Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Haba, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Tel Velothi Savant

Tel Velothi
    Click here and disable ads!
    I'm pretty sure it was a static screen in motion (like ants in ant's nest - you know what I mean). I asked my mother about it: "Yes, it was Atari", I asked my dad: "Nah, it was something different" and my sister doesn't even remember anything about it.
    Well, I'll try to ask them again, because I'm really interested what it was, I'll let you know. And thanks for your concern.
    ^ Top  
  2. AlaCarcuss Arbiter

AlaCarcuss
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the spectrum used to display flasing multi-coloured bars when loading games. Of course neither of our opinions count as we don't have hot sisters. :(
    ^ Top  
  3. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    Swedish Datastorm 2012 went along nicely, with alot of 64 demo cock fencing by the bros.

http://datastorm.se/#news

here are all the demos from the party:

http://galaga.hg5.gu.se/tmp/ds2012c64.zip

also, a new issue (#15) of Commodore Free out if anyone is interested. it's available in HTML, as a text file, a PDF or in disk image (d64) format.

and the new 8-bit album Bits with Byte is out:

also some cool demos

and lastly, Sonic The Hedgehog C64 release.

why the Codex doesnt make a troll c64 demo for Bethesda and mail it to Todd is beyond me
    ^ Top  
  4. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    Game of Thrones C64 strategy game intro (spoof prob, but looks cool, also bump thread.)

also, found this vid of the new C64:

^ Top  
  5. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    God.... To be able to turn back time.

I am still butthurt about Commodore going down and being forced to switch to PC to this very day.
    ^ Top  
  6. asper Cipher

asper
    Project: Eternity
    Jahtari studio sale: Commodore C64 synth with 2 SID chips

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://jahtari.org/music/SID.htm

Saldy, it's already sold.
    ^ Top  
  7. Suchy Arcane

Suchy
    http://venturebeat.com/2012/04/09/commodore-founder-jack-tramiel-dies-at-83/

Farewell, great Potato.
    ^ Top  
  8. asper Cipher

asper
    Wow, amazing, I didn't know the founder of Commodore was a Polish jew, and concentration camp survivor..! :salute:
    ^ Top  
  9. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    [​IMG]
    asper Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  10. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity
    Rest in peace you magnificent bastard, computers and gaming wouldn't be the same without Commodore's contributions. :salute:
    ^ Top  
  11. Syril Arbiter Queued

Syril
    He was not a jew, Trzmiel is a 100% potato surname.

Superior potato slav science hyperspaced unwashed kwa and rest of the world masses into era of computers.
    ^ Top  
  12. Elwro Arcane Patron

Elwro
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    If he was Jewish, it means he had a Jewish mother, and so his surname could've been really anything if she married a goy.
    ^ Top  
  13. piydek Arbiter

piydek
  14. asper Cipher

asper
    The Polish Wikipedia page omits this fact, but judging by other cases it seems to be common to state Polish Jews are Polish, and then to mention the Jewish background in an additional sentence (Alfred Tarski). Can't help but think there's a bit of appropriation going on there.

And of course Trzmiel was the founder and owner of the company, and not the engineer that designed the computer.

Hmm.... Ziembicki?

^ Top  
  15. taxalot Arcane Patron

taxalot
    Codex 2013
    Jack Trammiel was awesome. Discussing if he was a jew or not is one of the lowest point the Codex ever reached.
    Suchy Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  16. Jashiin Arcane

Jashiin
    This. Nothing will ever come close to the magic that machine brought to my screen. Thread nearly brought a tear to my eye :salute:. But as has been said before, apart from all the gameplay what really set the amiga apart in its day was the music OMG the music. So imagine the thrill I felt, and perhaps a miniture loss of urine, when I discovered that turrican music god Chris Huelsbeck, responsible for such gems as this...

...has his own bloody kickstarter page to remaster, rerecord and rerelease the whole of turrican 1 2 and 3's soundtrack.

:what:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ndtrack-anthology-by-chris-huelsbeck?ref=live

For those already kickstarter tired, I figured still a good heads up just knowing it will be out in the coves and bays of this world.
    ^ Top  
  17. made Arcane

made
    Yea, no thanks, Chris. Paula chip > orchestra.
    ^ Top  
  18. Jashiin Arcane

Jashiin
    Ah yes, those great names. I remember salvaging fat agnus from a broken A500 to fix another. Just randomly exchange chips until one of them booted up again. I had no clue :lol:
    ^ Top  
  19. CorpseZeb Learned

CorpseZeb
    Yeah, exactly my thoughts! Same goes for the various Hippel or C64 "orchestral" re-works. Something magical is lost in the transition...

Ps. On the other hand, simple forms of classic music (not the big orchestral ones, but quartets, string, harpsichord or piano solos) are somewhat similar to the chip music. Simplicity is beautiful.
    ^ Top  
  20. made Arcane

made
    You mean like that track Dimmu Borgir stole from Tim Wright and tried to pass as their own?
    ^ Top  
  21. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    i remember when some rapper in the US stole a C64 demo tune from an Norwegian composer and passed it off as his own.
    ^ Top  
  22. made Arcane

made
    It was actually more common than you'd think. Kernkraft 400 is probably the most prominent example as they played that tune in every club for 2 years straight, at least around here. Works both ways tho.
    ^ Top  
  23. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    i know, Lazy Jones etc, but this was pretty recent too and with some big rapper guy, like Puff Daddy or someone.

got some headlines.
    ^ Top  
  24. made Arcane

made
    ye, Timbaland
    ^ Top  
  25. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)