Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Amiga Rage Thread

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Hilarious thread with Codex posers pretending they know anything about the Amiga. :lol:

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fucking hilarious thread with Codex posers pretending they know anything about the Amiga. :lol:

6ZC5nOu.jpg

Ok?

Speedball > Speedball 2.
I disagree with the ranking of the SP1 and SP2, only thing better in the first one was the music, although by a fair mile. Although SP1 plays perhaps a bit more fluently, but SP2 had a league and player transfers, which iirc were nto present in SP1.

Megablast was always too hard for me, I really didn't like shoot em ups, but I learned about Bomb the Bass through playing it, which was good.

Also, Gods had a Simon Bisley cover, whiche alone makes it one of the best games.

And, well, for Chaos Engine, I always chose the priest.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait, so because you pose with a fuckin' book I should listen to you? :lol:
Well sir, have you read it?
Got me there, though, I never learned assembler. :positive:Just having some harmless fun.

Xenon 2 and SpeedPinball 2 were facerolls compared to the originals. Also, the "revered" longplay of Xenon on YouTube was only possible because the scrub used auto-fire.

I still stand by my statement that SP2 was better. Perhaps only because it was the first game I ever bought. But we played it quite a bit, Chaos Engine too.

I have no opinion on Xenons, as I didn't like shumps. Nor beat em ups either, for that matter. Or does IK+ count, that's the one I liked?

Oh, and Player Manager > Kick Off 2.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
have you read it?

You don't need to read a book to know enough about Amiga hardware to know when devs have called on its custom chips or just put some spit and polish on the ST - or worse still - MS-DOS version. It's as plain as day.
Confession, I haven't read it either - it's there as a coffee table book, I think I was too young when I bought it :) By the time it made sense, Amiga was at the end of its run. :(

Never played PM. But Kick Off 2 employed physics, so there's that...
I think they use the same engine for actually playing the game, or K02 imay have been slightly more adavanced. DD behind both. Best thing in PM? To continue your career past 35+, your speed drops from the initial 190+ > 50, but you have to have the frickking manager on the field in order to play. So you play your games 10 vs 11, in practice.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
only faggots played cRPGs in the Amiga's heyday (88-93).

Fucking hilarious thread with Codex posers pretending they know anything about the Amiga. :lol:
The heydays were over long before 1993. 87-91 is more like it. After that, only sad fanbois failed to see the writing on the wall.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
The heydays were over long before 1993. 87-91 is more like it. After that, only sad fanbois failed to see the writing on the wall.

Aren't you the clueless old cunt who couldn't even get WinUAE up and running? And spare me your distorted historical perspectives, pls, you MS-DOS pleb. :lol:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
One day I am going to get an A1200 and prove you all wrong.

Joking aside, the only Amiga rpg I played through was Crecent Hawk's Inception, and it is as good as any crpg from those days by any criteria (well music and sounds are underwhelming).

octavius

Arcane
Patron

Aren't you the clueless old cunt who couldn't even get WinUAE up and running?

I just mentioned earlier in this thread that I had used an Amiga emulatur. :roll:

And spare me your distorted historical perspectives, pls, you MS-DOS pleb. :lol:

Why are you Amiga fanbois always in such a denial, even after more than two decades?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
lulz, I would link the post if I could be bothered finding it. But you low worms normally crawl out of Amiga threads when I enter them. I guess this time the pride overrides common sense, but you should really fuck off back to your Amiga "knowledge base", drawn from the shallow pool of crpgaddict and Matt Barton. :lol:

resilient sphere

Educated
The frame rate of Gods was noticeably shite, sure

No-one's going to agree with any of that other shite you wrote, Lilura

jaydee2k

Savant
lulz, I would link the post if I could be bothered finding it. But you low worms normally crawl out of Amiga threads when I enter them. I guess this time the pride overrides common sense, but you should really fuck off back to your Amiga "knowledge base", drawn from the shallow pool of crpgaddict and Matt Barton. :lol:

You are one annoying elitist cunt honey.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
See, this is the reason why I never start threads in GRPG discussion (and rarely post in them): We get the true lunatics of the Codex posting in them.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
anyone not having played Fate: Gates of Dawn but trying to shit talk the Amiga should just be banned tbh
where you even born in 1990?

Yep, born october 1990. My oldest sister and me seperates a huge age gap so I got to play all the old stuff. I even remember the C64 altho only very very little. I also got all her old amiga magazines she wanted to throw away.

So yeah, I was playing Amiga when the cool kids were already playing PS2 bc I'm a loser highly prestigious :obviously::obviously::obviously:

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
anyone not having played Fate: Gates of Dawn but trying to shit talk the Amiga should just be banned tbh
where you even born in 1990?

Yep, born october 1990. My oldest sister and me seperates a huge age gap so I got to play all the old stuff. I even remember the C64 altho only very very little. I also got all her old amiga magazines she wanted to throw away.

So yeah, I was playing Amiga when the cool kids were already playing PS2 bc I'm a loser highly prestigious :obviously::obviously::obviously:
I admit that's not too shabby for a freshling, although that very older sister is practically cheating. I bet you did not have a 33 MHz 80386 with a turbo to 66 MHz running OS2/Warp, Commander Keen and Lemmings though, the entry requirement for true loserdom prestigiousness.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom