Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AMA'S LULLABY - A Cyberpunk/Post Apocalyptic RPG

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Ama's Lullaby
Also, what engine do you use?
This I would like to know. I'd like to never open a settings menu and only find myself being able to select a adjective verging from simple to beautiful ever again, so if this is made with unity my interest will drop faster than a speeding bullet. Other than that I'd really quite like a new cyberpunk RPG, you can't have too many of those not that there's any risk of that.

About the team: we are 2 developers, 1 graphist and 1 sound designer based in Paris.
Get a decent programmer asap, dag nabbit.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Ama's Lullaby
Also, what engine do you use?
This I would like to know. I'd like to never open a settings menu and only find myself being able to select a adjective verging from simple to beautiful ever again, so if this is made with unity my interest will drop faster than a speeding bullet. Other than that I'd really quite like a new cyberpunk RPG, you can't have too many of those not that there's any risk of that.
I kinda share your dislike of Unity, but for me it's better than nothing (though I hate the engine structure, I fucking hate it, why can't I build the project for desktop with a custom file format that would support modding without so much pain in the ass, uuuuuugh. Not to mention the amount of crap created using this engine).
Also, one game managed to get through this preset 'simple to beautiful' crap.

laclongquan

Arcane
Scantily dressed character with a slight manga'ed damsel in destress look for male appeal. It just looks so ridiculous.

Are you suggesting us getting interested because of this:

Not necessarily. The same goes for a lot of games featuring scantily dressed and sexually and or emotionally objectified women for no other reason than appealing to male "ownership" though most wouldn't seriously get you visually interested for that alone. However, it's a trend. A rather manipulative one than the ones that work on raw attraction. Ridiculously proportioned to emphasis sexual nature, scantily dressed, childlike facial features certainly fit that bill.

I am a gamer. Gamers laugh at the word "objectified". We understand words like "motivation", "benefit to act", "lure" etc... Leave your fucking political correctness at the door.

I like you try to insinuate into your political argument. Doesnt work that way around here. The motive "I rescue that chick because I like her looking nekkid" is perfectly understandable. The motive "I rescue that chick because I own her" that you seem to imply is soooooo convoluted and not true, since we dont care who that ass belong to.

Last edited:

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
The same goes for a lot of games featuring scantily dressed and sexually and or emotionally objectified women for no other reason than appealing to male "ownership" though most wouldn't seriously get you visually interested for that alone. However, it's a trend. A rather manipulative one than the ones that work on raw attraction. Ridiculously proportioned to emphasis sexual nature, scantily dressed, childlike facial features certainly fit that bill.

I am a gamer. Gamers laugh at the word "objectified". We understand words like "motivation", "benefit to act", "lure" etc... Leave your fucking political correctness at the door.

I like you try to insinuate into your political argument. Doesnt work that way around here. The motive "I rescue that chick because I like her looking nekkid" is perfectly understandable. The motive "I rescue that chick because I own her" that you seem to imply is soooooo convoluted and not true, since we dont care who that ass belong to.

I see nothing about political correctness there. If the only motivation to care about a character is the curvature of ass and boobs, that's just lazy design.

I think you are confused about what political correctness is or isn't. It is not political correctness to question lazy and shit design made with poor motivations.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
The same goes for a lot of games featuring scantily dressed and sexually and or emotionally objectified women for no other reason than appealing to male "ownership" though most wouldn't seriously get you visually interested for that alone. However, it's a trend. A rather manipulative one than the ones that work on raw attraction. Ridiculously proportioned to emphasis sexual nature, scantily dressed, childlike facial features certainly fit that bill.

I see nothing about political correctness there. If the only motivation to care about a character is the curvature of ass and boobs, that's just lazy design.
I think the laziness or not of the design in this game depends on whenever it features prostitution as an option (or maybe necessity) or not.
For example the Witcher had sexcards but they were consistent with the character of Geralt and his actions.

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer
We use Unity, and it's a powerful tool for indie developers like us. But it's just a tool, no matter what we use...
The graphic settings "simple to beautiful" are just presets, we're free to unlock the settings for confirmed gamers, and let you choose your antialiasing level, shadow type and texture resolutions.

We're now on Twitter! With no tweets yet... ;)

zwanzig_zwoelf

we're free to unlock the settings for confirmed gamers, and let you choose your antialiasing level, shadow type and texture resolutions
Don't forget to include custom file format and mod support.
Yeah... Good luck with that.
:troll:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Nice-looking Blade Runner-esque background art. Sci-fi street survival sounds like a pretty cool concept, especially if it's grimdark and filled with stranger danger.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
We use Unity
97il3k.gif

JMab

Augur
I personally think Unity is fine. You can save your scene to a custom binary or text file format and you can allow modding if you wish - I have on the Windows platform. The engine can input or output files in any format you care to use basically.

As the dev said above, the standard graphics settings are just presets. They don't need to be used if you are prepared to put in the work to expose the lower-level settings.

I've used UDK and been impressed with the workflow and tools suite, but found it a bit bloated and too tailored for FPS. I've also dabbled with Cryengine, and found you can make any game you like as long as it's a jungle island shooter. Unity is more flexible - the amazing breadth of games available and in development, like this one, are proof of that I think.

This game looks great, by the way. It's all about quality of content for games really - people shouldn't notice what the engine is doing.

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer
Recap of the day!

Our team is still working, especially on more technical stuff. Let's talk what's new, and what has been done:

• Selection/Navigation system with pathfinding

We are now able to create an army of zombies following you anywhere :)
Just kidding, no zombies over here! Anyway, zombies don't need pathfinding, they walk straight.

• Fog of War system

Navigate in the level with a fog of war is definitely more fun. Now we can't see what's on the other side of a wall.

FogOfWar_01.jpg

• 3D props

We are trying new 3D tools to improve quality and productivity, and we add some details to the environment.

AmasLullaby_Ingame_04.jpg

And take a look at this gun! We can't wait to shoot some zombies robots in awesome turn based combats:

LaserGun.jpg

• Music and sound
We have our first sound in the game, and the music composition process has already begun. Take care, dark mood over here :)

AmasLullabyCubase.jpg

• Social
Now you can fiind Ama's Lullaby on Twitter (@AmasLullaby): https://twitter.com/AmasLullaby

See you for the next update, stay tuned, and speak of Ama's Lullaby around you!

Wizfall

Cipher
Hey guys! We've been quite busy this summer, we had to take a break with the game. Now we're getting back to work, and it starts with our new website!!

http://www.amaslullaby.com
It definitely looks great but so many game's project never make it that it is very difficult to get enthusiastic about it and to build a fanbase.
At least until being further in the development process and having more to show.
Updates appreciated.

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer
Hi all,

As you will see with the next pictures, we don't have a lot of screenshots from our game prototype to show you. In facts, it is progressing quite slowly. The main reason is that the project is too complex (because of the RPG and hardore-oriented features) for being developed without any funds. It takes a lot of time, and because in our lives we have full-time jobs, it runs slowly. Furthermore, it's complicated to stay focused, and to motivate the team since the beginning of the project (it has started in the end of 2013...), without any guarantee of a succesful financing in the future. We'd love to give more for this project but we can't.

That's why we're thinking about trying to raise funds, in a few months. It could help us to focus on the game, to develop it in a quite faster way. More importantly, it would give us the opportunity to build a real small game development studio behind the project, to make it more official.

So, what are we doing now in our free time? Well, we're working on a small cinematic 3D movie, showing the game's atmosphere and main lines story. Here are some test renders and screenshots (still work in progress).

Cinematics_ScreenShot_01.jpg

Cinematics_AmasLullaby_01.jpg

AmasLullaby_Cinematics_02.png

AmasLullaby_Teaser_01.jpg

Cinematics_Tests.jpg

We will be back very soon to announce our decision about the crowdfunding campaign, stay tuned! Feel free to tell us your point of view on our website, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or on this forum. You can also contact us via the contact form of our website.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom