Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence Released

hivemind

Thieves' guild is okay if you a talker with some sneaky skills like lockpick and dex.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
I use hasta+shield.

AgyeLSr.jpg

Mozg

Arcane
Thieves guild (don't read dis jimbops)

I thought it was fun as a combat character until the end of Maadoran when ur sposed to assassinate Gaelius. I couldn't figure out a way to do much of anything in that mission without hemorrhaging SP into skills I'd probably never use again, so I just turned traitor to the thieves and tattled to Gaelianus.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Thieves guild (don't read dis jimbops)

I thought it was fun as a combat character until the end of Maadoran when ur sposed to assassinate Gaelius. I couldn't figure out a way to do much of anything in that mission without hemorrhaging SP into skills I'd probably never use again, so I just turned traitor to the thieves and tattled to Gaelianus.

That's a possiblity, but I boosted CS and killed him. Only having trouble with Ganazzar first thief mission due to lack of necessary skills. I'm thinking what is my next move. I dislike Glabius already.

Saduj

Arcane
My thief had skill points spread among more non-combat skills than any other character I played. But most were modest investments. Exceptions being lockpick (8), sneak (6) and traps (5). There were still plenty of points to go around so he was more than capable in terms of combat. I wouldn't worry about having to pump up persuasion or disguise a bit to pass the Gaelius quest, you won't miss the points.

After experimenting a bit, the cheapest way to pass that quest in terms of skill points, for me, was to convince the courtesan to give him a poisoned "love potion". You can do this after getting the silver, rather than gold pass when you first enter the castle.

Urbanolo

Augur
Are there any news on the content update? It was supposed to come out in November if i recall correctly.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Are there any news on the content update? It was supposed to come out in November if i recall correctly.
No news yet. We wasted time trying different things that would take too long to implement, so now we're a week behind. Basically our plan was:

1. An NPC/optional combat in the temple - done
2. Traveling with a lord and his men to the temple, featuring enemy patrols, Aurelian attempts to destroy locations leading to it, like blowing up Hellgate, zealots looking for the temple, Neleos, etc) - need about a month to do it right.
3. "The Battle of the Five Armies" - work in progress but probably not in the next update
4. The Rise of the Chosen One - work in progress
5. Individual Endings - work in progress.

hivemind

2. Traveling with a lord and his men to the temple, featuring enemy patrols, Aurelian attempts to destroy locations leading to it, like blowing up Hellgate, zealots looking for the temple, Neleos, etc) - need about a month to do it right.
3. "The Battle of the Five Armies" - work in progress but probably not in the next update
4. The Rise of the Chosen One - work in progress
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Weasel
Always interesting to spot the "reviewers" who VD obviously clashed with in the past. Like someone who claimed to be familiar with all the demos but then refunded after 1.5hrs as he got frustrated by the combat and wasn't warned about an ambush. :salute:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/492379159714175339/

It takes a special type of drama queen to talk about VD possibly getting thrown off Steam for 'violating his privacy' by 'revealing' that he refunded, as if the <2hrs playtime and lack of a mouse icon next to his name is not an obvious indication :lol:. Always makes me wonder what the real source of the butthurt was.

Viata

Arcane
actually, i'd like to point out you can play the game for as long as you want in offline mode to not exceed the 2hr limit for refund. I've done this for playtesting
Learned something new, though.

Dumb guy. Complaining about a game who punishes you for doing dumb things? Who trust a guy who is clearly screaming ambush? The complain is always "my character, who obviously is not good at combat, can't win combats. This game/combat mechanics sucks". Thanks for new RPGs, today's players want to be able to do everything in a single run or the game has "bad design".

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
I posted a positive review as soon as I had like 10 hours in the game. I have 100 hours now and still 60 achivos to get.

Like VD, always said, AoD isn't for everyone. It's for people tired of games for retards.

Cadmus

Arcane
Like VD, always said, AoD isn't for everyone. It's for people tired of games for retards.
The new marketing catchphrase.
I checked the steam thread and stopped reading after a few lines of the same, bullshit unsupported complaints. Retards gonna retard.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Nor will Age of Decadence.
Nah, I think it will be out in 2015 but not in May as VD says but in November/December. Anyway, it's already the best game since Fallout 1 so I don't see how it could lose to any other game, especially the ones that bring (almost) nothing new to the table (Underrail is a Fallout rip-off, PoE Baldur's and Torment...) - and the originality was one of the main reasons why DOS won this competition judging by the comments in this thread. On the other hand Wasteland was looked down upon by many because "it took no risks" (though I suspect that those who haven't finished it had problems with difficulty, after all if you made your party with shitty stats you would be stuck).
QFT.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Finally i have purchased this game, i must have to say thanks to Vault Dweller and folks at Iron Tower Studios to be able keep me entertained from start to finish.

Very few game did that and you guys did awesome job on it.

I have even created thread about this game in my native forum and hope some folks in here be able to witness a true CRPG experience rather than usual JRPG and so called "RPG" by Western Developer (IE Bioware, Bethesda, etc)

So, any plan to release a sequel ?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Finally i have purchased this game, i must have to say thanks to Vault Dweller and folks at Iron Tower Studios to be able keep me entertained from start to finish.

Very few game did that and you guys did awesome job on it.
Thanks.

So, any plan to release a sequel ?
If we stay in business and get to revisit the AoD world, we'll set the sequel on another continent and give you an opportunity to explore the Qantari culture, see how they fared and what they are up to.

You'd join an expedition sent by House Aurelian shortly before the events of the first game. As in AoD, you'd be able to pick from different backgrounds: a praetor representing House Aurelian, a thief chained to the galley, a merchant representing the Commercium and tasked with establishing a trading outpost, a merc hired to protect the expedition (one of many, of course), a Boatmen assigned to the praetor, etc.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
If we stay in business and get to revisit the AoD world, we'll set the sequel on another continent and give you an opportunity to explore the Qantari culture, see how they fared and what they are up to.

You'd join an expedition sent by House Aurelian shortly before the events of the first game. As in AoD, you'd be able to pick from different backgrounds: a praetor representing House Aurelian, a thief chained to the galley, a merchant representing the Commercium and tasked with establishing a trading outpost, a merc hired to protect the expedition (one of many, of course), a Boatmen assigned to the praetor, etc.

Sounds Great, can't wait.

Oh Btw, The Sequel is still using the same Game Engine, yes ?
If so, in theory your guys will be releasing the game quicker if AOD revisited again in the future.
But my knowledge in Game Development limited, so what right i have to say about that :D

Vault Dweller

Developer

Sounds Great, can't wait.

Oh Btw, The Sequel is still using the same Game Engine, yes ?
Our next two games are a quick dungeon crawler set in the AoD world (should be out by the end of 2016) and a 'colony ship RPG' (aiming to release it on Early Access in 2018).

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...geon-crawler-and-colony-ship-projects.105008/

Then, if we're still in business, we'll consider what to do next.

If so, in theory your guys will be releasing the game quicker if AOD revisited again in the future.
In theory, yes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom