Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ad Banners - About & Problem Reports

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Well click it and paste where you land...

Thats what I meant with "no more infos", when I click on it it only pauses the video or starts another related video. Right click on it to view Url doesnt work either. :/

Hm... what's the video about, there must be something it's trying to sell/promote or a website it talks about? I need concrete keywords to search for. "Market news" yields nothing.

It was about tips on selling/buying stocks, ofcourse now that I want to take another screenshot, it doesnt appear anymore. :roll: And yeah, it's the same one DwarvenFood had, although I don't use a Mac (Win 7 here)

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I need the company behind the ad, it should be mentioned at some point in the video, at the end of the ad if not elsewhere. I've wasted an hour looking for it manually now but came up blank.

Raapys

Arcane
I've one of those. It's extremely annoying, and it seems to fire up out of nowhere; I'm watching a movie or listening to music and suddenly this stupid flash video ad, with sound, starts playing in the background. Looks like some kind of news thing.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Here's the holy trinity of valid reports about problematic ads:

1. Take a screenshot of it.

2. See where the ad points to (target url), and copy the url. If you can't get the target url by right-clicking on the ad and Copying Link Location, click on the ad and copy the url that you land on.

3. Describe what the ad is doing that is problematic.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Here is the knind of ads I am getting recently:

728feb25.jpg

This is all your doing Chefe.:x

SoupNazi

1888750-IQ9ER3Z.jpg

2. a.tribalfusion.com

3. It's a pop-up whenever I go from the homepage to forums

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Pops are cookied to only show every so many hours, so if you're getting them constantly make sure that you have cookies enabled for the Codex.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
They only show with some of the ad campaigns and they've been there for the last 5+ years, so you're early to the party.

Cadmus

Arcane
Guise ffs fuk i dont know how to report whichever ad is it but something keeps crashing my browser on ipad, both chrome and safari. I dont know what it is cuz as soon as i scroll the window down and the ad is there it crashes the browser immediately. What cen i do?

SoupNazi

Guise ffs fuk i dont know how to report whichever ad is it but something keeps crashing my browser on ipad, both chrome and safari. I dont know what it is cuz as soon as i scroll the window down and the ad is there it crashes the browser immediately. What cen i do?
Get rid of Apple products.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom