Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ace Combat 7 Announced

2e85f872b9.png

It's for PS4 and for PS VR

Ass Horizon was pure shit. I never played any of the handheld games.

Ace Combat 6 was good but even cheesier than 5.

This one seems to return to the original setting but until I see a gameplay video I won't be satisfied.

Gerrard

Arcane
Probably the worst trailer I've seen this year.

Also AC is easily one of the most overrated series in existence, games where 99% of the gameplay consists of waiting for squares to light up on your targets so you can press fire and have your magical air-to-everything FAF missiles destroy them. The only way the gameplay could be any more shallow is if you removed the secondary weapons.

Luka-boy

Arcane
One of the very few instances where people use the word "epic" to describe games and I don't die a little inside, is with the Ace Combat series. I don't think they're the second coming of Christ but holy fuck, these guys know how to use music to create god-tier action sequences with planes. Pretty entertaining stuff. Don't know about the newest stuff though, if this is still to be touched by the finger of decline or not.
Not only that, but they even managed to have some seriously cheesy shit in some of the games and make it look good or at least appropriate. Like the beginning of the (not so) final mission in Ace Combat 5 with everyone, even former enemies, singing as they join you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom