Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence May 2018 Update

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
You are just jealous that Vince thanked another player in the update.
If you ask me he didn't thank him enough (AFAIK). Sunfire did MASSIVE amount of USEFUL work and he should be compensated for it. But that's just my opinion (and not my money to spend so it's easy for me to say).

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Just to make sure people know what we're talkng about, here are the feats of Sunfire's hotfix in question:

emphasis added.

a quick look here http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7451.0.html reveals a lot more stuff changed by the Sunfire mod.

And it's not the latest version, but the one which is officially integrated in AoD

'officially' integrated?

Jus wanted to be clear, so since this hotfix is the base of the game update, one can consider it is officially integrated, no?
And according to Nick's post, we could also guess there will be another hotfix later:
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2608.msg152896.html#msg152896

I don't see what's the problem with this hotfix, and after analyzing lots of game issues, Sunfire just did fix them, no more than that in this update.
EG : concerning Bracchus helmet, the fact is you can't loot this item, so why does the game tell the players they win an helmet? Would you have prefer to have a modded helmet, or just a part of text deleted so the game doesn't mention this helmet any longer? Did you (or anyone else) spot this issue? Where's the problem to bring consistency here ?
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7169.msg152099.html#msg152099

Before this patch the game didn't give 5SP for discovering Aemolas Village area while we gain 5sp for discovering any other new area. This is not why you call personnal modding, but just a fixed issue.
And as Vince said, ITS approved what he fixed, otherwise, you could be sure it wouldn't have been integrated.
Better give thanks to Sunfire than crying for shame and scandal, no ?

BTW, it prefer to stop here with that.

Last edited:
Grab the Codex by the pussy
If you ask me he didn't thank him enough (AFAIK). Sunfire did MASSIVE amount of USEFUL work and he should be compensated for it. But that's just my opinion (and not my money to spend so it's easy for me to say).
I remember Roxor asking Vault Dweller if he wouldn’t consider adding our nicks in the credits of Age of Decadence. Then I stop and considered how many players contributed in one way or another over the years. Players that are not active posters but helped them with donations when they were struggling at the beginning, and countless other players that contributed with LPs, guides, translations, buying many units, etc. It’s a collective effort, some people helped more than others and would be silly of me to demand a special reference simply because I’m active ITS fanboy on the Codex.

Are you seriously comparing yourself to Sunfire? WTF? Sunfire did more than all the rest combined (excluding devs of course).
Dude, are you insane? I'm just said that I helped less than others and don't deserve any special mention. Read and think before you post. He can have the honour. I don't care. The important thing is that ITS keep making the games we want.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Why are you even mentioning yourself then? You're nobody. I've said:

and you said:

would be silly of me to demand a special reference simply because I’m active ITS fanboy on the Codex
WTF? Why are you inserting yourself here? That you deserve no special mention is like obviously obvious. WTF? Biggest WTF I've had on the Codex.

WTF? Why are you inserting yourself here? That you deserve no special mention is like obviously obvious. WTF? Biggest WTF I've had on the Codex.
Read the damn post before you start attacking people like a lunatic. I said "I remember Roxor asking Vault Dweller if he wouldn’t consider adding our nicks (by this I mean, me and you Goral) in the credits of Age of Decadence". I expect everyone to remember these things, especially because it was posted in this forum.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I remember Roxor asking Vault Dweller if he wouldn’t consider adding our nicks in the credits of Age of Decadence.

i dont remember ever doing anything of the sort

however in related news: sunfire is a good men

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
So this guy comes up with all kinds of changes for quest rewards, and the devs go 'hell yeah, that's EXACTLY what we would have done! Wait, why didn't we actually do it that way?'

Vault Dweller said:
He followed the established rules and added nothing that shouldn't have been there in the first place. We wouldn't have included his changes if we didn't agree with them 100%

[Perception:100]

reading comprehension: 0

"established rules"

"nothing that shouldn't have been there"

that he added nothing that shouldn't have been there could only mean that ITS told the guy what they had originally wanted from the game and he simply carried out their orders. He added monsters to some locations, ffs. How is that not a subjective change that has nothing to do with the original version?

Then again ITS claim right now they only included a few certain fixes, but so far I see no reason to believe that.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Then again ITS claim right now they only included a few certain fixes, but so far I see no reason to believe that.
Hey here's an idea. Try playing through the game and seeing for yourself you fucking retard.

lollercakez, I'll play through the game with the guy's various posts open, all 11 pages of it, trying to find out which of his changes ITS included and which they didn't. Fuckwit.

Even just going by AbounI's post:

was that text already in the game files or is it courtesy of Sunfire, the Russian poet? Who isn't the guy I've bought this game from.

etc.

adding a whole bunch of stuff that helps the player results in a very different experience.

of course there's also stuff like this:

which possibly makes things easier for the player. But instead of making it better, that just makes it worse, because it's not a sum zero game. You give the player a lot more skill points than he'd usually have while fixing stuff that may - or may not - have saved the player money, oh well, the resulting game will be completely different.

There was just never a reason to make this a mandatory download, period. Did people actually flame ITS over not 'fixing' the stuff that this guy did? I doubt it.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
that he added nothing that shouldn't have been there could only mean that ITS told the guy what they had originally wanted from the game and he simply carried out their orders. He added monsters to some locations, ffs. How is that not a subjective change that has nothing to do with the original version?
For the last time, you're confusing his community mod with the bug fix mod.

was that text already in the game files or is it courtesy of Sunfire, the Russian poet? Who isn't the guy I've bought this game from.
He removed the reference to Balzaar if he's already dead.

All consistent with how such things were handled elsewhere.

which possibly makes things easier for the player. But instead of making it better, that just makes it worse, because it's not a sum zero game. You give the player a lot more skill points than he'd usually have while fixing stuff that may - or may not - have saved the player money, oh well, the resulting game will be completely different.
This is the bug he fixed:

"Stumbled on a silly bug: you can install eye implant after refusing the operation for the first time and coming back without the actual eye in the inventory. Also, fixed the bug when Clemens heals for lower cost than he said - 10, 20, 25 instead of 40, 60, 100 imperials if PC hasn't that much."

Did this fix really ruin your game?

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
For the last time, you're confusing his community mod with the bug fix mod.

for the last time, there's no way for me to confirm what's in his 'bugfix mod', because such a thing doesn't seem to exist. The only thing I've found are his various posts on your forums.

All consistent with how such things were handled elsewhere.

The question isn't if it breaks the spirit/ consistency of the game, fact is, you're giving the player advantages they didn't originally have. Didn't you test the game before release/ during patching? You had an idea of the difficulty you were going for, and the game reflected that in its 'unfixed' state.

Sorry if this sounds naive, but a small studio like yours should have an idea of how their game plays, and not only rely on community feedback, right m8?

This is the bug he fixed:

"Stumbled on a silly bug: you can install eye implant after refusing the operation for the first time and coming back without the actual eye in the inventory. Also, fixed the bug when Clemens heals for lower cost than he said - 10, 20, 25 instead of 40, 60, 100 imperials if PC hasn't that much."

Did this fix really ruin your game?

Define what you mean by ruining the game.

I played the game a little upon release, wasn't hooked, but I will go back to it someday. Maybe 2 months from now, or 2 years, or 10 years (God give Gaben a long life). And when I do, I want to play the game that you actually released, with YOUR latest patches applied, because the game seems perfectly playable without community content. And if I then decide that I want to read up on people's mods and install them, I can do that. That's how it should be, and there's no reason to change that.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
You haven't even played through the vanilla game and you are whining endlessly about how a bug fixing patch is ruining the purity of the game? Shut the fuck up.

sorry to burst your little Kodex bubble, but this isn't a fucking fanboy contest. It's about being forced to install user created mods that you never wanted onto a game that you've paid for. So far, I've heard no justification for that, because there is none.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
No one gives a shit about your dumbass, ill-informed opinion. Shut the fuck up and stop posting.

who the fuck are you again? Has anyone except your dog ever cared about what you have to say? Stop embarrassing yourself son.

What I care about is wether ITS are going to continue with that practice, in which case I won't be a customer anymore.

And in the larger picture, this isn't a practice that we want to see spreading I think. Money lost is already lost, what I'd really want to hear is ITS' justification for doing what they did. It seems even stranger for a small studio who you'd think care about their game to do that.

mushaden

Scholar
Do you really think a couple of 1 combat skill point rewards makes the game easier for the player? Devs made significant changes to the cost of improving skills at higher levels in an earlier patch. The skill point rewards for quests were changed to reflect this. I was worried how this would change the game, but I replayed it and it was fine. This latest patch seems inconsequential compared to that one I mentioned. I’m sure the devs thought this through. Seriously, just play the game already.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Do you really think a couple of 1 combat skill point rewards makes the game easier for the player? Devs made significant changes to the cost of improving skills at higher levels in an earlier patch. The skill point rewards for quests were changed to reflect this. I was worried how this would change the game, but I replayed it and it was fine. This latest patch seems inconsequential compared to that one I mentioned. I’m sure the devs thought this through. Seriously, just play the game already.

Maybe the game's balance is even better with that mod applied. I don't care that much, because that's not the question. In fact, if the game's balance relies on user created mods long after the devs stopped updating the game themselves, that says something about that studio. Doesn't the Kodex care about developers' performance/ integrity?

Everyone throws hissy fits over devs releasing games that come with a toolkit and a shoddy campaign, expecting users to come up with the actual quality content, for example. What we're seeing here is potentially worse. Unless there was no real need for that mod, in which case, again, there's no point in making it mandatory for everyone. I don't know why the Kodex is sheepling it up like this, is it because ITS have so many fanboys around here?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
possibly_retarded.png

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Solving problem: hire Sunfire as an official member of ITS.

Solving the problem: put Sacred82 on ignore and be done with it.

He thinks he is so important that the ITS team needs to stop everything that they are doing to prove to him how bug fix mod is not community mod.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Solving problem: hire Sunfire as an official member of ITS.

actually makes you wonder how the whole thing happened. Did ITS approach that guy and say "yo bro, that's one hell of a mod you've put together, can we please just distribute it along with the game?" That sounds too weird.

Since all the fanboys are chiming in right now, can you tell me something about senpai Sunfire? For some reason I have the impression he's a huge faggot. And the story how he managed to have ITS make his mod a mandatory download would certainly be interesting.

Solving the problem: put Sacred82 on ignore and be done with it.

He thinks he is so important that the ITS team needs to stop everything that they are doing to prove to him how bug fix mod is not community mod.

A simple link to something that carries that name would have sufficed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom