Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

I was said that you can escape the pass while the ordu are assaulting it. Is that true?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Figuring out how to beat each fight with a 1/x or x/1 character (pure hybrid build) is much more impressive and you end up appreciating the game a lot more, since then you appreciate why some enemies don't wear helmets (i.e. you can then actually use tactics).

Agree, but for now it's not worth it. Also it's a game in itself. )
Also you mean bow or what by "not wearing a helmets"?

I usually use Leon to get into the fight with the bums and then use that fight to sneak into the Temple District past the gang that's there, then come back later to kill that gang. Now that's a good fight.

Hm, you can do that? Also, good fight for pure hybrid?

Parabalus

Arcane
Killing everything isn't really that impressive. Figuring out how to beat each fight with a 1/x or x/1 character (pure hybrid build) is much more impressive and you end up appreciating the game a lot more, since then you appreciate why some enemies don't wear helmets (i.e. you can then actually use tactics).

Do you really rack up a 100+ body count score with a 1/x (assuming that's weapon/defense) build? Only one I can imagine it is bow with sin->IG due to all training but it still seems like a huge chore.

I usually use Leon to get into the fight with the bums and then use that fight to sneak into the Temple District past the gang that's there, then come back later to kill that gang. Now that's a good fight.

Hm, you can do that? Also, good fight for pure hybrid?

Bit confused myself, I don't remember Leon ambush dumping you after Hermos and his pack, but the alley right before him? You skip Mili temporarily but not Hermos.

Jason Liang

Arcane
You get into the the fight with the bums, and run past the gang, heading towards the entrance to the Temple District, with the bums will chase you. When you finish the fight, you're now past the gang and can get the Temple waypoint for teleporting.

It only works for the gang guarding the Temple District, not the one guarding the Abyss entrance. That gang has a scripted trigger that you can't avoid even if you are already in combat. I've already tried (using the fight from the bomb explosion).

I was already at 60 and that's only doing 2/3 of Arena in Act II, in terms of bodycount I'm pretty sure 200+ is possible, as well as nearly all of the hard fights. 200+ has definitely been done, as per Dextera's character sheet. I'm pretty sure that once you have 8+ Dodge and cellular regeneration, there isn't any fight that you can't beat.

There are plenty of 3v1 and 4v1 fights in the game (even Bandit Camp is just 5v1 if you cs), but those gang fights are 6v1 or so, a good nasty brawl.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You get into the the fight with the bums, and run past the gang, heading towards the entrance to the Temple District, with the bums will chase you. When you finish the fight, you're now past the gang and can get the Temple waypoint for teleporting.

That's look like exploit. I hope Vince can clarify this.

It only works for the gang guarding the Temple District, not the one guarding the Abyss entrance. That gang has a scripted trigger that you can't avoid even if you are already in combat. I've already tried (using the fight from the bomb explosion).

With this ^^ maybe not exploit after all.

Well, you told that 9 Dodge is almost invincibility or something like that.
With 9 Dodge I can barely win the fight with Hermon.
Can't imagine how you can win this fight with 1 in attacking skill.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane

It's a nasty fight alright, tough even with 8 Dodge, but again you have to use tactics, with 9 Dodge you should be fine. Not sure why it would still be difficult with 9 Dodge, make sure you have the right armor as well (the Ordu or something blue steel). If you keep on trying out things, you'll figure out some tricks and legitimate exploits that make these fights a lot easier.

Not sure if using combat to bypass an encounter is intentional or not, but there are a few places where it's helpful. I know that Vince knows about the tactic though since we've mentioned it in discussions before.

Parabalus

Arcane

It's a nasty fight alright, tough even with 8 Dodge, but again you have to use tactics, with 9 Dodge you should be fine. Not sure why it would still be difficult with 9 Dodge, make sure you have the right armor as well (the Ordu or something blue steel). If you keep on trying out things, you'll figure out some tricks and legitimate exploits that make these fights a lot easier.

Not sure if using combat to bypass an encounter is intentional or not, but there are a few places where it's helpful. I know that Vince knows about the tactic though since we've mentioned it in discussions before.

Thanks for sharing the trick, e.g. as a thief I'd like to do Levir when I get into Madoraan, but being friendly with Hermos means you can't kill him later. Where else do you use this?

About Hermos fight, it's easy to do with no def skills if you run to Militades encounter house and stand next to doorway. Same prob with no off but would take longer.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Thanks for sharing the trick, e.g. as a thief I'd like to do Levir when I get into Madoraan, but being friendly with Hermos means you can't kill him later. Where else do you use this?

About Hermos fight, it's easy to do with no def skills if you run to Militades encounter house and stand next to doorway. Same prob with no off but would take longer.

I thought you knew about this one already! I remember VD mentioning a way to get to the Temple District and coming back to kill Hermon's gang later. I thought about it and figured it had to be using combat to run past the gang, and it worked and made the Leon encounter make sense.

The trick can also be used to get to some chests. There's a couple of chests in Maadoran that I've never figured out how to get to without using this trick. A couple of times I tried to use this didn't work, for instance using this to kill Carrinas didn't work since he isn't there after you speak with him, etc... There are a couple of places in Maadoran where staying in combat allows you to explore the interior of a building but I don't recall finding anything particularly practical by doing so. The other place to use this trick (or a similar trick, I don't remember too clearly now) is Hellgate to get to the treasure room safely.

The more commonly known variant (I guess) is to start combat and use Whirlwind to kill people you normally can't kill like Levar, etc...

Jason Liang

Arcane
Not sure why it would still be difficult with 9 Dodge, make sure you have the right armor as well (the Ordu or something blue steel).

Won from the first try, my point is that 9 dodge isn't invincibility, 3 HP left, in reinforced leather armor.
Well, that *is* one of the more difficult fights in Act 2 (not *the* most difficult, obviously, but maybe top 10? Or at worst 11-20). It's certainly more difficult than any of the Maadoran Arena fights, so congrats.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
No congrats, I just pump all unspend points in Dodge just for that fight, it doesn't really work because I think I need them for quests.

Also is there reason to avoid Miltiades there, except reputation drop with TG? I don't see any ambush because of that, like it was with another quest.

Jason Liang

Arcane
No congrats, I just pump all unspend points in Dodge just for that fight, it doesn't really work because I think I need them for quests.

Also is there reason to avoid Miltiades there, except reputation drop with TG? I don't see any ambush because of that, like it was with another quest.

Not really, but that's also a pretty hard fight (not as hard as the Hermon fight but harder than the thugs with the merchant) when you first get to Maadoran. If you are TG you can solve that fight diplomatically, but you miss out on the fight then.

Miltiades is a great friend if you like getting into fights.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Not that hard, because I won it from first try, then again one more time.
With scoped crossbow, barbed poisoned arrows and Snipe, crossbower - who is most dangerous here is dead when he start his turn. Same with thief with dagger if you lucky, or two turn at max, then 2 turn for last.
And I won even when second time crossbower survived and hit me with a bolt.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Sedate my OCD quickly - I still can't decide what better - 3 CSP from bum, or 2 FSP from Leon and +1 combat, that rise combat abilities by 1.
I know that it's not that exact combat, but their amount.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Playing as a assassin 5 / 9 / 4 / 8 / 10 / 4

Saw someowhere in the thread that i should raise CS to 6 asap because of Agatai training. Is this still valid and when can i get it?

ZagorTeNej

Arcane

Saw someowhere in the thread that i should raise CS to 6 asap because of Agatai training. Is this still valid and when can i get it?

It increases your CS rating instead of adding a point to your CS skill, it'll save you some SPs in the long run but it's hardly that crucial (especially when you build has 10 INT from what I see). 4 CS is fine for most of Teron.

IIRC he trains you when you reach a certain bodycount (20 something).

I may be alone, but I found that I enjoy this game only when I'm going a talking route.

When going hybrid it makes me so mad I can't even explain it, like if the whole modality was intended as a way of planning on how to do things more than how to get sheer enjoyment out of it.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
I may be alone, but I found that I enjoy this game only when I'm going a talking route.

When going hybrid it makes me so mad I can't even explain it, like if the whole modality was intended as a way of planning on how to do things more than how to get sheer enjoyment out of it.

Hybrid always struck me as an intended style of play in AoD after you have already beaten the game with either (or preferably both) as a combat build or a straight talker. So sure, some metagaming and planning is naturally involved but I also think the game does a good job of rewarding "light" hybrid builds as well. Like say an Imperial Guard with above average intelligence (say 6) and rudimentary social skills who's still very much a beast in combat.

AoD is not nearly as SP starved as it might seem on the first sight (not to mention that some skills like Lore also pay for themselves to a certain degree by providing bonus SPs) so it allows some room for experimentation. Add in very powerful and pretty affordable consumables that allow you to prevail in many a fight against a superior fighter or even a group of them and it's not like the game doesn't give you a number of options to tackle different challenges.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

It increases your CS rating instead of adding a point to your CS skill, it'll save you some SPs in the long run but it's hardly that crucial (especially when you build has 10 INT from what I see). 4 CS is fine for most of Teron.

IIRC he trains you when you reach a certain bodycount (20 something).

Shit I realized I did it all wrong. Let's replay!

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Hey, can you point at which moment you get Agatai traning, already forgot. :oops:

Started playing a bit with assassin today. I remembered wrongly, he trains you after Spies mission (1st one after intro mission).

However after I tested it, it seems he only raises my CS if it's lower than 4. If it's 4 I get combat SPs (not increased CS rating).

Don't know if it's a bug or not.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
So I am playing a hybrid build of 5 / 7 / 6 / 8 / 7 / 7 as a loremaster turned merchant and swore fealty to Antidas, but switched to Gaelius at the mine. Combat can be rough but it is so rewarding :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom