Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Empires 2 - The Conquerors - Voobly

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Remember this game? I know there is an HD remake and that it probably has active multiplayer servers, but there is also a client called Voobly, which you can use to play the original AOE 2: TC. There are lobbies for every type of game mode(Random Map, Deathmatch, Custom Scenario), there are thousands of active players, and there is an ELO rating system. The skill-level on Voobly is a lot higher than on other clients. They constantly make new patches to add new features and updates.

I've been playing in the Custom Scenario lobby for over 10 years. My nickname is CarbonCarousel. Feel to drop me a line and I can teach you the basics of most CS maps. All you have to do is register to the site, patch the game, have Age of Empires 2 and The Conquerors expansion installed, install Voobly, log on and play.

Feel free to pirate the game. I won't judge.

http://www.voobly.com -- Go here to download the client

https://www.voobly.com/pages/view/175/Game-Patches#Age_of_Empires_II_The_Conquerors_Expansion - Patches

MilesBeyond

Cipher
I'm a member of the Video Game Truther movement. I don't believe video games exist. I think they're part of a conspiracy by Big Electronics to justify higher prices on 3D graphics cards.

Tigranes

Arcane
Voobly's a bit annoying, and the HD is probably worth it if you want to play semiregularly. My friends get around a few times a year for it and the HD has served well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom