Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Tale of Two Kingdoms - Deluxe Edition

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
Why you no make adventure games?
We haven't decided that we're no longer working on adventure games, it's just that Radiant has some old non-adventure projects from years back which need some love too :). We will be going back to the adventure genre at some point, it's just a matter of time.

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
Just a heads up for anyone that hasn't seen already - all our games and DLC are on special until 10th July in Steam's Summer Sale. Check them out here:

https://store.steampowered.com/developer/CrystalShard

This includes:
- A Tale of Two Kingdoms (30% off)
- Crystal Shard Adventure Bundle (50% off)
- Leylines (4X strategy) (30% off)
- Beer! (Puzzle) (50% off)

On what we've been doing lately; we are making gradual progress on Sub Terra Draconis (a puzzle game and spiritual successor to Radiant's Sub Terra 1 and 2). Progress has mainly been slow with a lot of real life stuff going on for me, but I now have up to ~4 weeks off to get a bunch of graphics done before having another baby, so that's on my to-do list to knock off. After Sub Terra Draconis, we'll pretty much have a blank slate in terms of next game to work on.

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
So in case anyone is interested, we recently released Sub Terra Draconis, which isn't an adventure game, but has lots of puzzles. You can also grab it along with ATOTK and Leylines in a new bundle we created: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12891/Crystal_Shard_Collection/, or purchase on its own. It is somewhat addictive, and there is a demo available if you want to give it a go first.

Admittedly, I haven't really done any marketing because of real life (I have a second baby to look after), so consider this post my feeble attempt at letting others know of our new projects :P

On another note, Corby has been back and floated a new idea for Radiant. This one is likely to be of an RPG nature, but nothing formally started apart from some graphics so far.

Citizen

So in case anyone is interested, we recently released Sub Terra Draconis

Just bought it because I wanted to try more games from your team after finishing HQ, and it doesn't work :negative:

Game's stuck on the intro slide ("egg hatches"), in-game settings don't seem to change anything, credits button makes game crash

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
Just bought it because I wanted to try more games from your team after finishing HQ, and it doesn't work :negative:

Game's stuck on the intro slide ("egg hatches"), in-game settings don't seem to change anything, credits button makes game crash

Sorry for the slow response, a lot has been happening for me lately. Could you please share your computer specs, and I'll forward on to Radiant to investigate?

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
Wow, just realised it's been ages since I posted on this forum. I've had a lot on in the last two years, and life seems to get busier and busier in all aspects (work, family)... so game development is very slow.

But in good news, Radiant does have a new game design fleshed out and I am working on the art as much as time allows. I'll probably post something separately down the track to talk about it more. It will be mythology inspired, so may be of interest to some here :)

Also, with Steam's Halloween sale, our games are 50% off, so if you are interested, check them out here: https://store.steampowered.com/developer/CrystalShard

Neuromancer

Augur
On the Humble page, it says: "v2.0.4, updated September 2021"

What did you update?

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
On the Humble page, it says: "v2.0.4, updated September 2021"

What did you update?

Radiant fixed a bunch of bugs:

Fix coordinates for walking up kitchen stairs.
Fix crash when restoring during one particular bird ambient.
Fix easter egg character appearing during storm scene.
Fix horseshoe remaining in shed after taking it.
Fix hotkeys during language selection.
Fix NPC positioning when entering room.
Fix opening Ruadh's chest while disguised.
Fix showing the same evidence more than once.
Fix sound for defeating barghest.
Fix statue description on the city bluff.
Prevent taking second rope if Branwyn has the first one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom