Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Alone in the Dark: Illumination

Angthoron

Arcane
Goddamn it Atari. You had one fucking job with multiplayer and you blew it.

This was so fucking obvious. It's in the name! One player is alone. The other player is Darkness. Romance happens via QTEs and suspense, and then Alone is in the Darkness after an extended foreplay and social commentary about gender roles.

How fucking hard was this?

DeepOcean

Arcane
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/01/a...perative-multiplayer-teaser-trailer-released/

Built with Unreal Engine 4, Alone in the Dark: Illumination will feature a cooperative multiplayer mode, as well as four different character classes in the form of the Hunter, Witch, Engineer and Priest. Presumably the coop mode will support up to four players, tasked with purging a town of a supernatural force known as The Darkness.

Alone in the fucking dark indeed :dead:
There is a darkness corrupting the town... a completely unknown force, a darkness, a terrible darkness called... The Darkness. You with another three losers that are going to be too occupied making jokes and bunnyhopping like retards to pay attention to the mood are going to fight... zombies... no, not regular zombies... but The Darkness zombies. Embark on a journey on our shovelware made with the budget of Gaben's kitchen supplies, the only thing you will know is that there will be alot of zombies to shoot... something you ever did before. Alone the Dark: illumination, made with love for the fans of the franchise. Don't forget to pre-order and get an exclusive bonus... a lot of shame for being a fool for buying this shit.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Built with Unreal Engine 4, Alone in the Dark: Illumination will feature a cooperative multiplayer mode, as well as four different character classes in the form of the Hunter, Witch, Engineer and Priest. Presumably the coop mode will support up to four players, tasked with purging a town of a supernatural force known as The Darkness.

Alone in the fucking dark indeed :dead:

dqsf14vkto.jpg

qfq21iky6.jpg

The retardation is strong in this one. I think I can hear Lovecraft spinning in his grave again.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Alone,
4 players Cc-op ?!?
WTF Atari.

Last 2 games were horrible, this franchise should remain dead and buried...

Edit :Also that Darkness thing stinks like Alan Wake....

A user named cat

Last 2 games were horrible, this franchise should remain dead and buried...
Whoa there. While the last one was a piece of shit, New Nightmare was a damn decent RE clone. Never did finish it but I recall liking it well enough.

Alone 2 was mostly a turd, don't remember much from the third which means it probably sucked too. First one was the best though, no doubt about it. I recently played the 3DO version and it was still just as intense. Those clunky controls, gotta love them.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
don't remember much from the third which means it probably sucked too.

Naw, AitD3 was good.

As for 2, well, each time I think about it, I recall taxalot's definition and have to laff out loud.

I like to view Alone in the Dark 2 as a survival horror from the point of view of the "bad guys". Story is after all : some guys throw a party in a house, a crazy detective dresses up as Santa Claus and kills them one by one with a frying pan.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
New Nightmare was good (maybe the best) I recall there were two more AitD games after that, maybe thats where Im wrong. But it was a horrible port on the PC and had some pain in the ass flaws...

Dat AitD 2 definition.:salute: I liked the third game too, though I'm a hopeless wild west fan.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Wow, that looks generic as hell. And why are the characters so stiff ?

Because Atari is actually under bankruptcy protection chapter. This game is one desperate attempt to get out of that hell hole.

Nael

Arcane
The Thing cannot be described there is no language for such abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy, such eldritch contradictions of all matter, force, and cosmic order.

And I mean that in a bad way.

Psquit

Arcane
Featured-Alone-in-the-Dark-Illumination.jpg

• Four Unique Heroes: The Hunter, the Witch, the Priest and the Engineer each offer unique gameplay experiences with distinctive weapons, skills and powers.
  • Play as a Team or Alone in the Dark: Play with all four characters in co-operative multiplayer modes, orbuild smaller teams for a greater challenge. The greatest achievement is to triumph Alone.
  • Diverse Environments: Four “campaigns” with multiple levels take players through the blasted landscapeof Lorwich and deep below to unearth the mysteries of this forsaken township.
  • Lovecraftian Horror: Beings from beyond madness, including Hell Hounds, Ghouls and Demons.
  • Dynamic Environments: Interact with a dynamic environment to change the structure of the map and
  • advance your quest.
  • The Power of Illumination: Light up maps to create safe zones, and damage your foes. Achievements and Bonuses: Track your progress and stats with Steam Achievements and Trading Cards.
  • Unreal Engine 4: Unprecedented Visual Fidelity using Unreal Engine 4, delivers powerful visuals withinthe game’s environments.

A fucking cash grab. Game made by Pure FPS.

Avoid this shitty 30$ Left 4 Dead wanna be.

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
how is this a remake of the original?

the original was set in a villa, kinda like the first resident evil. you played solo either as a man or a woman, and it was set in like the 1920s or something so they had modest and stylish clothing.

Inspired by the “Father of the Survival Horror Genre” classic from Atari and H.P. Lovecraft, Alone in the Dark: Illumination™ reinvents the series’ game style into a terrifying, new survival-action horror experience.
reinvent != remake

Psquit

Arcane
To be honest i thought it was a sequel to "New Nightmare" since Alone in the dark 2008 was shit. Either a sequel to alone in the dark 2008 or a reboot.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
TRIGGERED. I fucking hate when they do it, "reinventing" old games. Syndicate as a popamole corridor shooter, Mechwarrior as an F2P game, now AiTD as some stupid Left 4 Dead clone, great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom