Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence Released

Need any help? Ask away. I have all answers, just follow me to my shop.
i don't really "need help", but i don't like all the situations with no escape. like the end of assassin's first act
if i side with the guards i have no way to explain the situation, and the guild hates me.
there's no point in the stealth escape because guards come after you anyway.
if i even succeed in winning the upcoming fight (did twice in at least twenty attempts), to not be hated by the guild i have to suicide.
there's no way to make them happy. if you want it to be like this, force my hand with some set pieces, don't give me options that will all result in my death.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
there's no point in the stealth escape because guards come after you anyway.

Yes, this seems pointless. There is no difference if you succeed or not, which is weird.

Anyway, here's a protip: If you are having trouble surviving street fights, try a more combat-oriented build. Don't let them step over you:

kQJK8iP.jpg

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
You start the fight with less HP if you fail the stealth check.

Hmm I didn't know that.

I did it with two different Assassin chars, the first I succeeded and the second I failed and didn't see the difference in the following street fight. But that could be because the second char was more combat-oriented and I had learned to fight better.

Yes, this seems pointless. There is no difference if you succeed or not, which is weird.

Anyway, here's a protip: If you are having trouble surviving street fights, try a more combat-oriented build. Don't let them step over you:

kQJK8iP.jpg

of course it can be done, if you have a 100% combat focused toon and don't care to explore anything of the game.
it's not the first time games have achievements totally unrelated to how you have to play the game like a human being.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Achievements are related to how you play the game like a human being. There are about 20+ different human beings (builds) who can finish the game in different ways (and I don't mean dying).

Assassin Guild is very combat-oriented with few non-fight choices

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Git gud and use everything you have. Also impersonting a merchant after assasination helps a bit in that fight. (CS required)

define 'that fight'

i first saved Fulvio but couldn't do it for Coltan in the burning guildhouse - useless fuck died in the EXACT LAST TURN OF THE FIGHT right before I killed the last remaining guardsman. Saving him is generally a gamble anyway because he's so bad

then I saved Neleos but Fulvio got chopped to pieces (which was quite profitable anyway because I could then loot his armour and use it till the end of the game)

Lord Andre

Arcane
Hmmm, I did the Teron AG questline with no problems with a hybrid 7/7/7/8/7/4 and none of my allies died. Maybe reloaded 2-3 times on the final fight. In my opinion, miltiades, ordu and outpost are way more difficult.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Just finished, 35 hours/38 Achievements. What can i say, the best RPG since Fallout for me, even improving on the formula.
Once again been playing until 5 AM and am veeeeery inclined to play a different build. Had tons of fun with the writing. The flow is so good, i had to smile a lot, reading and re-reading the dialog aloud.

So all in all, VD/ITS delivered. I was also surprised to find cool loot and generally being able to have a powerful build. Rewards for some tough situations are very satisfying.

But.... where are the end game credits? I want to reflect on the game experience while listen to some tune...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
So far 420 copies were returned. Reasons stated:

- thought it would be a more simple game to play, instead it is waves of text, data, maths and lame mechanics
- I read the combat was tough, but it really is brutal. The graphics are bad at the highest setting, and the game seems way too slow to be the type of game I'd enjoy.
- The way this game locks a player out of gameplay choices, based on what stats or skills the player has, is ridiculous. I picked a certain playstyle and already in the beginning of the game my character is stuck because he got a bad "roll" twice.
^ le horror
- its not what i expected and the intro to the actually game mechanics takes too long
- I knew going in that it was supposed to be a challenging game, but it's more than I could handle. I don't have enough time to learn such a complicated combat system and can never see myself playing this game.
- This games combat makes picking a fighting character a waste of time. Way to hard.
- Everyone kills me!!!
- I love difficult games, and was excited for this one. But all that it does is kill you, and it's difficult to have any fun with the game :(
- played thru saved battel 25 times no way to win
- i thought i downloaded the demo for it turns out it was the entire game at 902mb lol old old game

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
(...) - i thought i downloaded the demo for it turns out it was the entire game at 902mb lol old old game
All of the above are facepalm worthy but I have to comment on this one. When was the last time we got a demo of a non-indie game? Fallout 4? Witcher 3? Skyrim? Developers nowadays do not make demos because they're afraid it will deter customers.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
At least a bunch of those are pretty fair actually. They want easier combat and pretty graphics, so the game objectively isn't for them. Refund system working as intended.

Mozg

Arcane
At least a bunch of those are pretty fair actually. They want easier combat and pretty graphics, so the game objectively isn't for them. Refund system working as intended.

Yeah, I was thinking that it was nice for them to leave accurate feedback. I go out of my way to say insane and useless things on any feedback form I have the patience to fill out.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
hey, what, I've been defending it to the hilt.

Still need to find time to play it though, I've just not been in the mood for it and don't want to spoil it. Definitely going to play it soon though.

The wtf because you hadn't bought it yet! I guess you have now.

Mozg

Arcane
I liked it and ended up playing through with several characters before I burned out. If you played the combat demo I think you'll know basically what not to do so you can avoid getting into a "I fucked around for a few hours spreading points around and my character can't do shit I wanna do, 0/10 this game is Morrissey"

Don't play thieves' guild. I think all the sneaky skills are not very well supported, fun, or interesting in general.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom