Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
I didn't finish my Assassin playthrough. My IG build was Hammer + Shield, because I like smashing stuff.

hivemind

Antidas loyalist "good" ending at some point to follow up from that? I vaguely remember that being mentioned as something they might do.
No.

IIRC the best ending Antidas can get is if you save Gaelius and convince Antidas to bend the knee as a Vassal

skaraher

Cipher
Antidas loyalist "good" ending at some point to follow up from that? I vaguely remember that being mentioned as something they might do.
No.

IIRC the best ending Antidas can get is if you save Gaelius and convince Antidas to bend the knee as a Vassal

There are better ending than this still:
-You can let Gaelius die and convince Serenas not to attack the Slums. After that you can follow the Daratan as Aurelian vassal path, but with a much more manipulable and weak Aurelian overlord.
-After destroying Maadoran, instead of going to Al-Akia with Meru, go back to Antidas and tell him everything. He will send you and a contingent of Daratan guards to destroy the complex, and the conflict will end in a stalemate between Crassus, Daratan and IG.

In both cases, House Daratan doesn't really "win" but it still manages to survive and come out stronger than it was at the beginning of the game.

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
Is there any way to return to the healing machine in the sewers? I killed Levir to use the machine myself and i was lacking like 50 gold coins to pay Iola, so i told her ill come back with the money, but now i dont find the way back in...

Tigranes

Arcane
I don't think there is, and yeah, it's a bit silly because it demands metagame knowledge. Try to return to a previous save.

Wait, no, they might have added this in a later patch, if I'm not imagining things? Doesn't she say she'll wait for you, I think either in the slums tavern or outside the temple?

Doktor Best

Arcane
Yeah found her now, thanks. Been playing the game on the train and didnt pay attention to that particular dialogueline, so i guess its my bad. A questlog entry would have been nice though.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Im doing the Ganezzar thief quest right now and i got past that centipide thing, now there are 2 tunnels which both lead into rooms with some blue fog that constantly drains my max hp until im dead. The gasmask somehow doesnt work despite it being charged.

How do i proceed from there? The maxhp loss from the blue fog seems to be permanent so id prefer a solution without losing mainstats as i am mostly a combat oriented char

edit: alright i finally managed to win that power armor fight which appearently protects me from the radiation/fog, but now im lacking either dexterty or lock picking skills to proceed. Also running out of things to do which could possibly grant me some skillpoints...

Hellgate: lacking lore
dead river: lacking lore
thief quest: lacking lockpick
old facility: lacking lockpick/crafting

I picked up a quest in maadoran before in which a trader told me to steal a certain gem for him in order to earn 1000 bucks, but it didnt appear in my questlog. Is this a interface bug or is the quest not implented yet?

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
Yeah figured that one out, but right afterwards i get killed off by a trap i cannot detect :negative:
Seems like i'm a real shitty thief...

One more question: What do i need the airship for? Is there any advantage i get from obtaining it while not playing the loremaster route? I kinda just stumbled upon it and i have no idea what to make of it.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
One more question: What do i need the airship for? Is there any advantage i get from obtaining it while not playing the loremaster route? I kinda just stumbled upon it and i have no idea what to make of it.
Unless there have been changes since I last played, the airship
is one option for breaking the siege of Ganezzar, though it isn't the optimal option. Aside from that, it's just cool. :cool: You won't have enough lore to get it working properly, though, and you would need to acquire the "jellyfish artifact" too.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
FOUND ONE BUG BROS

IF YOU KILL EVERYONE AT THE ARCH WHEN YOU INTERACT WITH IT YOU STILL TALK TO THE ORACLE OR WHATEVER

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS APPROACJING SKYWAYS LEVEL OF NUMBER OF PLAYTHROUGHA

THIEF QUEST IS ANNOYING FUCKED UP STAT CHECKS

ENDING SLIDES WERE FUCKED UP AFTER MADORAAN I KILLED THE DEMON BUT THE ENDING SLIDES SAID SOME OTHER FAGS DID

ALSO FAGGOT THRICE BLESSED SHOWS UP IN MERU DIALOG AFTER YOU KILL HIM

LOLOLPLLOL NOT MEANING TO NITPICK I LOVE THIS FUCKING GAME

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
am i missing something or darganus' quest in ganezzar really ended like that?

it's the one that ask you to

kill/take care of preacher in lower ganezzar. you have the option to kill him, or help him take care of hector, another zealot. after you do it, the option with darganus is:

"any news?"

and he answered "patience my friend, the old empire wasnt built in a day you know"

so i did the final mission in ganezzar, and finally get the quest to find ziggurat, before going to hellgate, i visited him and still no news.

Urbanolo

Augur
am i missing something or darganus' quest in ganezzar really ended like that?

it's the one that ask you to

kill/take care of preacher in lower ganezzar. you have the option to kill him, or help him take care of hector, another zealot. after you do it, the option with darganus is:

"any news?"

and he answered "patience my friend, the old empire wasnt built in a day you know"

so i did the final mission in ganezzar, and finally get the quest to find ziggurat, before going to hellgate, i visited him and still no news.

Closure of Darganus questline is possible only if you've completed Miltiades' quests.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
oh that's why. in this run, i missed militiades' quest because i didn't have any idea that the main quest just forced me trough the end of chapter 1 at some point

valcik

Arcane
Charismatic praetor perhaps? You can go full diplomatic way, or clad yourself in some shiny armor and punish any insolence by sword!

TigerKnee

Arcane
Can someone spoil me on some of the new Thieving opportunities added in one of the supposed new versions of the game? Especially the ones that give SP

I played it on release and got walled by the last parts of the TG's quest but I'm thinking of revisiting it since supposedly thievery has gotten a bit of a fix since then.

Trashos

Arcane
revisited recently aod to try different playthroughs
non combat thief, turned aurelian and did all possible outcomes from there I think. Had so many points that prior to ziggurat I decided to get some combat skills and do arena... dont think i can call it hybrid since at that point there was not much to fight. Apart from not being able to get Militiades closure had perfect teron run(was not able to fight or talk my way out of 2nd ambush encounter so in the end ive just slit his throat prior to that)
Btw thief is amazing. After changes to taverns there is so much to do along with tons of extra points and goods(hardest check in genezzar gives 1k gold). Along with lore can unlock everything, power up everything(and still have batteries left... in my case 3)

So I have a question if there is any playthrough that I would enjoy plotwise(not a big fan of aod combat, but it doesnt mean i can only do pacifists runs)
apart from previous i did
merchat line(s)
thief line(s)
assassin line(s)
and recently you can add aurelian line(s)...

I didnt do militiades and I can assume that it will be first recommendation... any particular starting point/choices I should do? If its more combat oriented Id also ask for weapon choice too... So far Ive only played with daggers.

My favorite one this far is Mercenary turned Imperial Guard turned House Aurelian. It was a hybrid build with a lot of combat though. You probably need some focus on combat to partner with Miltiades anyway. I used spears/dodge. Spears rock in open space.

On the other hand, with a hybrid thief you can avoid a hard Miltiades-related fight in Maadoran.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Thanks.

What's the SP cheapest way to get the Mantra when infiltrating the palace + steps? I've never gotten it despite getting the trait before

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
What's the SP cheapest way to get the Mantra when infiltrating the palace + steps? I've never gotten it despite getting the trait before
I did it so (with hybrid assassin 5 STR, 8 DEX, 5 CON, 8 PER, 7 INT, 7 CHA)

you need 3 sneak and 3 lockpick and 4 CS, sneak in compound->sneak in guard room, explore back, redistribute wealth->lockpick chest, go back outside, investigate tower, CS guard, go back, go to other side of compound, climb roof (you need 3 throwing and hook+rope for that due to shitty STR+DEX, otherwise you could climb without wasting points on throwing with just a climbing hook, both rope and climbing hook can be looted from cemetery) -> CS guard-> drop in bedroom and get SP, you have to CS one more guard here or slightly later, go in room with books, take risky option, read+get SP, PER find mechanism , 4 craft disarm->Antidas, need 6 bodycount to not get killed (for example the merc in the vignette, Cassius, 4 squatters, I killed the squatters with these stats and the shitty bronze armor from the merc from vignette with 3 daggers, 3 block, so it's a good early source of bodycount)

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom