Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Additional content: What would you like to see?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
3.) An additional quickbar would be nice for some of my exotic builds and pure PSI builds
There are more then one, you can access them via ctrl and\or shift.

Animation stuff is expensive, so if you need to choose what to do - more content OR animation what will you choose?

Sykar

Arcane
3.) An additional quickbar would be nice for some of my exotic builds and pure PSI builds
There are more then one, you can access them via ctrl and\or shift.

Animation stuff is expensive, so if you need to choose what to do - more content OR animation what will you choose?

I know. I'd like to have more than 3 on my PSI Sniper.
As for the issue of animations vs content, I want both, of course. It is not a purely binary choice were you get just one or the other. A mix of both would be appreciated. Furthermore, this is just what would we like to see, in other words giving Styg some input.

Suffice to say content is above fluff but if there is time and room for some extra animations I'd like to have them.

Blink

Prospernaut
Batshit Crazy
a button that speeds up the game and a map would be nice.
Lack of the map was one of the best design decisions for the game - it made crawling through caves and remembering the number of turns in the tunnels so much more enjoyable.
game's still frikkin slow tho, it would also be nice if you can switch combat modes from turn based to real time on the fly like arcanum

Black Angel

Arcane
game's still frikkin slow tho, it would also be nice if you can switch combat modes from turn based to real time on the fly like arcanum
:decline::decline::decline::decline::decline::decline::decline::decline::decline:

In case you haven't noticed, you can increase combat mode speed up to hundred % increase.

Black Angel

Arcane
combat speed movement speed, samething
Well, you did kind of wished switching combat mode from TB to RT, so I assume you meant the combat speed.

Anyhow, if you want to increase real-time exploration movement speed you could simply use cheatengine, or craft Tabi Boots and wear light armors.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
There are - Tabi boots, boots with Boot Spring and Rathound Regalia. I think you can increase yourmovement speed at least for 50% though not from beginning.

Parabalus

Arcane
There are - Tabi boots, boots with Boot Spring and Rathound Regalia. I think you can increase yourmovement speed at least for 50% though not from beginning.

It's still too slow. If I can play the game comfortably on 5x in combat zones there really should be a fast mode for urban travel.

Some random minor suggestions:

Make Stygian Exorcist drop his robe, add a dead Noble to somewhere so we can get the Noble robe before no-return.

Add an elevator purchase option to your house, "connects" to the main one.

Reduce Survival Instincts requirement to 8 CON.

Higher quality beetle carapaces.

Guaranteed high quality (155-160) super steel for something obscene, 10000-30000 charons.

Feats show AP cost in char screen.

epeli

Arcane
Ehh, I was too lazy to become a cultist so I got rid of the hood. A bucket hat is fine too. I originally picked Azif because I could identify with him - he was someone who strives to understand the mysteries of Underrail, but seems to know even less than he thinks he knows. But in the end I'm not ready to begin climbing the cliffs of transcendence.

Black Angel

Arcane
This is one thing that came to my mind when I started an above average STR, crap DEX, and no-lockpicking character: the ability to force open locks with crowbar. Fallout 1.5 Resurrection did this right by allowing high STR character to force open locks with crowbar, despite having shit Lockpick.

I hope next big update would include force opening locks with crowbars. If that's not possible, well, next project maybe.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Wishlist :)

1. Usage of PSI in dialogue

2. Walking speed boost

3. Another difficulty setting (so that the game does not get easy after first 1/3)

4. Make dissassemble a recipe, its a waste for a talent point (but make the requirements much higher)

5. Errrr.... i know i had more ideas, cant remember now :(

Black Angel

Arcane
What I think would both fit the game and help new players a bit with orientation is a buyable in-game map which is just a map object in your inventory which opens a picture showing the approximate position of major settlements and landmarks.
No precise automap, no "You are here" indicating the player's location.
They could also put "you are here" maps on the train stations.
From this thread.

If it's not possible to add through updates/next DLC, well, maybe next project.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
More people's apartments to rob.

But seriously, don't require minmaxing to pass Deep Caverns. All earlier areas were a rolfstomp compared to that. Not to mention the attrition for mostly-psi builds. All while being confused as to where to go.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
-more reactivity after quests

-more skill/stat based quest/dialogue options

-more of everything else (make Underrail 2: North and connect it to the first one for MASSIVE GAMEPLAY, and balancing issues.

- Looking at the excel map, it would be great if the game had a static map like that, but it starts out small and gets expanded by finding/buying pieces to it, also it obviouslt doesn't show anything but rudimentary names, it would just function like a real map does.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom