Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alien Shooter: Vengeance

Calis

Pensionado
http://www.sigma-team.net/alienshooter_2/

Anybody play this? It looks like Diablo with guns, pretty light on the RPG elements or tactics but with stats, goodies, and lots of aliens to shoot at. And it has multiplayer for the IRC crowd. Is it any good?

AZ

Liturgist
I played the first one to the end. Nice one, reminded me to Wizzard of Wor whit extra blood.

Mustawd

:necro:

Saw this game on my wishlist. Don't think I've ever heard of it outside this old ass thread. It's currently $5 on steam. Can anyone who's played comment on it? Is it worth the $5?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/33100/Alien_Shooter/

ss_3dec725bc22e7c59d1439cc4086078f87ada1e55.1920x1080.jpg

ss_fd3d4b7c2807ad51a838382529a4ad5bc919d2f3.1920x1080.jpg

ss_0b15dcac7ab7e8ffe4cb19afffcef307d9ea1f2c.1920x1080.jpg

ortucis

Prophet
Eh, I've played and finished both Alien Shooter games (sequel is better, with better visuals). Pretty fun.

I think they also created Zombie Shooter which used older engine for some reason. Didn't really like that much.

EDIT: Actually, I think Zombie Shooter 2 was better than the first ZS. Haven't played these games for years (played them before they were on Steam).

EDIT 2: I remember them working on 3D Alien Shooter a long time ago, a new engine probably. But all I can find from Sigma is this last game. No other game since 2012 (Alien Shooter 2: Conscription.. they really like those Aliens). Probably got rich off of Steam money and stopped working on games. :P

Last edited:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Alien Shooter 2 (not Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded) was the best. Bought it on DVD for $20, and one of the best games I played that year. Then came AS2: Reloaded which got streamlined the fuck out of. Couldn't get past AS1's first few stages; it put me to sleep. I finished Zombie Shooter 2 but it wasn't particularly memorable. Had the same issues as Reloaded, which was the streamlining of gameplay elements.

TL;DR all of the games in the series are shit since you can't get the original AS2 anymore

SilentMRG

Literate
Greetings to everyone!

To help people when buying:

GOG's Alien Shooter is out of date. The Steam version is the best, as it received bug fixes among other cool things.

Alien Shooter 2 from GOG and Steam are apparently the same version.

Zombie Shooter from GOG and Steam are also, apparently, the same version.

GOG's Zombie Shooter 2 is out of date. The Steam version received a full HD resolution update, and apparently some bug fixes here and there.

I can't say anything about the ZOOM Platform versions, because I didn't test them. And I also haven't tested the other games in the series, so I don't know if there are differences between Steam and ZOOM. If anyone has tested these versions, let us know about any differences.

Thank you and best regards!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom