Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ads on mobile site

Mustawd

I have seen the ad below as recently as yesterday. I was not able to resize it. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the same thing going forward.

You know the worst part? What fucking product are they selling here? Headphones? Cereal?

thumbnail_IMG_0463_zpsosvtasdd.jpg

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I'm not sure when exactly this was supposed to have been fixed but I posted here within minutes of getting their response, so if you're still seeing it from this point onwards do let me know.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It works now. At least when I enter the site directly via the browser. When I clicked a codex link via twitter, the problem persists.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Fixed it ain't. It happens regularly twice a day, every day. Luckily after it's struck twice I can browse the Codex normally for the rest of the day.

No new screenshots to give, as it hasn't changed.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I thought it fixed, but it returned today. Just like Morblot, after a couple of popups, I can avoid it for a day.

Mustawd

All of a sudden I get 3 in one day. Images of 2 but forgot to take a screen shot of the third.

D110F77A-B35E-4723-A874-7E840F4A4069_zpsgaxqq3vc.png

666439A6-FE9F-4684-AA45-053F71BBE8D2_zpsk6zbotch.png

Morblot

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I wish they'd at least change the ads every now and then. Two months of fucking Candy Crush is starting to piss me off.

I mean, why can't it be one of those games that have those women with big tits instead?

Mustawd

Yes, I had the same ad with the guy listening to headphones while eating cereal for the better part of a year. The two I jist posted are new.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Yea, I'm reporting all this but not really happy that not much seems to be happening on the ad provider's side to get it fixed. I'll have to change providers if they can't get it sorted out.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Yea, I'm reporting all thiI'll have to change providers if they can't get it sorts but not really happy that not much seems to be happening on the ad provider's side to get it fixed. ed out.
Please do. It's getting really annoying. I don't post using my phone, but I do browse the forum a lot.

Morblot

Patron
So I guess something has improved after all, as I was able to both scroll and zoom out as Cookie Jam made its daily appearance:
Screenshot_2016-04-08-23-41-41.png
I was even able to close that add by tapping the X!

However, just before that ad, this lovely Walking Dead ad decided to hijack my browser. As is customary, shooting it in the head by reloading the page was the only thing that worked.
Screenshot_2016-04-08-23-41-04.png

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Hm. Here's hoping that if they managed to sort one out that they'll do the same for the others too.

Mustawd

I literally finished reading the new posts of this thread, and thought, "huh, hopefully it's fixed."

And then I got this in the mext thread I loaded:

AB311502-6CCA-453E-A49A-FA321613F588_zpssq9qcimg.png

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
*sigh* I don't get how they're not getting swamped with complaints over this since the Codex can't be the only site affected by it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
*sigh* I don't get how they're not getting swamped with complaints over this since the Codex can't be the only site affected by it.
Maybe they are and they pretend that they are looking into the matter.

Mustawd

^as you can see, portrait or landscape orientation don't make a difference.

Morblot

Patron
I'm sad to report that I haven't met my old buddy Cookie Jam in a while. It was replaced by something so generic I don't even know what they are advertising.

Good night, sweet prince.

Mustawd

Yes, I haven't seen Dude with headphones eating cereal in a while.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom