Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Wonders 3

• Thread starter Multi-headed Cow
  • Start date

Multi-headed Cow

:bounce::bounce: :bounce:ITZ COMING :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Sounds like some non-wizard playable factions. And a technology faction. If they can at least match Shadow Magic in quality (Doubtful since SM is the closest we ever got to an updated MoM) I'll be pleased.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
And I was reminded why I so rarely look at game trailers. It's the usual shit - only 0.2 seconds of what may be actual gameplay.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Dreadnought guy looks like an Ultramarine, Theocrat looks like Sister of Battle D:

I loved AoW 1, but the sequels never did much for me. Wil keep an eye on this.

EruDaan

Arcane
He, i like the wicked grin on the Archdruids face. :) Maybe these druids won't be tree hugging hippies? One can only hope. Regarding the game: give it more mage abilities than in the second game, more spells, more summons and many many distictive races.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Still apprehensive, but still it's hard to temper the excitement.
TS may have changed alot over the years so for now i'm neutral. I wonder if they are still able to make a good game or if they "sold out" like so many others.
Guess patience is in place.. and hope.

EruDaan

Arcane
Hope? Yes I know I used that word too but... I had hopes for TES: Oblivion. For Fallout 3. And for Diablo 3. :(

catfood

AGAIN
tumblr_lmx47xhcr31qfyumho1_400.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-06-overlord-dev-bringing-age-of-wonders-back-this-year

"Age of Wonders 3 has high production values and will be sold on Steam and Good old Games"

"In Age of Wonders 3, battles are turn-based. There's a simultaneous turn-based mechanic which means you don't wait to make moves and the battle is sped up as a result. You can auto-resolve - have the AI play out the battle for you - too.

Because battles aren't real-time, Triumph has been able to establish a play-by-email multiplayer mode"

Yay!!!!!
This sounds very promising. Let's just hope they have improved the AI.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Hope? Yes I know I used that word too but... I had hopes for TES: Oblivion. For Fallout 3. And for Diablo 3. :(
Ok Oblivion maybe I can understand. But Faggout 3 and Diablow 3? Really?

This. didn't want to bring it up, but yeah.
Besides Bethrashda built up a track record over the years.
TS not so much, besides Overlord. But that's comparing apples and oranges anyway.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Press Release said:
Triumph Studios Announces Age of Wonders III
The critically acclaimed fantasy series makes its long prophesied return, taking its strategy/RPG formula to the next level, powered by a new proprietary 3D engine.

DELFT, the Netherlands, February 6th 2013 – Triumph Studios, the team behind the successful Overlord and Age of Wonders series, today revealed Age of Wonders 3 for PC. The third Age of Wonders marks a modern reimagining of the series, where players join a clash of kings, queens and dark lords for the spoils of an ancient paradise. By introducing unique RPG-inspired classes and specializations, players are able to craft empires of their own design, developing unique strategies and play styles. The world-changing conflict plays out on sweeping landscapes, loaded with mythical locations waiting to be uncovered, conquered and exploited.

“In Age of Wonders 3, we extrapolate RPG style classes to be the leaders of fantasy empires.” says Lennart Sas, Development Director at Triumph. “For example: as a Goblin Theocrat you can build your own holy empire, recruit little goblin crusaders or cute winged goblin angels equipped with flaming weapons, and wage war on your heathen enemies. We want players to be able to choose between lots of different play styles, without being restricted by fantasy clichés, like All Goblins Are Evil.”

Arno van Wingerden, Triumph’s Tech Director says: ” the new engine truly reflects the choices players have made by affecting how their realm and units are represented It makes the gameplay on both the strategic and battle maps more immersive than ever, while retaining the gameplay and feel of the previous games.”

Key features include:

● Explore, expand and exploit a living fantasy world. Discover wondrous locations and gather legendary heroes.
● Develop your domain, with many classes having the ability to change terrain and climates to suit your needs.
● All new 3D graphics that provide a crisper and more detailed overview of the world and battle maps.
● New styles of play are possible with the introduction of RPG style leader classes like warlord, theocrat, rogue and sorcerer, along with a wide selection of specializations.
● Command a variety of races. Pick your starting race and shape your people’s destiny using your leader’s unique skills.
● A brand-new tactical battle system renders each battlefield and siege in great detail; new rules include flanking and a massive set of special unit abilities.
● An epic story campaign with two playable factions;. Choose the mighty Commonwealth Empire or join the Court of the High Elves, founded after the reunion of the Dark Elves and Wood Elves.
● Compete online in extensive multiplayer modes and scenarios.
● High replay value through random maps, difficulty modes and tools allowing user created content.

Age of Wonders 3® has not yet been rated and has an estimated late 2013 release date on PC. It will be published through digital distribution and brought to retail stores in selected territories.
For more information and regular updates please visit http://www.ageofwonders.com

About Triumph Studios: Founded in 1997, Triumph Studios B.V. is an independent video game and technology development company based in Delft, The Netherlands. Triumph Studios’ focuses on combining the team’s creativity with its proprietary multi-format Creator EngineTM to forge captivating and unique game experiences. As the original creators of the critically acclaimed Overlord® and Age of Wonders® series, Triumph Studios has a track record in creating games that are innovative, commercially successful, and which lead to demand for multiple sequels.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriumphStudios
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TriumphStudiosGames

Oh, so good thing can happen in 2013. :incline:

I especially liked the "evil" druid, and that smug, coffee drinking technologist, reminded me of Codex.

This is very good news. I'm yearning for a good fantasy strategy game, as all the new ones have failed to be better than mediocre. So I put my hopes in this. Seems like we'll have interesting factions at least. Reminded me a bit of Alpha Centauri factions. And anything that reminds me of AC can only be a good thing. :D

TripJack

Hedonist
3d graphics? :decline:

but o god, if there is a god out there, please don't let this be shit

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Now that I watched the trailer... doesnt it have a bit too few characters? Druid, technocrat, sorcerer, rogue, warlord, priest. 6? Hopefully they'll add more, or at least each one of those is unique enough.

Modron

Arcane
Being able to choose class, race, and faction is always appreciated. So far they have not said anything that screams derpitude besides the possibility of later tablet ports. I guess I will default to cautious optimism but I can't help wondering if they still have a lot of the same staff that worked on the other AoW games, development is a field with a high turn-over rate after all.

Borelli

Arcane
I hope those classes are for heroes and not for wizards, wizards are not supposed to have classes, they have customization instead.

EruDaan

Arcane
Ok Oblivion maybe I can understand. But Faggout 3 and Diablow 3? Really?
D3? Yes. For that I had my hopes pretty heigh up. Until 2009 that is. Everything releated to D3 that came after that date just sung :decline: and it became clear it'll suck ass. F3? Actually you're right. Bederpsta made it clear from the almost very beginning that F3 will be in 3D - instakill for the game. And I did not need to visit NoMutantsAllowed to get my confirmation about the turd-to-be that's also known as Fallout 3.

Oblivion was a special case - after it was announced I was in a Morrowind fever - I played the game from early morning into the deepest night. 6 days a week. No wonder I could'nt wait for Oblivion, no? Good thing my PC was utter shit then so that prevented me from Day 1 purchase. Thank god it did.

Buuut.... at last AoW3 looks promising. And I wonder - will we be able to "level up" our wizards? Who, after all, were nothing but sitting ducks in the other games (in combat that is)?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I hope those classes are for heroes and not for wizards, wizards are not supposed to have classes, they have customization instead.
Play AoW 1

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom