Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware After Reset - vaporware Fallout clone

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You hire & fire developers to make you a game as a hobby? o_O
richierich.jpg

MrNixon

Black Cloud Studios
Developer
yes, cause i got my own DIY-retail chain business as my primary occupation. I just spend my free time and free money on this game dev, but not on cars, jewellery etc.

MrNixon

Black Cloud Studios
Developer
This has vapourware written all over it, in big, ClipArt fonts taken straight out of Word95.
Whatever, guys. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Baron

Arcane
Has captured the starkness of the Fallout landscape in the previous mod. Some groups go overboard with vegetation. Or placeables. Not me, I like the occasional shape on the horizon that I can stare at through the crosshairs of my sniper rifle that I ran out of ammunition for weeks ago.

screen23.jpg
screen16.jpg

screen14.jpg

Particuarly like this night shot, it feels real.

:greatjob:

Nah, I'm a supporter. Mod work is bound to be a little rough, congrats for taking a shot at the next stage. Ignore those bitter individuals who haven't managed to get as far as you have.

And nice choice on the atmospheric soundtrack >> http://www.afterreset.com/media#

One word of advice, I would drop or alter this picture >> http://media.indiedb.com/cache/images/downloads/1/52/51574/thumb_620x2000/1024x768-ost.png

It might be hilarious in Russian, but it's just clumsy, obvious and juvenile in English. Not exactly fitting with words such as "Deep and emotional story" "Realistic and Serious Atmosphere".

Anyway, best of luck with After Reset. Would be curious to see some updates and your experiences working with Unity. You should post them in the Codex Workshop. More helpful, interested, constructive and supportive members in there / less fuckwits.

Murk

Arcane
Donno man, stupid graffiti is pretty damn realistic.

Concept art looks cool -- as usual, I'll hold off judgment until some tangible stuff starts unfolding but eh, good luck bromaine.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
my interest in the post-apocalyptic comes from the storytelling. what caused the apocalypse? who are the people of the wasteland? are there factions and why? what do they stand for, and are they in conflict? are there threats besides other people -- and how do people deal with those? politics, gender roles, machete rape squads, racism, class structures -- what happens?

and honestly, in that regard, this game sure looks like a stinker. there's even a typo in the first fucking sentence.

Saduj

Arcane
yes, cause i got my own DIY-retail chain business as my primary occupation. I just spend my free time and free money on this game dev, but not on cars, jewellery etc.

That's cool. Just make sure to set aside some time and money for what is really important: Family and Friends Whores.

Good luck with your project. From what I've seen it looks like something I'd give a try......

A user named cat

That makes me remember of that polish fallout i found on NMA , a game wich became a fps years later, and a shitty one at that. It all screams scam again .
Afterfall Inanity aka ITZ Potato?
yes thats it, afterfall was originally supposed to be fallout even better , there was a pic gallery even , it was promising.
Wait, I must be on crack or getting titles confused here. I could've sworn some kind of post-apoc RPG came out on torrents years ago named Afterfall. It didn't have the "Insanity" name in its title though, just Afterfall. I didn't play it much so I barely remember it. I think you started in some dustbowl type of encampment and the combat system was strategy based. Yeah, that's about all I can recall.

This is going to drive me crazy. I'm going to research more but I still swear it was called Afterfall.

Edit: Well shit, nevermind. Already found my answer. It was The Fall: Last Days of Gaia.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The artworks on this website remind me a lot of Fallout 3 prerelease artwork. Am I the only one ?

Murk

Arcane
It appears we have the potential for drama. Magnificent.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I am confused?

To me this looks and sounds quite good and seems like something the codex would really like. I played a fallout MMO a while back and it was...decent... But this looks beyond decent- This looks good.

Maybe I am missing something here but a turn based fallout game based on D20 OGL sounds like it could be damn good. Obvioulsy I am reserving judgement until I see something concrete but it seems like everyone is hating on this game without seeing anything either.

So, is it the idea you guys hate or the dev??? Or what exactly?

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
DarKPenguiN Originally the site had ridiculous spelling mistakes everywhere.
For all the concept art they have, they've got no one who'll actually work on the game yet, notice he is looking for 3d artists.
And typical buzzwords being thrown about, promising big.

Now look a few posts above and read what DramaticPopcorn has to say.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I am confused?

To me this looks and sounds quite good and seems like something the codex would really like. I played a fallout MMO a while back and it was...decent... But this looks beyond decent- This looks good.

Maybe I am missing something here but a turn based fallout game based on D20 OGL sounds like it could be damn good. Obvioulsy I am reserving judgement until I see something concrete but it seems like everyone is hating on this game without seeing anything either.

So, is it the idea you guys hate or the dev??? Or what exactly?
Hint:
you are retarded

Drowed

Arcane
The new screenshots actually seems nice:

637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage

But... Who knows. Upvoted anyways, if it sux as always, I will just ignore it.

Edit: In before "piss-yellow filter".

Mortmal

Arcane
They look nice but tactical combat is nowhere to be seen ,one avatar in the desert is not enough to convince me.I have as much faith into this than in...hmm... let say surf solar's mod ....

Explorerbc

Arcane
Did they rip off the Black Isle logo ? :P

blackcloudstudiosKS.medium.jpg

Edit: Also the story intro about the vaults uses almost the same lines as the Fallout one.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Did they rip off the Black Isle logo ? :P

blackcloudstudiosKS.medium.jpg

They say respect and memory. +M

With respect to RIP and in memory of the great Black Isle Studio which gave birth to the Baldur's Gate, the Planescape: Torment and almost to the Fallout 3: Van Buren, we have established our Black Cloud Studios (Los Angeles, CA) to work on After Reset RPG. With the name/logo we hope to embody those values and creativity that reigned over the gamedev market in the nineties.

http://www.indiedb.com/news/black-cloud-studios-founded

norolim

Arcane
24 minute pitch?! 900 долларов?! This can't be serious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom