Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Activision to excavate Sierra's mummified corpse for new rounds of rape

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
"Today at out evil suit meeting, I want new ideas."
"Sir, The Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us sold a lot, we could get into adventure games."
"Adventure games... didn't we do something like that already?"
"Yes sir, we bought Sierra years ago. They were big on adventure games."
"Oh right. Then ask the team to make something like this Walking Dad game."
"Sir... we also closed them years ago"
"Oh. Then just ask someone else and put their logo on the cover. Retro stuff are big these days."
"We could use one of their fan-favorite IPs."
"Explain yourself."
"Reports indicate that old IPs can make fans pre-order a game even before alpha state, throught a website called Kickstarter."
"Haha, this jobs gets easier every year."

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The guys who did Winterbottom? Well... I guess I wasn't deluded enough to think they'd hire Roberta Williams but wtf?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
But meh, I don't think we could've expected anything else than yet another rape. Although this is a 2-pack: Sierra+King's Quest.

Drakron

Arcane
Can't wait for the Police Quest reboot :popamole:
Why wait?
Daryl_F._Gates'_Police_Quest_-_SWAT_Coverart.png

Thats unfair because SWAT was more like Rainbow 6 and it could hardly be called a cover based shooter, its a game were without proper preparations you could have your entire squad dead. by just opening a door.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Rainbow Six was basically changed in Vegas 1,2 to cover shooter so it won't be a problem for Activision to make the new part. Too bad that Irrational after making Bioshock wasn't interested in Swat 5. Other than that, it will be emotionally engaging "adventure game with simple puzzles.The last thing is some moba/mobile mutation.Ubisoft made MMX but I doubt Bobby K. would be willing to make something old school.

Boleskine

Arcane
I'm wondering something...hypothetically what if Activision used this new Sierra label to fund/publish the Two Guys Spaceventure and Hero-U? I doubt this will happen or that Activision has even considered it, but in the case it did happen is that something backers/fans would support?

deuxhero

Arcane
Actually Activison is making an advertising game in the vein of Cool Spot or Darkened Skye for Sierra Mist. Pepsi Co knows how much Mountain Dew and Doritos sales have increased and they want to revive their struggling Sprite competitor

Unwanted

Magic User

Unwanted
If they actually let Jane Jensen do something new with Gabriel Knight I will actually be okay with this. I don't even mind the fact that the Gabriel Knight remake will probably suck in several ways.

And I do wonder if the two guys from andromeda or jensen are actually in on this somehow. They did let Jensen and her studio develop a gabriel knight remake, but the terms of that are unknown.

buzz

Arcane
Aww, come on guys! Activision is not THAT bad :(
I mean, they've published some pretty good games through the ages. Remember Call to Power? That was pretty fun.
Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, Republic Commando.
Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Singularity, Soldier of Fortune.
The Movies
Rome Total War and the previous games, before Sega bought them.
Gun, that was a fun GTA in the west (best RDR came to existence).
Some Tony Hawk games
Spiderman games, Transformer games, many of them were pretty good actually.
X-men Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, that pretty good Wolverine game.
Oh, and Prototype games were pretty fun.

Shit, even their cashcow Call of Doodoo is not downright awful, they're okay for mindless popcorn entertainment and certainly better than most of the competition.

I don't know, considering it's such a big and "EVUL" company, they're relatively tame compared to other crappy companies like EA, Capcom, Square Enix, Ubisoft etc. It's just a company doing money the old-fashioned way, selling whatever is easy to sell and please. I mean, it's not really THEIR fault that everyone else raped studios and franchises in order to do Call of Duty clones.
The only really outrageous things from them that I remember was with Bloodlines and Brutal Legend, but in retrospect (especially with the DF game) I'm not sure if Activision is completely at fault for the problems these games had.

And don't even mention Blizzard, those guys were going the dark path since early 2000s, long before the merging.

Is there a chance they're going to shit on Sierra's brand name? Sure, but I like to give them a bit of credit here and there. They're not EA-level of awfulness as far as I'm concerned.

deuxhero

Arcane
Hey Bobby, if you want people to like you you're better off releasing the Mechwarrior 2/Interstate 76 source code than paying people to promote you on forums.

buzz

Arcane
Well, by being the trendsetter it gets a bit of credit over the clones that try to be the CoD killer. And Call of Duty is relatively harmless, just a WW2/modern military shooter with a Tom Clancy-kind of story. At least it didn't ruin some established franchise like Syndicate or that Aliens game did.
And it's not like Cowadoodoo ever pretended to be more than it is: cinematic shooter with pseudo-realism. Compare that with what happened to Epic games or id Software.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
A division of Activision which will kickstart a product, according to this Twitter acount. I hope to whatever non-existant god it's not real.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A division of Activision which will kickstart a product, according to this Twitter acount. I hope to whatever non-existant god it's not real.
I also hope it's not real because,

A division of Activision will kickstart a product
A division of Activision will
KICKSTART

:dead:

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
ACTIVISION NEEDS MONEY DONTCHAKNOW

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom