Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Advertising AdBlock

hiver

Ive reconsidered.
You should do this. Really.
After all, you are all working hard to keep this forum running and improving and whatnot.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Honestly I forgot I left adblock on. I turned it on a while ago when those ads that played videos kept showing up and forgot about it. Also I didn't even know there was a donation drive going on.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Adblock has the option to bind a quick disabled/enable shortcut you know...

1. Press Disable AB Key
2. Make Post
3. Press Enable AB Key

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I use adblock, but I also donated last year.

One annoying thing if you disable adblock will be ads playing on embedded youtube videos.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Ive reconsidered.
You should do this. Really.
After all, you are all working hard to keep this forum running and improving and whatnot.
hiver is right. Think of the Codex as like a womyns who is repressed by white cis-male privilege. It is important for us to fight for her rights and equality and such.

hiver understands this.

hiver

:lol:

First time you actually made me laugh out loud. Cassidy understood it fine though.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Adblock has the option to bind a quick disabled/enable shortcut you know...

1. Press Disable AB Key
2. Make Post
3. Press Enable AB Key
You don't even have to bind a key to it. If you have the adblock button in your toolbar/statusbar, you can disable it in two clicks without reloading the page and then enabling it again with other two clicks, again without reloading the page.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ads somehow don't show up on the cellphone I'm using. I'm not using adblock on the laptop though.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
qFbeUyE.jpg

hiver

Hm, really?
No, not really, ffs...

If they "work hard" and blah, blah, blah...

What is the next logical step of direction of the money?

Their pockets. And why wouldnt our great moderators earn something for their efforts, after all?

aris

Arcane
I think the codex should be stripped of most of its features, turned into an early access program at full retail price and then resell the stripped out features as DLCs.

Last edited:

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
No, not really, ffs...

If they "work hard" and blah, blah, blah...

What is the next logical step of direction of the money?

Their pockets. And why wouldnt our great moderators earn something for their efforts, after all?
Actually that wasn't a reply to you, just a test, since people appeared to say that simply whitelisting the Codex wasn't enough. Strangely enough, I did whitelist it but I'm not seeing any ads.

Gord

Arcane
Believe it or not, DarkUnderlord , I had disabled AdBlock on the Codex on some of my pcs, to support the Codex a bit.
But if I keep seeing more pop-up/slide in ads with video and music playing, I will have to take measures....

:rpgcodex:

Seriously though, I don't care about banner ads or such and I don't know how much influence you have over the displayed ads, but ads with sound are annoying. I guess I might be able to block them selectively with NoScript, though...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom