Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter All Walls Must Fall, a "tech-noir tactics game" set in a 2089 Berlin where the Cold War never ended

Severian Silk

Did Mexico pay for this game?

Isaac Ashdown

inbetweengames
Developer
We've put up another imgur, this time going into lots of detail about how combat actually works in the game. SO NOW YOU KNOW!

BRJ2pj4.gif

Isaac Ashdown

inbetweengames
Developer
Honestly, it's very concerning that dont-think-too-hard-about-it Timeless is your point of reference here, even if its tongue in cheek.

I think earlier in this thread I discussed my lack of enthusiasm for the idea that everything has to make perfect sense.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Complain to upper management that put you under general gaming where barely anyone visits.

oscar

Arcane
Only shelling out for if I can play as KGB against decadent western rootless cosmopolitans.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Coming to Steam Early Access on August 8: http://steamcommunity.com/games/628290/announcements/detail/1441567597376621221

All Walls Must Fall coming to Steam Early Access August 8th with DRONE WARFARE!
26 JULY - INBETWEENGAMES

Today we're excited to announce that we're bringing All Walls Must Fall to Steam Early Access very soon, and we want to give a taste of what we've been working on recently - the DRONE WARFARE update, which is our second update for the game since we launched the Closed Alpha for Kickstarter backers a few months ago.

We'll be doing content updates every 3-6 weeks while in Early Access, and each one will expand the game by adding new features, as well as polishing existing systems. Here's what we've just added as part of Update 2, which will all be in the first Steam version:

New music track: Synaesthetic by Ben Prunty (FTL, Darkside Detective, Into the Breach)!Ben’s awesome, glitchy track is now in game! You can listen to it here[soundcloud.com].

3134f0dc72069e9a03225b3358397676547a6cc9.gif

New enemy type: Drones! Drones can be found patrolling the public areas of the club and street. They’re a melee-only enemy who can electrocute an enemy at short range. They’re also equipped with a weapon scanner, and will open fire on anyone they detect has a concealed weapon. If you find the control terminal for a drone, you can hack it to make the drone friendly to you. It will then join in combat against your enemies!

f022b7b78667a3d7e71b63a0be5e50fb2202c962.png

New mission type: Group Elimination! This mission has you seek out several targets within the club, and eliminate them using either force or persuasion. Careful though - if any get suspicious, they will all bolt for the exits.

fe39d8d8cf63f12b1978a61d3ad3eecf1af18333.png

New room type: Guard Quarters! This is where the guards hang out, both when on duty and not. As well as many new props, these also include a cluster of drone control terminals.

2ab7f24f63fd173ab317243b34951a54bc34f371.png

New mission chain: Underground Railroad! We’ve brought on an external writer, Alexander Swords, to help us out with some of the writing and narrative design for the game, and his first set of content is a set of 3, connected missions.

7f8826c6cdefaa37f3a8e693716e54e284c19020.png

Updated backrooms! We’ve added a whole new set of props to some of the backrooms!

All this will be coming to the first Steam Early Access build, and should give you an idea of the kind of content we'll be adding with each update during Early Access. We're looking forward to hearing everybody's feedback on our updates and incorporating your ideas into the game!

Thanks,
Isaac, Rafal, David and Almut,
inbetweengames

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Released: http://store.steampowered.com/app/628290/All_Walls_Must_Fall/

http://steamcommunity.com/games/628290/announcements/detail/1441568318519247948

All Walls Must Fall now in Early Access with a 10% launch discount!
8 AUGUST - EYES

After nearly two years in development, today we launch on Steam Early Access! Welcome to all our new players - we hope you enjoy exploring the dancefloors of Berlin 2089!

459a844f9a91b165e90c78509539ececa095e076.gif

Remember - we’re still in development, and the game’s still in an Alpha stage, meaning it’s far from being feature-complete, and there are still bugs in the build. Please report any issues you find on the bug reports forum.

Once the dust settles on our Steam launch we’ll be back at work on the next Alpha update, which will drop some time in September. We’re not sure exactly what will be in that one - so do send us your feedback, either on the Discussions board, or using the Give Feedback buttons in-game (which will wind up on this stomt page[www.stomt.com]).

You can find the patch notes for the current build on this post. We'll be keeping that updated as we release new versions.

We hope everyone who gets access today has a blast! We’re really excited to hear how you all get on - let us know what you like best about the game, as well as what you think still needs work!

Thanks,
Isaac, David, Rafal and Almut,
Inbetweengames

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Priced quite cheap - still will wait for a few more diverse voices before I give my money to liberals.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://www.pcgamer.com/all-walls-mu...ased-firefights-show-promise-in-early-access/

All Walls Must Fall's speedy hybrid turn-based firefights show promise in Early Access
Inbetweengames' moody, futuristic Cold War shooter is one to watch.

All Walls Must Fall is a third-person tactical shooter based in an alternate timeline in which the Cold War never ended. It is set in the East Berlin gay club scene hours before an explosion triggers a nuclear holocaust. On the pulsating dance floors of procedurally generated establishments, mysterious organisations send time travelling agents to interrogate and assassinate key players in Berlin's final hours. You are one of these agents: a burly gent with a mechanical arm called Kai.

Kai is very confused about the whole thing. Who can blame him? Half the people he meets seem to recognise him, even though he has no memory of them. Some of them pass on messages from future Kai. The precise rules of time travel in All Walls Must Fall are deliberately vague. You have to pick your way through an unfocused arrangement of relationships and piece together the timeline in a moody, dreamlike take on futuristic Berliner nightlife ("everyone knows the best nightlife in Berlin is in the queer scene" says programmer Isaac Ashdown). The clubs are rendered in 3D and the clubbers are 2D cutouts that slide around dance floors. Kai is locked to the gridded floor plans, which you traverse beat-by-beat in sync with the thumping club soundtrack. Missions have you assassinating targets, disarming bombs under DJ booths, or questioning staff for intel on enemy agents.

Missions tend to end with a firefight in my experience, but there is a basic conversation system that you can use to avoid conflict. Ultimately the developers want almost all missions to have a non-lethal solution. You click on key NPCs to start a chat, then use your conversation choices to affect the NPC's fear, respect and flirtation bars. Max one of these out over the course of a few replies and they might let you into the club for free, or at least decide not to shoot you dead on the spot.

Like much of the game in its current state, the conversation system has a stripped-down Early Access feel that doesn't stand up well to the game's repetitive structure. All Walls Must Fall intends that you repeat missions, and if you die you have to start again and move through the same chats. There are some nice touches, though. Casual references to off-planet conflicts create a sense of a wider universe beyond the clubs' ubiquitous green-grey walls.

When the flirting goes bad, the bouncers get mad. The game goes into combat mode when guns are drawn. In this state enemies only move when you take an action—by moving to an adjacent square, shooting or reloading. At this point the game starts to feel like a very pacey solo XCOM. To avoid taking a bullet you can park yourself behind medium or heavy cover, represented by XCOM-esque shield icons. You shoot back with a snap shot (left-click) that stuns, or an aimed shot (right-click) that does extra damage. Mercifully, the game tells you when Kai is about to take a hit, which gives you a chance to sidestep or use one of Kai's time travel skills to rewind, or teleport back to an earlier location.

Killing enemies and discovering new rooms put extra points into the power bar that fuels your time travel abilities. It's a second health bar, functionally. Kai can only take three hits before he dies, but the ability to undo actions keeps him out of fire.

Combat shows potential at this early stage, even though it is too insubstantial to support the repetition the game's structure demands. If you put a doorway between you and the bouncers, you can gun them all down fairly safely (cover sometimes breaks) and they have no way to make you move—I killed a dozen guys in one fight doing this and only took a shot on the way into cover. It's a nice, fast take on turn-based combat, though, and ought to benefit hugely from the addition of new weapons and powers for both Kai and his enemies.

The game is a little too rough to recommend at the moment, but substantial updates are planned before launch with regular drops every four-to-six weeks. New enemies, missions, rooms, environments and all of West Berlin are due before launch, which will be in "at least 6-12 months" time. All Walls Must Fall is out now on Steam Early Access.

Delterius

Arcane
I don't know. Sometimes less is more. When Age of Empires 3 had the Knights Templar, Jack Sparrow and the Ottoman Turks fight off the Spanish in Florida, who were then aided by the Incans in protecting Florida from the Illuminatti while the Americans and Cubans fought the Russians off the coast of Havana, they didn't even have to say time travel was involved and the writing was great for it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-11-all-walls-must-fall-is-always-running-out-of-time

All Walls Must Fall is always running out of time
XBOMB.

jpg

The nuke is always less than 10 hours away. The debut release from ex-Yager studio inbetweengames, All Walls Must Fall transforms the concept behind the Doomsday Clockinto a grid-based tactical action experience with procedurally generated missions and a focus on time travel - a techno medley of Syndicate, XCOM and Crypt of the Necrodancer. It unfolds in 2089, following an alternate 1980s in which Germany's Peaceful Revolution never occurred and the East and West remain violently polarised. Somebody, somewhere in Berlin is about to set off an atomic bomb, and your task, as one of several cyborg agents, is to comb nightclubs for clues about the culprit while undertaking various missions, using a combination of persuasion, hacking, brutality and good old-fashioned temporal manipulation to work your way into the city's criminal underground.

jpg

I've never really enjoyed clubbing, so as far as I'm concerned gunning down the coat checkers is a pleasant reprieve.

One of the game's early masterstrokes is to invest that countdown to apocalypse with the urgency of a pulsing bassline. Every move your agent makes - kicking a door down, wooing a guard in conversation, firing a pistol - is synched to the level's background track, part of a steady onward beat towards the triggering of the bomb. If the apocalypse is always imminent, however, it never quite arrives: die or fail and your mysterious radio contact will simply reset the clock. The idea of starting a campaign over isn't, of course, all that exotic in itself, but it's characterised here by a grinding despair. I'm still working out how far this aspect of the writing goes, but your agent appears to retain some memory of previous attempts each time you restart. You might recognise a bouncer at an entrance, a bouncer you've sweet-talked, evaded and/or slaughtered a dozen times over. You might beg the man to attack you rather than lulling his suspicions, weary of the whole charade.

The horror of All Walls Must Fall isn't, in other words, that of seeing the world end, but of striving perpetually to avert it - of living forever in the shadow of the bomb. One inspiration is Francis Fukuyama's essay "The End of History?", written the year the Berlin Wall fell, which is quoted during the intro - in brief, he argues that Western liberal democracy represents the final form of human civilisation, inaugurating a strange afterlife in which time has effectively ceased, because the concept of history as an on-going story no longer has meaning. It's a sentiment captured by All Walls Must Fall's oppressive aesthetic, busy with milling bodies yet strangely, profoundly dead. The palette is electric, gloomy, exhausting - flaring orange projectiles, starkly lit brutalist lobby sculptures, a HUD painted vector-monitor green. Clubbers shiver ethereally in the light cast by a DJ's display, coalescing and flowing into the shadows like shoals of deep sea fish.

If the game's ambience and core concepts are arresting, its small-scale gunfights and infiltration variables have yet to grab me. Besides running for cover, hacking things like drones and choosing between shots that do more damage and shots that stun targets, you can deploy a brace of 4D powers to rewind one action, freeze everybody in place for a few turns, and freeze yourself in place while rewinding everybody else (e.g. to return a security checkpoint goon to an unaware state after setting off the metal detector), amongst other feats. There are some intriguing possibilities here but with only one character to control, I'm doubtful that All Walls Must Fall will reach the same fiendish heights of tactical ingenuity as XCOM or Syndicate. Still, I'm basing that on a mere couple of hours with the recently launched Early Access build, and the game's procedural mission design has already thrown up some unusual setups. At one point I propositioned a dancer in the toilets to gain access to a person of interest. Syndicate never let you do that, did it?

jpg

You can get through dialogue using graphs of the other character's emotional reactions, but it's more fun to just work with the script, which appears to be partly randomised.

All Walls Must Fall has timed its arrival on Steam Early Access rather nicely. Earlier this week, Donald Trump (also quoted during one of the game's intro segments) threatened to rain "fire and fury" on North Korea over its ICBM programme, jolting the topic of nuclear Armageddon back to page 1. It's a reminder that while the Cold War may have formally "ended", those weapons of mass destruction continue to exist, as do the ideologies that created them. We are still living in the shadow of the bomb. Though set in the distant future, All Walls Must Fall is one among many attempts to make sense of this predicament, to negotiate the tensions of our era while we still can.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was reading that review and thinking that it was a fairly politically objective person, who was referring to the political notions represented withing the game itself. Ya'know like a real journalist or something.

Then he had to fucking actually bring up Trump at the end.

The left make it impossible to like them

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know. Sometimes less is more. When Age of Empires 3 had the Knights Templar, Jack Sparrow and the Ottoman Turks fight off the Spanish in Florida, who were then aided by the Incans in protecting Florida from the Illuminatti while the Americans and Cubans fought the Russians off the coast of Havana, they didn't even have to say time travel was involved and the writing was great for it.
Man I loved the AoE3 campaign(s).

All of that genuine, unrestricted cheesiness was just great. They just don't make them like that any more.
:negative:

AWMF was wishlisted already. No proper Berliner could resist.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Let me guess: the wall comes down and muh liberal diversity triumphs over cold austere Marxism and exploitative capitalism.
You bring back Stalin to life as a cyborg, and unleash him against the pinkos who have hijacked the Soviet Union, ushering in a tankie revival.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As opposed tho what? The codex who manages to make every thread eventually turn into a discussion about race, trannies and sjws?
No we turn every thread into a Pillars of Eternity discussion. Except maybe thi- oh shit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Now with RPG elements: http://steamcommunity.com/games/628290/announcements/detail/1450583114889819326

Alpha 4: RPG ELEMENTS now available!
26 OCTOBER - EYES

f92e22bc295bfe076fa4253a493cee5febf35c2e.gif

Today we’re launching the fourth update for All Walls Must Fall: RPG ELEMENTS! The focus for this name has been on adding progression and variety to your playthroughs by achievements and having more choices in the shop, with items that support different playstyles.

Will you focus more on improving your emotional manipulation to talk your way through, go in guns blazing and take as many enemies down as you can, or upgrade your time abilities and manipulate the timeline enough to make everybody’s head spin? Note that for the first time, a zero-casualty playthrough is now possible! Although it might take some time travelling to get there..

We’ve also improved the combat experience by adding more variety to the enemy types, as well as improving their AI behaviours and pathfinding. And for the completionists out there, we’ve added support for Steam Achievements and Trading Cards! For the full patch notes, click here.

My Pheromones are Augmented
The shop has been augmented with a new AUGMENTATIONS category, where you can unlock and improve passive abilities for Kai, your character.

V3aKON0.gif

New feature: Weapon and Ability Upgrades
All weapons can now be upgraded up to 3 times, with each tier improving stats like damage, firing speed, and clip size. Time abilities can also be upgraded, to reduce their resource cost. Fully upgraded time abilities can unlock new strategies that involve using them for long durations!

Dp4YOSR.gif

Enemies with different weapon types
Enemies now also get four types of weapons: Pistol, SMG, Rifle or Shotgun.

HonOjLf.gif

Improved AI behaviours
AI can now crouch behind cover, and will often seek cover out instead of just running towards the player. Also, two AIs can no longer be in the same tile, and can handle walking around each other.

GQI4KKt.gif

New Drop Rewards and Combos
We’ve added more rewards to awesome moves during the Drop, as well as a combo counter that feeds a multiplier for the total Drop Reward. The counter resets whenever you take damage.

2DiOr6m.gif

New club room variations
We’ve added a number of new variations to some of the club rooms, including huge holes in the ground!

zVzVoqa.gif

NPC Names
We’ve added names to the Enemies, Bartenders, Bouncers, Clubbers and DJs - including names from Kickstarter Backers!

mffANEe.gif

Steam Achievements
We’ve added 135 Steam Achievements! Happy achievement hunting!

5ZguSck.gif

Steam Trading cards
The game now drops Steam Trading cards!

9ro4FiS.gif

Let us know what you think of the new features in the forums, or by using the GIVE FEEDBACK buttons in game (which now includes the option of sending a screenshot with your feedback!)

Thanks,
inbetweengames

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/11/11/all-walls-must-fall-nightclub-tactical-game/

All Walls Must Fall adds RPG elements to its time-bending gunfights

Inbetween Games bill their All Walls Must Fall as a “Tech-noir tactics game”. While not untrue, it feels like a coy evasion. Yes, it’s a dark sci-fi game set in an alternate future where the cold war never ended and the Berlin wall still stands. There are cyborg upgrades, and a grim neon-on-concrete aesthetic. True, there is time travel. There are even turn-based gunfights against swarms of human and robotic enemies, and now a greater focus on RPG-style progression mechanics, thanks to a recent major early access update.

But I can’t think of any other cyberpunk games set almost exclusively in German gay nightclubs, a facet of the game that has gone largely unmentioned until the most recent trailer, seen after the jump.

Hairy, bear-y time-travelling agent Kai fits right in with the setting. Thanks to a conversation system not entirely unlike Deus Ex: Human Revolution, stealth takes on a more social aspect than most games. You can sneak past some guards, but others you’ll have to bluff past, intimidate or just straight-up flirt with. Remember, if anyone grills you about the robot arm, just ask if they’ve ever seen ‘Iron Fister XII’ with a wry wink. Plus, if that doesn’t work out, you can always just roll back time and try another angle.

Rugged, manly charms will only get you so far, though, and when a fight breaks out, the game transforms into a bizarre hybrid of XCom and Crypt of the Necrodancer. You and your enemies dart between clearly defined cover, but there are no dice rolls; Kai is a very good shot, and the emphasis is on pinning targets with rapid fire while using slower, deadlier aimed shots to put them down. Enemy bullets travel slower than yours, taking several turns to reach their mark, allowing you to dodge and weave between gunfire, but taking a single hit is costly. Inaction carries a price as well, as you only have a few seconds to plan and commit to each move, or suffer a resource penalty.

The best part of any gunfight is after the final shot is fired and no more hostiles remain in your line of sight. Once satisfied with the outcome, you hit a button to drop the beat. Time rewinds to the beginning of the encounter, and replays the entire combat sequence for you in real-time, every shot and move synced to the pulsing electro music. Ideally, you want every fight to play out perfectly, and so long as you have some Time saved up (a resource generated by exploring the map and winning fights, and expended through movement and special actions), you can rewind the clock, undoing damage done.

Between missions, you spend your mission completion bounty – speed, efficiency and other factors affecting it – on weapons, cybernetic upgrades or healing, if you took damage during the previous run. Then it’s off to the map to pick another procedurally generated mission to undertake, the difficulty escalating through the course of the (currently) ~2 hour campaign – although the full game will likely be somewhat longer and have more moving parts, a shorter-form campaign does lend itself well to the roguelike elements at play here.

All Walls Must Fall is a refreshingly strange game. There are familiar elements here; the cover system from XCOM, Deus Ex’s conversations, and maybe even a dash of Crypt of the NecroDancer, but all combined, it stands out as something new. Maybe Klei’s Invisible Inc. would be the closest point of reference, but this is a much faster, more aggressively paced game, and an interestingly compelling one even in its current, partially complete form.

All Walls Must Fall is available now via Steam Early Access and is half-price, down to £5.49/€7.49/$7.49, until Monday, November 13th.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

http://steamcommunity.com/games/628290/announcements/detail/1459592783025398545

Alpha 5: DAILY CHALLENGES now available!
22 NOVEMBER, 2017 - EYES

Today we’re launching ALPHA 5 of All Walls Must Fall: DAILY CHALLENGES! As well as the headline feature, this update has mostly been focussed on polishing and balancing a few things about the game. For the full patch notes, click here.

A CHALLENGE A DAY…

Cf2KIan.png

The biggest new feature this time is a brand new game mode: Daily Challenges! Every day, we generate a new mission, the same for everybody across the world. It’s taken from our pool of regular campaign missions, but with a randomly generated loadout and difficulty level. You can only attempt it once, but if you succeed your score and time will be added to the day’s leaderboards - with an achievement for being in the top 10% on any day!

The inbetweengames team will be competing alongside you all as often as we can! Follow the inbetweengames twitch account[www.twitch.tv] to be notified when we stream our attempts!

ANIMATIONS AND SOUND
58UYZCe.gif

As part of the ongoing animation push, we’ve added new player animations for shooting and dashing, as well as improved the walk cycle and added poses for being in cover. There are also new sound effects for enemy weapons, as well as tweaks to the player weapon sounds, and extra sounds for UI feedback.

CAMPAIGN TWEAKS

jbVLx54.gif

The campaign has had some small adjustments for this update also, as we’ve heard from some of you that with the RPG elements update, the player could get a bit overpowered and make the campaign too easy in some situations. While things are still far from final, we’ve tweaked the health pool of enemies a bit, as well as their spawning patterns. There’s also a new Nemesis enemy type, though that’s very much still a work in progress - we want to add specific abilities for some of the enemies, which will hopefully come in a future update.

We’ve also adjusted the way missions unlock during the campaign. To make the initial experience a bit more consistent, now the first three missions of the campaign will be linked together, and the campaign map will only be unlocked after those three are completed.

WAIT, WHAT? WHO GAVE YOU ACCESS?

I3zPcsb.gif

Thanks for everyone who’s been giving us feedback about dialogues! We’ve added more variety to some of the backroom dialogues to make them a bit less predictable and hopefully more understandable.

#ActuallyFree: THE MAMMOTH: A CAVE PAINTING ON STEAM

8sZpQSj.gif

Have you played The Mammoth, our first project as inbetweengames? We made it back in 2015 as part of the Ludum Dare game jam, and it went so well we decided to go indie and make All Walls Must Fall as a result! Well, today we’ve released the game, for free, on Steam, and now with controller support and additional languages!

LEAVE A REVIEW!
Thanks again to everybody who’s helped test the game and sent us feedback over the last few months, including all the new players that got the game during the Mauerfall sale recently, and all the streamers and Let’s Players. If you’ve been enjoying the game, please leave a review on Steam!

Thanks,
inbetweengames

http://steamcommunity.com/games/628290/announcements/detail/1600332806159459931

Alpha 6: NICE & NAUGHTY now available!
22 DECEMBER, 2017 - EYES

vzYsBa0.gif

Ho ho ho! Have we been naughty? Have we been nice? How about a bit of both!

New Enemy Abilities
The three new enemies we recently introduced now have their own set of naughty abilities! We think this adds a lot more variety to the tactical combat, especially in the later missions where you may find strategies you used early in the campaign need a rethink as a result.

The Phantom
where do they go?
FytzL5t.gif

When a Phantom takes damage, they will vanish in a puff of smoke. Until they re-appear, they won’t be targettable or able to take damage.

The Spectre
gotta glitch fast!
CBhtM0U.gif

Spectres sprint around chasing their prey, but when they get impatient of all that running have the ability to teleport closer to where they want to go. They will also teleport away when they take damage. Whenever they do this, Kai gets a strange tingling feeling - it’s like they’ve rewound him. Very unsettling.

The Nemesis
he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
f3j4C9s.gif

The Nemesis has a single focus: you. He will walk through walls to get to you. He cannot be stunned. He cannot take cover. And he cannot be manipulated - at least, not with any of your time manipulation abilities.

Enemy Patrols
KKb5ODU.gif

Some human enemies will now patrol, both inside and outside of the club. They also display the tiles on which they will be alerted to the player.

Nice, New (and upgraded) Weapons and Augmentations
The Persuador
when you just don’t have time to chat
WLoAdb4.gif

A new weapon that you can take on missions, the Persuador is a short-range spray of something very, very nice. So nice, in fact, that humans will be very enamoured by you if you spray it in their faces. They’ll fight alongside you for the duration of the mission, as well as help you out if they’re guarding a door, for example. But use carefully: it can’t be reloaded, so make every spray count. Upgrades provide additional uses.

Precharger Augmentation
pre-loading before a party can be wise
BGO41Q4.gif

A new augmentation, the Precharger increases the amount of Time Resource you begin each mission with

Cyber Fist
the bigger the hole, the better
t6S9LCG.gif

The upgraded Cyber Fist now causes cascading damage when used on walls. At Mk3, five tiles of wall will be destroyed with one smash!

Courtyards
K36YBim.png

Clubs now have a new room type, the Courtyard, which is an area that is actually outside. These change the footprint of the building to make for more interesting layouts, and can also be in front of the front or back entrance. Note this features is still a work in progress - we hope to add more variety to both the courtyards themselves and club layouts in a future update!

Hacking Time Resource
Y92QwsR.gif

To make hacking more of a meaningful decision, the Time Resource cost of hacking objects in the game now reduces your maximum Time Resource for that mission.

Collectible IDs
wkVgJPV.gif

Thanks to our Kickstarter backers, we’ve added collectible IDs into the game! These can be find in a variety of locations, and feature the good people who made it all possible. You can view your collection from the main menu: collect them all for an Achievement!

Kickstarter Backer Rewards
For our Kickstarter backers, we’ve started including your in-game rewards, and sending out your digital IDs! For more information, see the Kickstarter update

We’ve also made a number of tuning tweaks and balance changes - see the full change notes here for details.

The next update will be coming in January! In the meantime, have a great New Years - and if you go to any seedy nightclubs, play safe!

inbetweengames

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Coming February 23rd: http://steamcommunity.com/games/628290/announcements/detail/1672393571629465187

Update 7: BETA & RELEASE DATE!
26 JANUARY - EYES

Today we’ve hit a new milestone for the game: our BETA build! That means the game is feature-complete, and we can also announce the date when we plan on launching Version 1.0 of All Walls Must Fall: Friday Febuary 23rd.

We want to get as much feedback as we can from as many players as possible during the Beta, so the game is now 50% off on both steam and itch.io, for two weeks!

We’ve added quite a lot for this update, focussing on getting a state where we can really work on polishing the game before it’s finished. For the next month, we’ll be fixing as many bugs as we can and improving performance, as well as making balancing changes, putting in final art, and finishing off the in-game backer rewards. But we’ve made a lot of changes since Update 6, so let’s dive into those!

Narrative and story
4l30FUu.gif

The primary focus for the month has been finishing Kai’s story in East Berlin. All missions in the game are now part of narrative “arcs”, each consisting of 3 missions. These are self-contained vignettes which tell their own story, and connect in some way to the TV tower bombing that sets the scene at the beginning of the campaign. A campaign now consists of 4 of these arcs, and after each one the Narrator will take away Kai to the Glienicke Brücke for a little debriefing.

Celebrity Portraits, NPCs and Collectibles
pjJY5eh.gif

Our wonderful Celebrity backers provided us with images to turn into portraits, and those are now in-game! Each club has a celebrity NPC who will introduce themselves and welcome you to the club and the party happening there. You’ll also find these portraits on other NPCs that you can talk to, as well as on Celebrity collectible IDs. We’re really happy with how these have turned out, and want to thank our backers for both their support and their inspirational images!

New Mission: Identify Target
kRPK0Lm.gif

One of the new arcs contains a new mission type: Identify Target. Without giving too much away, let’s just say you might think you’re seeing double.

Campaign Leaderboards
9e8j3Hy.png

Completing a campaign will give you a score that’s posted on a global leaderboard! There’s a separate board for both violent and non-violent playthroughs - see if you can beat David’s score!

Neon club names
knf8uRK.gif

We’ve added a few new fonts to display the club names, in glowing neon!

New club sizes and layouts
IQSW4vm.gif

We’ve setup the clubs to have a much bigger variety of sizes, with clubs getting larger and harder towards the end of the campaign. As well as that, we’ve improved the courtyard system to place courtyards in a bigger variety of sizes, shapes, and locations, to create much more interesting interior layouts. We’ve also made a few other small tweaks to ensure a better distribution of room sizes, as well as making sure the front and back entrances aren’t too close together.

New room type: Storage Hallways
eTaNFhT.gif

This new type of hallway can be found in the private areas of a club. They can make for some pretty exciting firefights and chases!

Enemies and Weapon Scanners
3SLn9yl.gif

Harder clubs will now contain patrolling enemies from the beginning of a mission, and you’ll also find Weapon Scanners throughout the club. These might not immediately alarm enemies when triggered, but they will create noise and any enemy that happens to come past will be alerted. We’ve also tweaked the composition of enemies a little to add a bit more variety - instead of randomly distributed enemies, you might find groups all carrying the same weapon, for example. Scope out your targets and plan your approach before opening fire for a better tactical outcome!

Drinks from Bartenders
ZeKm78U.gif

When talking to Bartenders, they will offer you a drink! These drink names and ingredients were provided by our Backers. More work on the party backer rewards still to be done!

Identify Target escape vehicles
rbUlIE7.gif

In the Identify Target mission, the targets can escape by getting to a particular spot outside the club. Those spots were previously invisible, which could be confusing. Now they’re marked with these menacing vehicles. We know it can still be a bit hard to keep track of which targets have escaped, and if you’ve failed the mission as a result - this is something we aim to tackle in the next update (for other missions too!)

Exfiltration during combat now has a Drop
If you manage to get Kai to the Turbo Trabbi and Exfiltrate during combat, previously the mission would just end immediately. This could be a bit frustrating as you’d miss out on the Time Resource that you would receive during the Drop, which would affect your mission score and thus credits you’d receive. Now, the combat will automatically be Dropped, giving you full satisfaction.

Nudity and Profanity filter
MwqSNHq.gif

We’ve added a new option in the Advanced settings to allow you to select censorship for Nudity and Profanity. Unnecessary censorship of nudity might actually wind up spicing things up even more, so beware! █

A few small bug fixes and balancing changes
You can see the full release notes here for the list of minor changes. As the focus for this month has been getting feature-complete though, we haven’t spent too much time on this. Expect the list for version 1.0 to be much, much longer!

We’d like to thank everybody who’s supported us during the Kickstarter, Closed Alpha and Early Access. It’s our first time developing a game like this, and we’ve learnt a lot along the way. We really couldn’t have got this far without you all, and the feedback we’ve received along the way has been absolutely invaluable. Keep that coming this month! We have a big backlog of bugs internally that we will be tackling, but if you have any major offenders, let us know - on the forums, on twitter, or by using the feedback button in-game.

Thanks,
inbetweengames.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Whaaat? Release 23 of February?? How did that happen all of a sudden?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom