Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A pretty dumb thread you probably shouldn't read

Who wants to talk about blobbers?

• Total voters

adrix89

Cipher
Why are there so many of my country here?
I always play female character in Skyrim or games with mod support. You just need the right kind of naked mods or sex mods to make it worthwhile.
Some MMORPGs also have some decent armor or clothes design. Chainmail bikinis are always a classic.

Bocian

Arcane
You just can't have a meaningful discussion on this forum anymore without threads getting split and then eventually sent to retardo. Also congratulation for derailing the talk further by this idiotic renaming. Codex turning into ResetEra soon.

Xeon

Augur
I know about the female-specific backgrounds (most of which are closely mirrored to male counterparts) and starting stats (btw female characters kinda suck in arcanum thanks to that -1 str, since it can lower your str cap to 19 or below, while it takes 20 str to get the double damage perk), but I'm not really aware of any female-specific in-game content. I don't think anyone really gives a damn whether the Living One is male or female.
IIRC you get different quests in the brothel. As a male you retrieve an amulet or something from a maid and possibly recruit her to the brothel. As a female you sleep with a client and the rest of the quests afterward play the same.

Also like Agent said the Gentleman's club there is no problem for males, but females need to make a deal with a gnome by either sleeping with him or paying I think and threatening him.

different game play options based on gender
Like what?

most of the ones I remember were from fallout 2, fallout new vegas and maybe fallout. There have been others, I just can't remember specifically what they were. Actual quests being different is pretty rare in my experience. Different dialogue a little more common, different pronouns very common. I have a feeling today's hyper sensitive political culture surrounding these type of gender issues discourages differences and causes game developers to want to avoid drama and just make everything the same for both sexes, which is too bad, but I can't blame them for it..

sleeping with benny and smother him with pillow in his sleep in new vegas

In oblivion with the quest with female bandit, isntead of pretending being a victim, you get to join and catch them in the act.

A whole quest becoming a stripper questline that ties to a serial killer quest in fallout: nevada mod.

I think fallout 1 and 2 has alot of small differences too in this case, so are all troika games.

ATOM rpg has female PC as a stretch goal and devs promised female char will allow some alternative solution, dialogues and quests.
Wow, I'm beginning to think gaming might really be sexist after all :lol:
BTW, in Fallout 2 you can get various discounts and shortcut sidequests by sleeping with shop vendors and quest NPCs. I can't remember specific instances though. And I've never done it myself, thought it was too denigrating.

the small differences is pretty realistic honestly. On road trips if we don't have hotel rooms set up in advanced we make sure my wife goes in to ask for the hotel room price, she can always get a much better deal than me, sometimes significantly better than the advertised price. If its not a male at the front desk, it may not work as well, but its worth trying. There are a lot of little things like that she can get better prices on, part of it is she is just better at talking with people and getting what she wants than me, but part of it is people (men especially) are much more willing to give her breaks than me. she got pulled over for going 107 once and did not even get a ticket. I might have been beaten to death, lol..

Tao

Savant
I have a feeling today's hyper sensitive political culture surrounding these type of gender issues discourages differences and causes game developers to want to avoid drama and just make everything the same for both sexes, which is too bad, but I can't blame them for it..

It's cheaper too.

Xeon

Augur
Upset about different quests and approaches? Who gets upset about that? It gives replayability.

I hope one day some dev would make a game that will turn a male PC into a female, that way you can have the best of both worlds, start as a man and stare at a female and you might even be able to whore yourself up and explore how being a female feels like.
baldurs gate had a belt of sex change i think

AdO0uZi.png

I only have female chars in party based rpgs where you can make several chars. Gender roles are as follows:

- Frontline fighter, cleric (if holy warrior archetype), mage: male
- Thief/rogue, cleric (if healbot support mage archetype), bard, druid, mage (if there is already a male mage): female

Pretty sure some feminibot would get triggered at the idea of gender roles in fantasy rpgs. Until they realize what few wahmen play rpg tend to conform to the roles set above up to a T.
that is a fairly typical set uo I use as well. Sometimes I will have a front line female fighter/barbarian too

Cael

Arcane
I hope one day some dev would make a game that will turn a male PC into a female, that way you can have the best of both worlds, start as a man and stare at a female and you might even be able to whore yourself up and explore how being a female feels like.
baldurs gate had a belt of sex change i think

Too bad Mizhena never found it :lol:
It would be hilarious to save it through BG and put it on her when you get to SoD... shortly before you died of soy poisoning.

Cael

Arcane
All assholes who demand women be given frontline roles where they risk capture are either closet rapists who love to see women tortured and raped but are too cowardly to do that themselves or traitors to western civilisation. I can think of no other reason for them to demand that women be put in such a position.
In an all-or-nothing-us-vs-them surely the women should fight.
Rear area roles are no less important than frontline roles in a war. You can also assign women to combat roles that has less risk of capture. Naval warfare, for example.

No one is saying women shouldn't be allowed to fight. The key here is "risk of being captured". Having a woman raped and tortured on our TV screens would adversely affect the morale of civilians and soldiers alike. Hence why those who demand that women be placed in roles that maximises their risk of capture are closet rapists and misogynists with a snuff fetish.

vorvek

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
TBH both male and female main characters in games look very distinct to the tired balding lardass I see in the mirror every morning. They are closer to each other than they are to me, lol.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In my couple of decades of DM'ing and quite a few different player groups. I saw around 30% of straight male players playing at one point or another a female character.
I never met a single one who did it (willingly). However I know a DM who when running Pendragon main campaign if a male player's character dies without leaving a male heir but had a daughter - he is supposed to play as the daughter. And vice versa for women playing that campaign (there is one).

I once dm'd a pathfinder game where one of the guys played a girl, he got pissed off cos the group kept laughing at his horrible attempt at a feminine voice.

He eventually quit the game and his oracle was turned into a party controlled healbot.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Rear area roles are no less important than frontline roles in a war. You can also assign women to combat roles that has less risk of capture. Naval warfare, for example.

No one is saying women shouldn't be allowed to fight. The key here is "risk of being captured". Having a woman raped and tortured on our TV screens would adversely affect the morale of civilians and soldiers alike. Hence why those who demand that women be placed in roles that maximises their risk of capture are closet rapists and misogynists with a snuff fetish.
The mental gymnastics people do to prevent "the lefties" from getting what they want.

Max Damage

Savant
In blobbers and other squad based genocide sims I make my party 50/50 male/female by default. However, the ratio is up to change depending on character models and portraits, and classes (hello Wizardry/Elminage). My fighters are usually female, and my mages/backliners are male. I blame Xena.

Cael

Arcane

The mental gymnastics people do to prevent "the lefties" from getting what they want.
That says much more about how you view women than you dare to admit to yourself.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm creating female characters because i can.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom