Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Well the confusing part is that, regarding Hector, Pancratius says "his is a militant creed", implying that his philosophy is more peaceful/moderate.
I guess he was less than entirely honest with you.

Esquilax

Arcane

This wouldn't be the first time a character in AoD fucked me over. Step over to this alleyway, where I can properly congratulate you.

But shouldn't a savvy character be able to see through it with [streetwise]? Or even with good [House Crassus] rep?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

??!?!? Outrageous, dialogue like that ought to come with trigger warnings. Please implement safe spaces in each city, too. Teron used to be a place people could have fun... now there's a creepy white male near the market trying to lure me to his house.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You should all join the Komrade Hector and his Popular Revolution instead; the ending is much more Epic and Majestic this way... And Yes Pancratius always stroked me as Hypocrite/Opportunist/One inside the movement for the power alone so I always killed him. Playing Imperial Guardsmen was like heaven for National Bolshevik type like Kommissar; You could give those Lords and Merchants the revolutional justice they deserved (starting from Antidas and Crassius kid) and give all the power to people and soldiers. :russia:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does miltiades appear no matter what you do, or only if you support the nobles and keep Hector alive?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You should all join the Komrade Hector and his Popular Revolution instead; the ending is much more Epic and Majestic this way... And Yes Pancratius always stroked me as Hypocrite/Opportunist/One inside the movement for the power alone so I always killed him. Playing Imperial Guardsmen was like heaven for National Bolshevik type like Kommissar; You could give those Lords and Merchants the revolutional justice they deserved (starting from Antidas and Crassius kid) and give all the power to people and soldiers. :russia:

IG gave me Fascist vibes. They really don't look like commies. Carrinas specially.

hivemind

Carrinas is imo one of the best and most subtly written characters in the game.
Especially if you get the 'First Sword' ending.
Probably the most 'balanced' character in terms of personality flaws/merits.

hivemind

The backgrounds differ literally only in the starting vignette you get.

There is no such a thing as a 'grifter' playthrough

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, but it's kinda pointless. If you wanna start with non afiliated character you have

Loremaster -> early respirator + easier access to Feng training
Mercenary -> a lot more gold (ppl forget the mercenary is actually independent, lel)

So I'd pick mercenary for a combat character and loremaster for a non combat character all day, every day :cool:

Saduj

Arcane
I think Loremaster leads into Aurelian Praetor nicely. Do the Feng stuff in Teron. Maybe a Merchant quest or two. Do the raider quest. Then go to the mine and fix the machine for the Aurelians and go to Maadaron. As Auerelian Praetor you get Darius' helm, access to Zamedi without having to fight, you can get extra power tubes from Harran's Pass and nothing requires any combat.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
I think Loremaster leads into Aurelian Praetor nicely. Do the Feng stuff in Teron. Maybe a Merchant quest or two. Do the raider quest. Then go to the mine and fix the machine for the Aurelians and go to Maadaron. As Auerelian Praetor you get Darius' helm, access to Zamedi without having to fight, you can get extra power tubes from Harran's Pass and nothing requires any combat.

Yeah, that's exactly what I did during my Aurelian Praetor game. You can play the ENTIRE merchant questline, actually. Get all that SP and then go to the aurelian outpost and fix the mine for the aurelians (and return later on to find out that they abandoned the mine for Daratan because...reasons :argh::argh::argh: check my rant here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/any-way-for-the-aurelians-to-keep-the-mine.104466/)

Saduj

Arcane
fix the mine for the aurelians (and return later on to find out that they abandoned the mine for Daratan because...reasons :argh::argh::argh:

Yeah I noticed that too. I hadn't looted the mine so I went back later and the Daratans were there. :negative:

Think I could have still entered because I had a decent rep with Daratan still but I just left in disgust. :obviously:

Another minor issue I noticed: I met with Gaelius directly after the mine and pledged loyalty to him. Then I went to Arena district to meet with that guy Antidas hooks you up with. As always, after that meeting guards take me to Gaelius. Gaelius acts as if we've never met and conversation proceeds as if I'm still working for Antidas.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You can actually do all merchant quests, because merchant guild questline doesn't teleport you to maadoran afterwards.

Edit: lol need to read all the posts before chiming in.

Saduj

Arcane
I don't think my Loremaster had the necessary skills to complete all Teron merchant quests. Although I probably had to bump those skills later so it would have made sense to build in different order so I could have done those.

Reminds me of something. I know you can get to 3 Lore in Teron without spending any points but even if you spend 15 to get there, having at least 3 Lore will almost always pay for itself in skill points. Are there any other skill point investments like that are almost guaranteed to pay for themselves?

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The thing is: I just finished merchant branch and want something different. Probably will delay the Grifter and start Assassin or Mercenary.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Yeah I noticed that too. I hadn't looted the mine so I went back later and the Daratans were there. :negative:

Think I could have still entered because I had a decent rep with Daratan still but I just left in disgust. :obviously:

Another minor issue I noticed: I met with Gaelius directly after the mine and pledged loyalty to him. Then I went to Arena district to meet with that guy Antidas hooks you up with. As always, after that meeting guards take me to Gaelius. Gaelius acts as if we've never met and conversation proceeds as if I'm still working for Antidas.

Noticed this as well. Which is strange since the dialogue of the guards who take you to Gaelius changes. They still don't give you a choice to not go to Gaelius (to be fair, I never tried the refusal dialogue as an Aurelian), but are far more respectful and apologetic about forcing you to go to Gaelius.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Are there any other skill point investments like that are almost guaranteed to pay for themselves?

Sneak 4, but only if you have decent dex and STR. Between the daratan compound, blacksmith house, Feng, and the carpet store quest, sneak 4 pays for itself.

kryminator

Augur
Sneak 4, but only if you have decent dex and STR. Between the daratan compound, blacksmith house, Feng, and the carpet store quest, sneak 4 pays for itself.
But to benefit from Feng and Carpet Store You need also decent lockpick. Or am I missing sth?.

I would say it's Sneak 3 if You want crafting and have decent STR/DEX combo. Sneak 3 (15 SP) is enough for blacksmith and Daratan compound and gives +10 civic SP from blacksmith and +5 general SP for palace infiltration.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom