Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence Released

Weasel
TBH I'm not sure how many of these comments are genuine and how many are just people trolling VD (or I've just spent too many hours on the Codex recently)

Good RPG games have a lot of relaxing fun mixed with chosen moments of intense difficulty where gamers need to think carefully about every move and tactic. Baldur's Gate was a shining example of a good mix. Even better when an experienced and confident player can move to harder difficulty settings should he feel like it.

To each his own, I suppose, but dying every two minutes in normal difficulty mode isn't my idea of fun. Nor is an RPG where most combat has to avoided. Devs should always take care not to cater too much to the tastes of the gaming snobs, i.e. the type often overrepresented on game forums.
+100

I prefer a more entertaining casual game i can follow the story, like Dragon Age Origins etc, these hardcore rinse and repeat fests just make me angry and i feel like i've wasted money..

Lord Andre

Arcane
Well, unfortunately the game only recognizes my integrated card. My geforce gtx 860m shows up as "gfx null device" and even if I select it, it will default to the integrated one. I can force the application to use my nvidia card from the nvidia control panel and then the game lists it correctly but then in about 30 seconds it will crash and freeze my computer.

If anyone has the same problem and finds a workaround please post it.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
->Add to Cart
->Proceed to Checkout
->Confirm Purchase
->Register on the Codex to thank and congratulate Vince and ITS

Thank you Vince and ITS! I have been lurking here for a long time, but for this I wanted to register and thank you. This game is not shit.

P.S. Yes yes, someone please mock the join date and all that and get it over with.

darthaegis

Cipher
Well, unfortunately the game only recognizes my integrated card. My geforce gtx 860m shows up as "gfx null device" and even if I select it, it will default to the integrated one. I can force the application to use my nvidia card from the nvidia control panel and then the game lists it correctly but then in about 30 seconds it will crash and freeze my computer.

That's pretty strange, the same happened to me about the integrated GPU (fucking laptops) but I did exactly the same as you and no crashing ocurred. Maybe try setting the NVIDIA GPU as default for everthing and see if it crashes as well?

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

You need to force it on the nvidia control panel or whatever it was called. 3D settings or something, choose the game and ask him nicely to run it with the nvidia card.

Edit: yeah didn't read until the end. If you had the previous version installed, delete the config files and go through troubleshooting page at http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/620713633839971865/

Klarion

Arcane
Can someone tell me how big is this game suppose to be? Bigger than PoE? Fallout 2?

In terms of playtime and content.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
22 locations. Not as big as PoE or Fallout 2 because the content is split between mutually exclusive questlines and decisions (i.e. replayability is actually a feature).

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Congrats VD. I will definitely buy this in the coming weeks.

Also, congrats on causing this reviewer so much emotional distress.

359bgcw.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Congratulations! I guess I'll have to play it in parallel with SitS. Haven't had time to start Steam and update from the Alpha to the release.

Ayreos

Augur
The pain i had to go through to not replay the demo too many times will now pay off!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
THIS ISN'T FUCKING THURSDAY

22 locations. Not as big as PoE or Fallout 2 because the content is split between mutually exclusive questlines and decisions (i.e. replayability is actually a feature).
This is actually a fair bit of areas too, given how much development effort a full-on CYOA type C&C design requires, ie Way of the Samurai games which are probably in that sense AoD's closest relatives.

How long would you estimate a single complete playthrough would be on the average, and what would you estimate is the longest?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom