Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Activision to excavate Sierra's mummified corpse for new rounds of rape

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
So people are going to have the opportunity to fund a game in the style that Activision thinks would be most profitable?

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I've never felt a burning need for a new King's Quest game. The King's Quest universe was always pretty generic, so I don't see what could be done with it that couldn't just be done by using any generic fairy tale setting. The franchise really has nothing going for it other than its name recognition. It's always been more about its style of gameplay and tone than its "universe" (in the comic book sense), and without those things it's virtually unrecognizable (as KQ8 demonstrated).

The only Sierra properties that I think are worth mining for more material are Gabriel Knigt and Laura Bow. Laura Bow will never happen, as no one even remembers her (plus, I actually think "The Last Express" did "Colonel's Bequest" even better than "Colonel's Bequest" did, so I'm fine with that). As to GK, that seems to be back in Jensen's hands, which is good.

So I'm mostly indifferent to this announcement. The only thing good that might come of it is maybe Activision paying closer attention to Sierra's back catalog and rereleasing some of the games that remain unreleased (Laura Bow still isn't on GOG, among others).

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Somewhat related, but Activision isn't just looking for some of that Indie pie, they also want the movie and TV pies.
Somewhat related, there's a Phantasmagoria movie in the works. Been announced over a year ago, so not sure if/how Activision's involved.

Apparently this is Addriene:

1901752_536493793133603_1912751091_n.jpg

She better wear the same orange sweater and black mom jeans for the whole movie or I'm going to be pissed.

Redlands

Arcane
Well, she certainly has the vacant, dead-eyed stare the original actress had going on in the role.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
"There's not much I can say about King's Quest," Marshall tells us. "All I can say is that I've seen it, and it's not a point-and-click game. But it looks *** awesome.

Old school text parser driven King's Quest confirmed!!
:bounce:
More likely: an old school hack n slash King's Quest
King%27s_Quest_-_Mask_of_Eternity_Coverart.jpg

King's Quest VIII-2: Lightning Returns.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom