Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Small Discussion

SlavemasterT

Arcane
I am here today to discuss part of the fallout from the chaotic events of last November, in particular the fates of two of our long-time friends and hooligans.

As the unofficial, unacknowledged, unauthorized, and pro-boner advocate of Pooperscooper and Nicolai, I object to the continued banishment of my non-clients from this august board. I ask of my fellow Codexers: is our discourse really any richer with the voices of these two patriots silenced? Does their continued absence send any message save one of intolerance and mistrust? I ask our evil overlords: was their crime really so heinous as to warrant eternal exile? Do the obvious mitigating circumstances of their collaboration really weigh so little on the less-than-blind scales of interweb-justice? It is a known fact that they were merely accomplices and subservient helpers to the mastermind behind the hostile takeover, and that their assistance was primarily ineffectual and symbolic in nature. While punishment for such rebellion is surely warranted, by dumbfucking, or temp-banning, or both, I argue that total excommunication flies far beyond the bounds of reason and proper jurisprudence.

With their exile we have lost both an exceptional steward of Retardoland, which now lays wild and unmanaged even as suitably retarded threads are sent there in increasing numbers by a steely-eyed and ever vigilant Sentinel, as well as an emotional vampire of unparalleled heartlessness and erudition, whose trenchant book reviews, enormous collection of disturbing pirated comics, and inhumanly cruel pranks now remain inaccessible to the hungry and brutish Codexian masses. No matter where you stood on the issues that led to the fracas or the means by which the argument was pursued, these losses to the boards are real, undeniable, and an utter tragedy.

It is true that mercy was not entirely lacking in the judgment passed upon our dear amigos, as they can still be found by those who dare to seek them on DAC, or in the foetid Stygian horror that is #fallout. However, what true Codexer cares to spend his time sifting through the chaff of DAC to find what could be delivered to us easily in our own home? And how many have the strength of mind and purity of essence to survive even a handful of minutes in that IRC enclave without going mad from the converging currents of perversity, retardation, and ennui found there? Though some small measure of mercy might have been shown to our compadres, it is merely the cold privilege of being allowed to suffer in the company of those able and willing to overcome the challenges involved with finding and joining them in their exile.

This situation must not be allowed to continue. My friends - or at least, my degenerate fellow untermensch of the Codex, I appeal to your sense of justice, to your sense of freedom of thought and expression, your sense of savage nobility, your penchant for chaos, your love of the disturbing, your low-brow sense of humor, your unrepentant depravity, your perverse lusts, your instinct to sin, your utter insanity, your callous disregard for all that is pure - I appeal to everything that makes you a Codexer, to stand up and say finally that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Nicolai and Pooperscooper's term of punishment must come to an end, and they be allowed to return once again to the unwholesome bosom of the community; to join in the discussion of inane computer games and irrelevant sundries too multifarious to fathom, and to march arm in arm with the rest of us towards the perdition that undoubtedly awaits.

Stand and make yourself heard. And may God continue to bless America.

Thank you.

Riso

Arcane
I wholeheartedly support the standpoint of my dear colleague SlavemasterT. Stand up fellow brothers and stop our oppression by the soulless lackeys of the orthodoxy.

obediah

Erudite
The forums are full of people sucking off Final Fantasy X, favorably comparing BG to things other than dysentery, and looking forward to Bethesda's next masterpiece. There is nothing pooper, nicolai, or a Vogon Constructor Fleet could do to further harm the codex.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
And give one of them admin status so he can fuck the forums up again, because that's what makes this place better! Yay!!! I hope they hack us too because that's, like, fun and stuff!!!!!!

Shagnak, don't be retarded. They'll fuck with the site the first chance they're given to, if they could. If you want those people here, but don't tell me I didn't warn you. VD's ghost would vote against it too. :salute:

Helton

Arcane
Given the current council owes it's existance to those brave souls who live in exile... And the time has passed that Jasede may desecrate Dante's picture. Remove it from thine avatar you fiend!

ixg

Erudite
bring back the soldiers of yore
icon_salut.gif
icon_salut.gif

El Dee

Scholar
SlavemasterT said:
How much does it cost to gain access to the staff forums? All the fun stuff happens there.
The costs far outweigh the benefits. Nude pics of KC and Babyarm, and other such debauchery abound.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Here is as good a place as any for me to say that two months after VD was ousted, to my eyes the Codex is diminishing just as some predicted. It will probably end up just another random themed forum where some old members have slightly above average intelligence and literacy. These assets are declining, will continue to do so, and the current overlord DU is reneging on his promise to become more involved, where it counts at least.. though the one liners have picked up. :roll:

I didn't realise that Nickolai and Pooper had been banned, though I'd wondered why they were so quiet lately. What the hell reason is there to not re-instate them? Unless the admins are going to somehow fix things so the last two months didn't happen and the Codex gets VD back at the helm, who gives a flying fuck?

I know I don't...

Bring on the damned LULZ so we can enjoy it while we can eh?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hazel (that would be a great name for a male romance interest), I think you forgot how they vandalized the site when NL spread admin privileges? They'd do it again, too.

That said, while I've been seeing some interesting discussions ever since VD left (the "new era") they aren't at the level as in the past. They're more of the last twitches of a dead body before it falls forever still. Also, there's way too many bad new members and even the quality of the lulz has been declining. It's not really anybody's fault, I think, but I do think the VD-Codex of a few months ago was a lot better than what we have now (news consisting mostly of Witcher j/o, 1000th what is an RPG discussion). It's very blah.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Jasede said:
Hazel (that would be a great name for a male romance interest), I think you forgot how they vandalized the site when NL spread admin privileges? They'd do it again, too.

I really don't care, I'm sure I can cope with the site being offline and it aint me doing the restore from backups. ;)

(where I come from, Hazel is a womans' name)

obediah

Erudite
Hazelnut said:
Here is as good a place as any for me to say that two months after VD was ousted, to my eyes the Codex is diminishing just as some predicted. It will probably end up just another random themed forum where some old members have slightly above average intelligence and literacy. These assets are declining, will continue to do so, and the current overlord DU is reneging on his promise to become more involved, where it counts at least.. though the one liners have picked up. :roll:

How is the Codex diminishing now any differently than it was before VD left? News is much more varied and regular, which is a great improvement. The tides of immoral decay that VD was so vigorously defending us against turned out to be a non-issue. If only he had taken up console faggotry rather than (pedo|necro)philia to crusade against. Poster stupidity has been on a steady rise since the Oblivion debacle, so no surprise there.

The problem is that the Codex no longer has a sense of identity. Member turnover isn't a new phenomenon, but historically members were replaced by other members nostalgic for the days of CRPG yore. Now it's a mishmash of Oblivion-haters, jprg whores, Bio-boys, etc... While debates about Fallout vs BG vs FF can be interesting, the ones here show just how fractured the hivemind has become.

Hazelnut

Erudite
obediah said:
The problem is that the Codex no longer has a sense of identity. Member turnover isn't a new phenomenon, but historically members were replaced by other members nostalgic for the days of CRPG yore. Now it's a mishmash of Oblivion-haters, jprg whores, Bio-boys, etc... While debates about Fallout vs BG vs FF can be interesting, the ones here show just how fractured the hivemind has become.

No identity or direction... which VD was providing to some extent, and planning to increase. Oh, and no new interviews or interesting stuff like that. I'm not saying that many of the issues we have now are the same as before, although poster stupidity would have been checked by VD I believe.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hazelnut said:
No identity or direction... which VD was providing to some extent, and planning to increase. Oh, and no new interviews or interesting stuff like that.

Hey, I did an interview a short while ago.

Would also be good if some new RPGs were released, so we can review them. And some more stuff in general going on in the industry. There aren't many RPGs I'm looking forward to right now, or even RPGs that I know about being in development.

Personally I don't mind the hivemind to be a bit seperated in some opinions... makes for a bit more variety.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom