Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
When I was a kid the commies were about to come swarming over the border and we were all waiting for the bomb to drop. Like I said, perspective.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Damn. I'm so jealous. Touching all that hardware...

I find that gap between her legs very appealing.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Isn't that just a modern comp running an emulator in a C64 case?

Seconding stickying this thread.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Third sticking this thread.

Looks lovely. I think I'll buy one myself when my current comp will stop working.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Remake? I own an original copy of Millenium 2.2 for the PC. :smug:

(No idea if it works, but still...)

Luzur

Good Sir
Welcome to Commodore News with your host, Luzur, bringing you the News of Today for the Commodore Users of Tomorrow!

Good Evening.

first up, new Amiga has been announced:

353px-AmigaOne_X1000_case.jpg

Big news from the Amiga world this weekend. That stubborn bunch are holding AmiWest 2011 this weekend, and it's been one heck of an eventful little, uh, event. Not only will the AmigaOne X1000 start shipping by year's end, Hyperion also announced something many in the Amiga world have been waiting for for a long time: an Amiga laptop. Update: Steven Solie, AmigaOS' team lead, also held a presentation about the past, present, and future of AmigaOS. The team is working on some pretty interesting stuff - protected address space, multicore support, USB3, new printing subsystem, and much more.

http://www.osnews.com/story/25251/Amiga ... _Announced

http://www.digi.no/881131/svindyr-amiga-entrer-scenen

(norwegian site, gotta google translate it.)

Dual-core 1.8GHz PowerISA v2.04+ CPU.
"Xena" 500MHz XMOS XS1-L1 128 SDS.
ATI Radeon R700 graphics card.
2GB RAM.
500GB Hard drive.
22x DVD combo drive.
Customised case, keyboard and mouse.
7.1 channel HD audio.
Ports and connectors:
4x DDR2 RAM slots.
10x USB 2.0.
1x Gigabit Ethernet.
2x PCIe x16 slots (1x16 or 2x8).
2x PCIe x1 slots.
1x Xorro slot.
2x PCI legacy slots.
2x RS232.
4x SATA 2 connectors.
1x IDE connector.
JTAG connector.
1x Compact Flash.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

further on, Mega-Cart for your VIC-20 is ready to be ordered, so come on guys get going before they run out of stock!

http://www.mega-cart.com/

vicman_chip.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

and rumors from the Commodore Game Industry tells me a new game has been released!

A Chance in Hell

achanceinhell-2.gif

achanceinhell-3.gif

Game Story:
The Devil has invaded your coastal village, and has kidnapped the village population. As the village priest, you alone must defeat the devil and rescue your flock. A main road goes through the village, but don't expect anyone to stop for you as they have heard the news.

Essential Game Controls:
O – forward (or joystick)
K – back (or joystick)
Q – left (or joystick)
W - (or joystick)
B – shoot/get/use/push/open (or joystick)
P – look up
L – look down
I - Face forward

Additional controls:
Z - sidestep left
X - sidestep right
R = Move Up (Rise/Stand)
F = Move Down (Fall/Crouch)
U = U-Turn
CTRL+key = When used in conjunction with movement keys will accelerate the movement.
ESC/RUN-STOP = Restart environment.
CTRL+key = When used in conjunction with movement keys will accelerate the movement.
SPACE = Toggle Sights Mode/Movement Mode

Controls that exist but you don't need:
M = Tilt Right
N = Tilt Left
A = Activate Object (not needed in this game)

and Mr.SID of CSDb fame announced earlier this year that Prince of Persia has reached a successful port to Commodore 64/128 (PAL and NTSC)!

The game will be available as a free download on the 16th of October 2011.

It will ship in the form of an EasyFlash .crt file. Any EasyFlash compatible cartridge will support the game (this should include the Chameleon and AlienFlash systems). VICE 2.2 and later also features EasyFlash support.
There is no disk or tape version (and there might never be one).

I will release more information during the coming week and will start to publish detailed documentation of the
development of this version (including my reverse-engineering work of the Apple II version) after the release.

In the mean time, here are some screenshots to get you psyched. I welcome all your comments and questions.

title.png

level1.png

level5.png

level4.png

And finally Dunjon Battler by Jeffrey Ouellette is done and out.

102072.gif

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=102072

and Edge Grinder, RGCD's awaited top-ten hit, has been released to the public!

edge2.png

Cosine's latest game is finally complete and the cartridge is ready to purchase from our shop page! Coded by T.M.R, featuring a new soundtrack by Odie and graphics and map design by Smila, the digital version of the game should be available for free download from the Cosine home page and Format War in the next day or so (when Jason gets a chance to upload it).

http://www.rgcd.co.uk/2011/07/edge-grin ... e-c64.html

eglabel.png

http://youtu.be/W_BOaNFsD5Y

A new eBook version of Commodore: a Company on the Edge is now available.
Kindle and iPod users (who download the Kindle app) can enjoy the book immediately without any inconvenient shipping charges.
Excerpts from the book are free to read online at the websites below:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0064BB3RI

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0064BB3RI

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0064BB3RI

Psytronik got a new Puzzle game and action game for C64 in the works.

oracle_01.gif

http://psytronik.net/main/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=57

It's time to put your thinking caps on for ORACLE III - An excellent C64 puzzle game by Art Project Studios. The idea of the game is to clear each screen by pushing blocks to match up a minimum of two or more squares. The game has three difficulty settings and an unlockable fourth setting that can be accessed once you have mastered 'hard' mode.

and Soulless:

soul_box.jpg

http://youtu.be/GvKKI2RZMXQ

A powerful warrior King, tired of constant battle and the smell of blood declares peace on the land he rules ... But his generals crave war and plan to overthrow the King. Enlisting the help of an evil wizard the King is cursed using unholy magic. His human body is twisted and deformed into a beastly form, his human soul is stolen! Locked away in a tomb the cursed King is all but forgotten while an unending war rages on for a thousand years ... Until one day a great quake shakes the land and smashes the wall of the Tomb holding the beast. Now he is FREE and is determined to reclaim his human soul and once again bring peace to the land.

Features:

Massive map to explore

Stunningly detailed graphics & animation

Premium package contains exclusive Soulless comic story

please do check out Psytronik's page for more upcoming releases and games!

http://psytronik.net/

all these titles coming soon to a Verified Commodore Retailer near you (Crispy?)

this is Luzur, signing off for Commodore News.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
A Chance In Hell looks like something they cobbled together with the 3D Construction Kit.

zeitgeist

Magister
Luzur said:
and rumors from the Commodore Game Industry tells me a new game has been released!

A Chance in Hell

achanceinhell-2.gif
3D Construction Kit! Have there been any other 3D Kit games worth knowing about made in the past two decades? I only ever played Castle Master and Total Eclipse out of the properly published Freescape engine games, and absolutely nothing "unofficial".

Flanimal

Novice
zeitgeist said:
Luzur said:

A Chance in Hell

achanceinhell-2.gif
3D Construction Kit! Have there been any other 3D Kit games worth knowing about made in the past two decades? I only ever played Castle Master and Total Eclipse out of the properly published Freescape engine games, and absolutely nothing "unofficial".

There is new site at http://www.3dconstructionkit.co.uk/ which is compiling an archive of games and documentation for 3D Construction Kit.

If you would like to play C64 A Chance In Hell, bear in mind that there are two versions, the standard C64 version and the "eXtreme" version, which has been modified to run under C64 emulation running at high speed, e.g. 25x CPU.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Does this new Amiga have compatibility with say Workbench 2 and 3? As in I probably could play all my old Amiga games (on a real Amiga, not an emulator).

I have 2 huge boxes full of my old Amiga Games on floppies. I still have my old Amiga floppy drive, provided it would work with this new computer.

made

Arcane
You can install UAE on it and emulate an Amiga on your "Amiga". Though Amiga OS 4.0 is backwards compatible with 3.1 afaik so you can probably run WHDL games or anything that works with 3.1. But I doubt it comes with a port to plug your floppy drive in.

I wonder what the target audience is for such a computer and how many units they expect to sell.

made

Arcane
I'm probably not neckbeardy enough. I'm perfectly content emulating the odd game on my PC.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
zeitgeist said:
I only ever played Castle Master and Total Eclipse out of the properly published Freescape engine games, and absolutely nothing "unofficial".

The list of officially published Freescape games isn't that long, six games in total.

Driller
Dark Side
Total Eclipse
Total Eclipse 2
Castle Master
Castle Master 2: The Crypt

Of these, Dark Side is the only one I haven't played. Driller has you roaming around on a planet's surface, looking to drain a planet of dangerous gas emissions by placing drills at exact locations. Very primitive compared to the other Freescape games.

Total Eclipse 2 was only released on some 8-bit platforms, and features an invisible maze. Don't bother.

Castle Master 2 was interesting, everything about it screams "DLC" instead of being an actual sequel. If you died in Castle Master, you were supposed to have to play through Castle Master 2 so that your character can "escape" from the afterlife and try again with the main quest of CM1. Technical restraints forced this aspect of the game to be released in a standalone product. Sound familiar? :smug:

And no, I haven't heard of any "unofficial" Freescape/3D Construction Kit releases either.

Suchy

Arcane

Wolfus

Arcane
Amiga X1000 is too expensive to be a retro computer and too uncompatibile to be normal one. I also wonder, who is the target. I'll stick with my real good old Amiga.

tindrli

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Does this new Amiga have compatibility with say Workbench 2 and 3? As in I probably could play all my old Amiga games (on a real Amiga, not an emulator).

I have 2 huge boxes full of my old Amiga Games on floppies. I still have my old Amiga floppy drive, provided it would work with this new computer.

hmmm are those floppies still usable?? i mean.. they must be 20 years old more less...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom