Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline A time before release. A new game.

Aiff((AimpliesA)ImpliesA)

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
Übermensch
This game aims to be a game that will change over time. I call the game "A Time Before Release".

Based upon some criticism of redacted I realized I could make a meaningful game out of meaningless decisions. I've decided the game will be ready by the weekend.

It's an adventure game. You'll find out what it's about by playing it.

Try not to be too impressed. Let the game impress you instead.

Linux release will be first priority .Windows later. More details as the weekend approaches.

Last edited:

Übermensch
But will it have procedural generation? Inquiring minds want to know.

yes but for very different reasons than simply lightening the workload or claiming to have more content. rather i'm using procedural generation for redacted.

I completed 1/5 of the engine since making the thread.

laclongquan

Arcane
But can player build up the central node of quests and interactions? I like building up Crossroad Keeps, but one weakness of that approach is there's not much quest givers in the area~ I want to evacuate them from other cities under siege back there.

Übermensch
But can player build up the central node of quests and interactions? I like building up Crossroad Keeps, but one weakness of that approach is there's not much quest givers in the area~ I want to evacuate them from other cities under siege back there.

The game is the quest. This decision is to keep things immersive. There won't be much building elements since i'm saving my technical achievements in that area for another game/mod.

The game is about two things.

1) Very deep meaning behind the game world (think of this as a walking simulator but where the eye-candy is all there for a reason)
2) Powerups/game-play of No Man's Sky except they are "multiplied" until they do have meaning.

To clarify the powerups/upgrades are themselves viewed as a crafting item that finally turns into something that has a point.

Übermensch
3/5 completion now. i got a few extra tools to build. unfortunately since some of the tools are conceptually and techncially far more advanced than this time period i can't really show them.

Übermensch
My road drawing routine:

4dWMV0H.png

Last edited:

Übermensch
Will it feature tasteful rape?

Is tasteful rape when you cannibalize dead aborted fetuses that were aborted due to rape? Learn to use common sense and not be a sick fuck.

Rape is wrong. It doesn't get more evil than to think replicating it is a good idea. However I'm going to assume your question is sourced in biological past where it's unlikely consent was ever practiced in reality. Maybe what you're asking is do individual lifeforms get to pick the standards for who they will breed with and retain a high chance (inextinguishable rights must be exercised!) of rejecting mates simply because they can. Additionally with a love story and harsh requirements of being -giving- to the one who gets impregnated forever and showing other relationship skills and appropriate boundaries along the way. Maybe a dash of going to prison when things get difficult . If you make it out of the relationship without going to prison you get half your valuables redacted. Must continue to pay money to support the children and herself .

There will be reproduction and it may include a condition where the sexes have to come together for one frame. In that sense the only thing giving birth without consent is the simulation itself and computer memory/cpu.

edit: apologies to seahorse males if I forgot your pronouns

Last edited:

Is tasteful rape when you cannibalize dead aborted fetuses that were aborted due to rape? Learn to use common sense and not be a sick fuck.

Rape is wrong. It doesn't get more evil than to think replicating it is a good idea. However I'm going to assume your question is sourced in biological past where it's unlikely consent was ever practiced in reality. Maybe what you're asking is do individual lifeforms get to pick the standards for who they will breed with and retain a high chance (inextinguishable rights must be exercised!) of rejecting mates simply because they can. Additionally with a love story and harsh requirements of being -giving- to the one who gets impregnated forever and showing other relationship skills and appropriate boundaries along the way. Maybe a dash of going to prison when things get difficult . If you make it out of the relationship without going to prison you get half your valuables redacted. Must continue to pay money to support the children and herself .

There will be reproduction and it may include a condition where the sexes have to come together for one frame. In that sense the only thing giving birth without consent is the simulation itself and computer memory/cpu.

I thought this was meant to be a kind and supporting community. Why do you say such cruel things?

Tasteful rape is not any single act but a lifestyle choice. You should know this. It is a way of being that goes past biology and morality, much like Søren Kierkegaard's transcendental ethics. Tasteful rape has naught to do with actual rape and exists on a different dimension of reality (known as inner space; I assume you've heard of the transcension hypothesis), which is a view supported by nearly everyone, expect for gnostics and those disgusting few that hold the opinion that one can find God in the neurons or in natural selection.

Despite our obvious philosophical differences, I must say that I admire you and your work. Your project has the makings of a Very Important (note the capitalization; it is very important) work that might change the gaming industry forever. Your allusion to the modern system of marriage is stunning and brave. If the purpose of video games as an artform is to produce strong positive emotion, I believe your game has already succeeded.

Last night was the first time I saw one of the images on this thread. I immediately became feverish and felt of-balance, leaning off my office chair. My chair seemed to have spun, its momentum throwing me to the floor, breaking a rib and causing me to land on my testes very painfully. As pain immobilized me, I could do little besides look up at the monitor with reverence. I then screamed incoherently for about an hour, I don't recall what about. I think it was something about "FREUDE" and a "tochter aus Elysium".

Please continue to update us on the game's state.

Übermensch

I thought this was meant to be a kind and supporting community. Why do you say such cruel things?

Tasteful rape is not any single act but a lifestyle choice. You should know this. It is a way of being that goes past biology and morality, much like Søren Kierkegaard's transcendental ethics. Tasteful rape has naught to do with actual rape and exists on a different dimension of reality (known as inner space; I assume you've heard of the transcension hypothesis), which is a view supported by nearly everyone, expect for gnostics and those disgusting few that hold the opinion that one can find God in the neurons or in natural selection.

Despite our obvious philosophical differences, I must say that I admire you and your work. Your project has the makings of a Very Important (note the capitalization; it is very important) work that might change the gaming industry forever. Your allusion to the modern system of marriage is stunning and brave. If the purpose of video games as an artform is to produce strong positive emotion, I believe your game has already succeeded.

Last night was the first time I saw one of the images on this thread. I immediately became feverish and felt of-balance, leaning off my office chair. My chair seemed to have spun, its momentum throwing me to the floor, breaking a rib and causing me to land on my testes very painfully. As pain immobilized me, I could do little besides look up at the monitor with reverence. I then screamed incoherently for about an hour, I don't recall what about. I think it was something about "FREUDE" and a "tochter aus Elysium".

Please continue to update us on the game's state.

ok i've been persuaded that there won't be pregnancy. in the simulation rather the two parties contribute equal amounts of material to one independent vessel . i could even loosen the restriction on them being in the same room. they'll both mail their goods to the vessel storage location.

but what's next? unkillable children?

look while the things which are occuring may equal lots of complexity (and i'm far from done), the ability to develop identity and/or be attached to what's going on does not exist. there is not even good swarm intelligence yet. there's no mass polling or convergence of decision making besides one redacted component.

no rape is planned. no sexual themes at all really. As for pillaging: yes.

Übermensch
https://vimeo.com/196084864

if video asks for password use this: password

What's the story about?

I discovered exactly how to do a story the other night. But it's going to be a bit before I complete the "engine" for that. If I follow the OP then the garbage these lifeforms leave behind will be the building blocks for the story. I don't have any idea what the story will be like yet. I'll see how ambitious I can make it after more of the tech is finished.

Yeah I cannot put a face on anything yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom