, elitist. The thing I thought about at first is Elitist Inc. which rolls nicely from the tongue, although being called elitist might be offputing to some people.
Nah, for the true elitist feeling you should name it E. Incorporation, where the E. stands for Elitist, but only elite few now about it.

Redlands

Arcane
First trailer is ready and out:

Hurt me gently!

One of the Youtube recommended next videos was titled "Top 10 Dumbest Decisions in Horror Movies" so I don't know what to tell you, but Google hates you.

Beowulf

Arcane
Not my cup of tea, but kudos for lifting up your arse and creating something.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I get the feeling that this game won't deliver as much entertainment as that GD thread.
DosBuster should make a visual novel based on dat thread. He seems like the most experienced game developer on codex, so he'll definitely deliver. Right? Right?

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
I doubted you, but at least you got something playable, which is what counts.

I get the feeling that this game won't deliver as much entertainment as that GD thread.
DosBuster should make a visual novel based on dat thread. He seems like the most experienced game developer on codex, so he'll definitely deliver. Right? Right?

I have no idea what thread you're talking about but post the link up and I'll see if it's possible

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I have no idea what thread you're talking about but post the link up and I'll see if it's possible
No GD access yet, ask someone who paid attention to the drama or look for threads started by J_C.
I asked to delete them a while ago, when people started to dox me IRL because of it. Leave it to rest people.
B-but that thread is a great source material for a VN!

:creamyblood:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
J_C you may not into Betrayal at Krondor, but good luck with this shit. The item image in the background was nice.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
J_C

Just some notes on your trailer:

1. What the hell is the game about? Why should I care? I'm apparently adventuring in a mystical world, so why should I choose your mystical world instead of the other 9999999 other ones out there who also have bigger budgets, custom art and just have a higher chance for me to have fun with.
  2. That opening scrawl was cringe worthy, you need to advertise your game not make some quasi-critique on modern games journalism.
  3. So much unneeded footage, there was just so much footage you clicking around showing me nothing but the character walking a few tiles in some direction and bringing up a basic list-based menu. I only just watched the trailer and even now it's hard for me to recall what I just saw.
  4. Avoid using video editor fonts and get a proper logo or find a better way to render your title. You want it to stick in people's minds.
I know this sounds really scathing, but if you want to actually release this game as a commercial product think about how many other games that are similar to yours that you will be in competition with.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
The game has its on Steam Concept page from now on, if anyone interested:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682474490

J_C

Just some notes on your trailer:

1. What the hell is the game about? Why should I care? I'm apparently adventuring in a mystical world, so why should I choose your mystical world instead of the other 9999999 other ones out there who also have bigger budgets, custom art and just have a higher chance for me to have fun with.
  2. That opening scrawl was cringe worthy, you need to advertise your game not make some quasi-critique on modern games journalism.
  3. So much unneeded footage, there was just so much footage you clicking around showing me nothing but the character walking a few tiles in some direction and bringing up a basic list-based menu. I only just watched the trailer and even now it's hard for me to recall what I just saw.
  4. Avoid using video editor fonts and get a proper logo or find a better way to render your title. You want it to stick in people's minds.
I know this sounds really scathing, but if you want to actually release this game as a commercial product think about how many other games that are similar to yours that you will be in competition with.
No, no, please, criticise all you want, I need the feedback. I know my place as a beginner developer, I'm not expecting anyone to drop his jaw seeing my stuff. But I will try improve my game. :) As for your points:

1. Well. for the first trailer I didn't want to dwell into the story.
2. Yeah, it was a pretty stupid idea. I will rerender the video without that and add some more interesting footage instead.
3. I don't know what could I show you. This is a simple point and click adventure. You are moving around clicking things, finding things, combining items. There are no exciting things happening in terms of action.
4. Yes I was looking into that, but I couldn't put together a decent logo so far. Will change that soon (I hope).

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane
He's just going to try to scam people out of their money. Like he scammed us all about being Matt Barton, the dude loves that shit.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
He's just going to try to scam people out of their money. Like he scammed us all about being Matt Barton, the dude loves that shit.
Oh boy, you triggered me.

A person ends up in a relationship with a woman 15 years older than him only to realize that she has a sexy daughter. Controlled by his lust, he starts making sooper sikkret advances to bite her pie. However, he also encounters a problem -- he is not the person he pretended to be, which poses more challenges in this love triangle than one can imagine. Will he succeed in eating the pie? Will he succeed in starting a love triangle and get some hot threesome action every night? Or maybe his actions will backfire and he'll face the wrath of wimminz? Buy this game to find out!

• Complex, branching story!
  • Romances!
  • Caressing!
  • Rape sequences!
  • Combat sequences between men and women!
  • Iota eta pi!
  • Rape!
  • Rape!
  • RAPE
Release date: Thursday 20XX!

Here, J_C, a good suggestion for your next game. It could become the best VN ever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom