Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ad Banners - About & Problem Reports

mathboy

Liturgist
:D Thank you!

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I had to re-read that 3 times to notice the typo... but yea, thanks for the fix.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
There are some new talking ads that are really loud, but Google Chrome doesn't let me capture their exact links, so if someone could figure out what they are I'd be grateful so they can maybe be removed.

One goes:

"Welcome, you have been selected for a free mystery gift!" spoken by a drugged nine-year old girl yelling into the microphone as loud as she can, and another is the good old "You have been selected for a free (something else than that mystery gift from before)."

SlavemasterT

Arcane
and I've been getting a lot of ads for Furcadia since Jasede has come back; is there any way to stop the evil adware people from reading his yiffster tag?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Jasede, I'll get those removed, they sound familiar... let me know if you still see any tomorrow. Better yet, make screenshots.

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
well, i use opera, and rarely if ever block ads

i dont use any ad blocking software/programs.

i use a hosts file adblock

so unfortunately there is no way for me to turn it off

Fens

Ford of the Llies
there are some Lord of Ultima flash ads that start with audio...
top one:
lordofultima.png

bottom one:
lordofultima2.png

link goes through ad.xtendmedia.com to lordofultima.com

please make the EA PR dude stop talking about woodcutters and iron mines

ElectricOtter

TALUNAAAAAAIN

I just saw, nay, heard a really annoying flashing ad banner with sound. Here's where it went:
Code:
http://lmadcloud.info/content/multipromo/index_v6.php?audio=off&cid=SEPT.XAv6

ElectricOtter

I've been seeing TONS of talking advertisements lately, mostly those annoying ass interactive ones. You are really slacking off, Taluntain :mad:

Lumpy

Arcane
I'm getting only classy ads: Lloyds TSB and Javari Shoes&Handbags on this page, for example. :incline:

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
ElectricOtter said:
I've been seeing TONS of talking advertisements lately, mostly those annoying ass interactive ones. You are really slacking off, Taluntain :mad:
You've got me - I haven't had the time to go through them and weed out the more annoying ones in a while. It's on my short-term to-do.

Humanophage

Arcane
k4yoo1.jpg

2. It doesn't lead to any URL. It's a telly-style ad of Nurofen.
3. Non-user-initiated audio.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
1. Buy Nurofen.
2. When ad appears, use Nurofen to alleviate headache of receiving Nurofen ad.
3. Profit. Jim Profit.

SoupNazi

If it helps things, I'm perfectly happy with the ads I see. Mostly browser games, and, recently, animu ads started.

Lumpy

Arcane
I keep getting a talking ad for Finish dishwasher.

1. I didn't get to take a picture. The video ended. I pressed play again and I got a weird acid-trip video, a sequence of non-related images.
2. Doesn't link to anything.
3. Mofo starts talking when I open pages. It's particularly annoying when I open 20 pages or so and I have no idea which one it is in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom