Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

makiavelli747

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Village Idiot Shitposter
The real comparison is not between dagger + throwing vs dagger only
it is, just to keep it simple at first you need to compare daggers 6 vs daggers 4 + throwing 4.

makiavelli747

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Village Idiot Shitposter
Now this is crazy build! Killed all raiders in Teron after CS-ing leader, couldn't do it before with 4 constitution and pure melee/range. 192 attack rating from range and 181 melee. Killed Zamedi Demon, got +18 THC +25 crit +20 passive dagger from Glabrio's body and few not used bombs/liquid fire/speed potions, killed full-health Agathoth in few rounds, killed everybody!
992bb95ac04f.jpg

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
High perception builds are my favourite, being able to reliably land special attacks makes such a difference.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm eager to see the builds you come up with for the dungeon crawler (especially for solo runs).
Do you want to unofficially and totally confidentially whisper us something about the release date...?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Quite interesting discussion here, a little heated at first, but informative in the end. The best sort of discussion in my opinion.

Killed all raiders in Teron after CS-ing leader, couldn't do it before with 4 constitution and pure melee/range.
You mean you returned in Teron with endgame skills and killed those dirty raiders? If yes what so impressive in it?

Atchodas

Augur
Was wondering is there any way to kill meru as an assassin , if i betrayed the guild in maadoran ? I sided with lorenza , and by following Varro in Ganezzar i broke the aurelian siege , which was not something i intended to do , wondering if i reload earlier save could i maybe somehow assasinate Meru.
When i reach Ganezzar for first time thats the task i get from Lorenza/legatus/aurelians

Atchodas

Augur
So basically upon arriving to ganezzar i get a job to kill meru but working for him is the only option and i even dont get to backstab him at some point ? That would make no sense

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I've probably asked a similar question when I first played this glorious game (10 months ago? :negative:)

But; can anyone recommend a build to go through the game as an Assassin?

I remember trying nearly half a dozen times back in February but I always got merked by the Legion guys that burn down the Assassin crib.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I've probably asked a similar question when I first played this glorious game (10 months ago? :negative:)

I remember trying nearly half a dozen times back in February but I always got merked by the Legion guys that burn down the Assassin crib.

Become a critchance dagger rapist. Also wait a turn or two for them to close in, dont be a hero

valcik

Arcane
Go for action points - high dexterity, neurostims. Arm yourself up with bolas and nets, immobilize and kill lightly armored opponents at first, then get down the last one wielding tower shield. I'd suggest poisoned dagger as a weapon of choice, crossbows are too slow.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
crossbows are too slow.
If you stick with them long enough to get the Bolter, you become a homicidal god*. If you then also get power armor, you become a homicidal cyborg god-king-emperor of the universe** ***.

* requires good investment in crossbows/dodge/CS as usual
** the bolas required to hit Thoragoth repeatedly in the neck and killing him in 1-2 turns are sold separately
*** commemorative cape sold separately or can be pried from the corpses of your enemies

Atchodas

Augur

its probably a matter of how many skill points you get before AG finale in Teron ,on my 2nd playtrough i blasted them with 5/9/4/8/7/7 hybrid build because i knew where to gather skill points and was extremely overpowered for those fights , meanwhile on first playtrough it was rng struggle . Also Alchemy 4 helps a ton .

and this :
When you are sent to kill Commander in the inn ( right before the shit goes south for Boatman ) , if you choose to Impersonate a merchant you can then Critical Strike one of the guards thus , on next sequence when they attack your guild house there are only 3 guards vs you and two assassins instead of 4 guards , and if Colton survives this fight he will give you poison that does 9 damage per turn

Last edited:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

its probably a matter of how many skill points you get before AG finale in Teron ,on my 2nd playtrough i blasted them with 5/9/4/8/7/7 hybrid build because i knew where to gather skill points and was extremely overpowered for those fights , meanwhile on first playtrough it was rng struggle . Also Alchemy 4 helps a ton .

and this :
When you are sent to kill Commander in the inn ( right before the shit goes south for Boatman ) , if you choose to Impersonate a merchant you can then Critical Strike one of the guards thus , on next sequence when they attack your guild house there are only 3 guards vs you and two assassins instead of 4 guards , and if Colton survives this fight he will give you poison that does 9 damage per turn

I did not realise about the Impersonate path, thanks for mentioning.

It's really cool that this game can still surprise with its reactivity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom