Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

i can't remember the name of this game: turn based strategy, played on the map of central europe, nato vs pact of warsaw, each unit represented by a blue or red square, news would be received via telex, there was a separate screen where a password was needed to request a nuclear strike.

also another question: was this game any good? i was too young to judge.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
As it's today (or yesterday, depending on where you live) 20th anniversary of the bankrupcy of Commodore...FUCK YOU MEHDI ALI FOR RUINING COMMODORE!
:fight:

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
i can't remember the name of this game: turn based strategy, played on the map of central europe, nato vs pact of warsaw, each unit represented by a blue or red square, news would be received via telex, there was a separate screen where a password was needed to request a nuclear strike.

also another question: was this game any good? i was too young to judge.

Theatre Europe? I don't remember playing it though, but google it. Also, there was Balance of Power, but I didn't have the hardware to play it when it came out.

Luzur

Good Sir
got my goods delivered today:

r0RaY82.jpg

Guize, recommend me some good games for this.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Console decline :obviously:

I don't think that there are any worthwhile exclusives on CD32. I'm not sure if there are even any exclusives on it. The best games I have for it are UFO: Enemy Unknown, Simon the Sorcerer and Super Stardust, all of 'em available on other platforms.
Btw that port of Oscar is horribad. Jump is assigned to d-pad even though there are 5 unused buttons on the controller. Using up for jump in a platformer is like one of the seven deadly sins of game design along with QTEs and cover based shooting. Shows how much Commodore cared about the platform if that thing was published by them, there was 0 effort put into port. The actual cover art for that thing is just a piece of white paper with the words "DIGGERS" and "OSCAR" on it like 10 times and there's no cover art for the backside or the side of the jewel case at all. I wonder how much that abomination sold for brand new.

There's (The misadventures of) Flink, but afaik the CD32 version is quite/very rare and not as good as the Sega CD version which is the best version out of the bunch (CD32/Sega CD/Mega Drive)

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir
Console decline :obviously:

I don't think that there are any worthwhile exclusives on CD32. I'm not sure if there are even any exclusives on it. The best games I have for it are UFO: Enemy Unknown, Simon the Sorcerer and Super Stardust, all of 'em available on other platforms.
Btw that port of Oscar is horribad. Jump is assigned to d-pad even though there are 5 unused buttons on the controller. Using up for jump in a platformer is like one of the seven deadly sins of game design along with QTEs and cover based shooting. Shows how much Commodore cared about the platform if that thing was published by them, there was 0 effort put into port. The actual cover art for that thing is just a piece of white paper with the words "DIGGERS" and "OSCAR" on it like 10 times and there's no cover art for the backside or the side of the jewel case at all. I wonder how much that abomination sold for brand new.

There's (The misadventures of) Flink, but afaik the CD32 version is quite/very rare and not as good as the Sega CD version which is the best version out of the bunch (CD32/Sega CD/Mega Drive)

well its been long dead so any decline is long gone, also its Commodore and therefore worthy of collecting.

spekkio

Arcane
My CD32 rom collection:

PEu1o7c.jpg

The ones bigger than ~5 mb have FMVs or CD audio.
Crooked Bee recommended Liberation - Captive 2 some time ago (RPG, exclusive).

Mortmal

Arcane
I dont think this was posted already .This guys are working on something interisting : http://www.chaosguns.com/p/chaos-guns-in-nutshell.html
"Chaos Guns is a brand new game for the Amiga. The easiest way to describe would be to imagine a mixture of Chaos Engine (2), Alien Breed and Hired Guns in one - top down view, four player competetive cooperation game, set in a vast world to explore. Players are allowed to spread within the world, they are absolutely independent, but in certain places, cooperation is recommended or even required - if they would like to finish their quest."
hybrid2.png

Mortmal

Arcane
Like hired guns of course !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom