Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Old One

Arcane
Speaking of the Widowmaker, there's a bad mistake in the dialogue with him.

The PC has a line that should be, "I made it this far."

But instead the line is, "I made it that far."

It's the kind of thing a spellchecker won't catch.

Trashos

Arcane
Im thinking about doing one more playthrough, hybrid this time. Most likely thief but got no idea as of now how will I go through the game, who to betray.

When the time comes, YOU WILL KNOW.

General spear mechanic question: when you craft a spear what passive bonus mean? Is it bonus to chance of intercepting enemy or something else?

Yes, it is interception bonus.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
while learning how spears work I came upon your video(spear/dodge/cs assassin) and after 5 mins of it I have few questions:
- why cs? It got great synergy with daggers for example but i dont actually see how is it worth for slow spear build... and you aim for arteries anyway

Cuz impaling ppl is FUN. And both impale and arterial strikes scale with CS. Unless Vince changed it while I was looking away.

- whats the significance of 9 dex over 8?

Spear is a dex weapon? I like 11 AP armors (IIRC they got nerfed recently)?

- I understand that armors gives penalty to dodge(mind you the only fighting build i had was unarmored dodge/cs/dagger) along with ap limit. Whats the optimal armor?

Dunno. Check patch notes.

and general spear questions to see if i get it right:
- 2h vs 1h: 1h is for heavier armored builds with shield?

I was never a shield fan. I hear block got buffed, so I might try it again sometime.

- you only intercept the enemy when they enter your spear melee radius? Which would mean that for 1h spears its smaller and as such easier to manage while moving around? Also with 1h you can attack enemies in front of you

Ahn...yeah?

- are you able to stop enemies from running away from you(ranged ones for example) at all with spears?

IIRC you only get a regular AoO.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Why the fuck isn't there a generalized AoD discussion thread?

40cd997ed0.png

Whatever. Here's my British first-person shooter Steam buddy—who'd barely played an RPG in his life up until recently—playing the copy of AoD I bought for him months ago right around the time AoD hit 1.0. He booted it up with no further urging from me since I gifted it, and he's been at it for a few days now. He sank 100+ hours into Underrail, too.

He also played Fallout and Fallout 2 at some point I'm unaware of.

This reaffirms my theory that people are trained to expect decline and therefore ruined, incapable of appreciating incline. When not tainted by the decline, a fresh face quickly learns to enjoy actual RPGs that are difficult and complicated.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
The Codex rests on resentment towards the inevitability of decline. The day that this assumption is abandoned, the Codex as we know it will end. People, don’t believe in Blaine’s lies! This is just a point out of the curve, an anomaly!

naysayer-650x336-390x205.jpg

Esquilax

Arcane
This reaffirms my theory that people are trained to expect decline and therefore ruined, incapable of appreciating incline. When not tainted by the decline, a fresh face quickly learns to enjoy actual RPGs that are difficult and complicated.

Basically. I mean, I played Fallout 1 and the really winding, non-linear and atmospheric missions of Thief: Dark Project when I was less than ten years old. These games aren't super hard or complex - children can (and do) figure them out. It just so happens that if you stick a quest compass somewhere and make it easy for people to just go on auto-pilot and turn off their brains, that's exactly what they do and exactly what they become accustomed to.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Basically. I mean, I played Fallout 1 and the really winding, non-linear and atmospheric missions of Thief: Dark Project when I was less than ten years old. These games aren't super hard or complex - children can (and do) figure them out. It just so happens that if you stick a quest compass somewhere and make it easy for people to just go on auto-pilot and turn off their brains, that's exactly what they do and exactly what they become accustomed to.

Real-life studies seem to bear this out.

A few weeks back, I became interested in the effects GPS has surely had on society. I consulted the great Google, and was mainly expecting to find positive effects, but instead I found (not too surprisingly, in retrospect) that relying on GPS systems to navigate causes reduced spatial awareness and impacts the ability of the brain to map a person's environment.

In a very real sense, people who've grown up with GPS and yeah, even quest compasses in their vidya games are significantly less able to cope with navigating using their own brainpower.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
No fuck you, I rely entirely on GPS these days outside of my own city or interstate routes I'm familiar with.

Oh... oh God....

Well, who cares. :dealwithit: I came of age long before I ever had a GPS, so my brain's probably fine. I have a huge fetish for extremely complex level design in computer games, though.

Old One

Arcane
...relying on GPS systems to navigate causes reduced spatial awareness and impacts the ability of the brain to map a person's environment.
Just wait until all cars drive themselves. Sure, it will put and end to drunk driving and falling asleep at the wheel, and save many lives, but it's also going to remove the final barrier to people turning into vegetables. Driving is the last remaining thing most people do that requires them to pay attention or suffer immediate and potentially dire consequences. That first generation that grows up without ever having to drive a car is going to need machines to change their diapers until they're in their forties.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
The siege still happens because there's still an Aurelian Lord, Gaelius' nephew. Should be in the Maadoran end-slides.

Maybe there's a way to get Hamza on board that I missed, but I'm pretty sure he says outright that he's not interested the job if you ask him about it earlier, so it makes sense that although everyone else think he should be the guildmaster, he's not gonna give you a parade for murdering the people he worked with/for.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
If memory serves me right, he begin the dialogue by saying that “you have a lot of explaining to do”. You have an option to argue that he wasn’t happy himself with Darista, but he will dismiss this as a poor excuse to kill the guild master because old Hamza puts loyalty above all else. This is in accord with the fact that you can discuss the same subject with him in the guild and he will say something similar. You had it coming, it makes sense. I don’t remember about Varro dialogues, but if he keep mentioning Darista as the leader, that is a narrative slip that should be fixed. VD’s own words about this topic:

Instead of killing Hamza take him to the palace. However, if you killed Darista, Hamza will attack you on sight.

You can't build a neutral guild because you're a nobody (you aren't a guildmaster or a person of influence). You're a person who killed a well-liked guildmaster who brought prosperity to the guild. While some people may have disagreed with her policies and thought the old way was better, killing a guildmaster is a much bigger crime that can't go unanswered. At this point, Varro is your only chance to live long enough to regret what you did

Regarding the Siege, unless Serena was manipulated instructed by Lorenza, Sienna or Strabos to change plans, and I don’t see how they would benefit by changing plans, things will keep their natural course. But I agree that we should have at least a heads up about the siege in this scenario.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Probably not. I think his "answer" must be something he said earlier at the guild. It's more likely an oversight.

Bastion

Educated
What are the direct consequences of letting Cassius live, even though I know he is not eager to leave the city, and teaming up with master Feng?

Bastion

Educated
Thanks for the reply, Łuki.

As far as I know regardless of your actions there are no further interactions with Feng
How unfortunate. I will try siding with the trade guild maybe it will trigger a nice outcome.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
You lose word of honor if you betray Feng, by the way. You won't be able to do Aemolas quest on Teron before moving to Maadoran and some other quests in the game iirc.

Also, you get loremaster and some other social skills training from Cassius if you don't kill him. You get streetwise from Feng if you do your job I think.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
you can do aemolas before betraying feng.

Also its possible to get training from both Feng and Cassius. You need to intimidate Cassius into leaving town. Report to Feng and get training. After that go to Antidas and with mad social skills and resolving both antidas quests you can get Cassius training. Not sure if can be done by thief as they have serious reputation penalties. Although if thats possible then I guess meta character would be thief to get most trainings in the game(my betraying thief with 4 charisma unlocked achievment)

O_O You are the hero!
What if start as Lortemaster, then become a Thief? Does it impact reputatins, which is quite good for Loremaster?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom