Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What is the most fun, build/class for full-combat walkthrough? Is a heavy tank viable?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What's the reference behind this line, after leaving from Maadoran to Ganezzar?

You put the 'god' out of its misery, releasing it from the horror of its existence and ending the magic that haunted the Abyss for centuries. And you didn't even get a stupid tunic for that.

Lexxx20

Learned
GTA joke, I believe. You did get a t-shirt saying this by finding all hidden packages in GTA 3, I believe.

oscar

Arcane
What is the most fun, build/class for full-combat walkthrough? Is a heavy tank viable?

Two hander axe or hammer dodge brute is a hell of a lot of fun and utterly lethal with maxed crafting and a bit of alchemy.

Saduj

Arcane
On the Imperial Guard path, does charisma influence the ending (so as to not get sent to the wasteland, already got that with a murderhobo) or it's just a matter of reputation? I'm trying a hybrid IG right now with 5/10/4/8/6/7 and those 3 points in CHA could really go somewhere else.

The ending is based on factional reputation. And reputation is affected by charisma. Whenever you do something positive or negative for a faction, how much your reputation changes is affected by your charisma modifier. I know its possible to get good IG ending with 4 charisma. Probably true for most factions.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hey guys!

After getting Miltiades to Ganezzar, he asks me to kill Darganus to "improve the narrative". But as soon as I murder Darganus and leave the house, Milti tells me that I "started a fucking war" and goes to the tavern in Lowtown. Did I miss something? It sounds like I screwed up his quest somehow.

hivemind

Same thing happened to me.

I'm not sure, but maybe it has to do with how you handled the previous questline.

Tick Tock Crocodile

I'm trying to Impersonate my way into the Teron palace this time around. I've worked out that you need the right clothes, some Impersonate and Lore, but not sure how to succeed when Dellar says he's surprised to see you here unannounced and without an entourage. Anyone know how?

Saduj

Arcane
Hey guys!

After getting Miltiades to Ganezzar, he asks me to kill Darganus to "improve the narrative". But as soon as I murder Darganus and leave the house, Milti tells me that I "started a fucking war" and goes to the tavern in Lowtown. Did I miss something? It sounds like I screwed up his quest somehow.

Before he leaves he tells you that he's picked the wrong side. My interpretation is that Miltiades is surprised by the ferocity of the zealots. The shit about you starting a war is just him deflecting the blame for the fact that you both almost get killed by zealots. Then he says that he picked the wrong side and is going to Lowtown. Meaning he's changed his mind about usurping Darganus because the zealots are too strong. And he'd rather go work some scam where he's siding with the zealots because they're going to win.

hivemind

But It's possible to get a different result where Miltades is a part of the upper town society.

I got it a version or two ago so not sure what changed since then.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Hey guys!

Whom did you talk to? Hector or Pancratius?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Whom did you talk to? Hector or Pancratius?
Pancreatius -> asked me to kill hector -> did so -> told Darganus Milti is a noble and trustworthy guy -> Milti asked me to kill darganus -> I did (in a single turn, before the zealots burst in) -> left the house -> result above.

Also, waiting until the zealots show up and killing everyone does not change anything.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
... is a nutjob. Hector was a moderate; he would have sent some men to deal with Darganus. Pancratius used this opportunity to attack the entire district.
But but, Hector was the guy who sent those dudes to MURDER Elias. Pancreatius seemed harmless in comparison :O :O :O

Ok, will reload the quest tomorrow and post an update.

oscar

Arcane
The ending is based on factional reputation. And reputation is affected by charisma. Whenever you do something positive or negative for a faction, how much your reputation changes is affected by your charisma modifier. I know its possible to get good IG ending with 4 charisma. Probably true for most factions.

I got the good ending with my straight brute IG and the Bolivian Army Ending with my hybrid-ish guy.

Esquilax

Arcane
But but, Hector was the guy who sent those dudes to MURDER Elias. Pancreatius seemed harmless in comparison :O :O :O

Yeah, Vault Dweller this is as confusing as shit. Darganus sent me to find the root of the fanaticism in Lowtown so that the ringleaders of the mob can be quelled. The quest gave the impression that Hector was an opportunistic sociopath using the new religion as a stepping stone to obtain power, whereas Pancratius was an eccentric, but harmless religious guy.

Esquilax

Arcane
Pancratius seemed p. clever from the little I talked to him.

Well the confusing part is that, regarding Hector, Pancratius says "his is a militant creed", implying that his philosophy is more peaceful/moderate. Which is why it's weird when Miltiades comes up to you and says "I asked you to stir shit up, not start a fucking war". Hell, Hector was the one who suggested assassinating a nobleman in the first place.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Maybe Hector just wanted to send a message to the elites (crucifying Nobleguy), while deep down Pancratius wants a bloody revolution (storming noblehood).

I thought he was a fucking hypocrite tbh (like I said, I interacted little with him (and then killed him)).

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Yeah, Vault Dweller this is as confusing as shit. Darganus sent me to find the root of the fanaticism in Lowtown so that the ringleaders of the mob can be quelled. The quest gave the impression that Hector was an opportunistic sociopath using the new religion as a stepping stone to obtain power, whereas Pancratius was an eccentric, but harmless religious guy.
Darganus doesn't really understand Lowtown, the zealots, or their grievances. Hector is a moderate zealot controlling less stable nutjobs like Claudia and Tycho. Pancratius is an 'extremist' who's using you to get rid of Hector who was standing in his way.

So when you return to Pancratius after killing Hector, he warns you:

The old preacher looks almost regal now, his aura of power and charisma affecting everyone in the room. His men train their crossbows on you the moment you enter, ready to turn you into a porcupine at a moment’s notice.

“Tell Darganus we only gave him a taste of what's to come,” says the preacher. ”He should leave Ganezzar while he can.”
“You lied to me.”
“Lied to you?” says the preacher as if surprised by the absurdity of your accusation. “I didn’t make any promises. I said that Hector won’t like you making deals in Lowtown. You killed Hector and I pray that the Gods punish you for this crime.

“Be gone now and don’t come back.”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom