Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

An utterly shocking news : Grimoire

bhlaab

Erudite
It's preferable to be 49, eat hot pockets, and play WoW in your father's underground race war bunker all day.

mondblut

Arcane
phelot said:
Hey Mondblut, didn't you play the beta or something? Was it any good?

The second best blobber after Wizardry 7, as far as I am concerned. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Find the old dos beta demo from 1997 on filestube and judge for yourself. As far as gameplay goes, it didn't change that much by 2005, and is unlikely to change since that.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Jaesun said:
Haba said:
http://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/in-response-to-rpg-codex/

Yeah, trolling confirmed.

I find it humorous that you people think you can make fun of me and my father, when the majority of you are 49, live in your mothers’ basements, continuously eat hot-pockets and play World of Warcraft all day.

Wh... what... Crispy plays WoW ? Also, some facts are wrong there...

Also, speaking of basements.. how ironic.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Cleve (or the person who has been impersonating Cleve all those years) no longer has the money to maintain a website, so he decides to instead write a blog under a new personality and troll Youtube comments.

:decline:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Oh I should have paid more attention to his about section. A teen, what a relief.
After reading these posts, I have no trouble seeing why my father has slowly slipped into insanity over the years.
Or likely just a troll. Maybe both.

Bruticis

So, in his comment section he wrote this:
"As for the release date of Grimoire… I wouldn’t want to disappoint you by not meeting it…"
So his son is working on Grimoire too (I implies it's just him, wouldn't he or we be more applicable)?..Or he let his alternate personality disorder slip out by mistake...the plot thickens...

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
perhaps he has killed and eaten his father's flesh to gain his strength as per sith law

Mortmal

Arcane
Haba said:
http://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/in-response-to-rpg-codex/

Yeah, trolling confirmed.

The whole story is one gigantic trolling from the beggining , he's likely a poorly skilled programmer who worked on some games years ago, tried to mimic the best project he worked on : wizardry 7. He never succeded to make something as good and of course cant admit it nor release it.
As said before he cant maintain a website anymore, if hes as lazy as he sounds like , hes completely unemployable, i mean really who would hire someone like that.No job , no money no site, just a miserable troll blog left , how low the proud neanderthals have fallen...
At least its funny more funny than anything he could deliver .

Phelot

Arcane
mondblut said:
phelot said:
Hey Mondblut, didn't you play the beta or something? Was it any good?

The second best blobber after Wizardry 7, as far as I am concerned. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Find the old dos beta demo from 1997 on filestube and judge for yourself. As far as gameplay goes, it didn't change that much by 2005, and is unlikely to change since that.

Wow! I'll have to track it down.

Hey Cleve! Release this shit already! I got money to burn!

bhlaab

Erudite
Mortmal said:
As said before he cant maintain a website anymore, if hes as lazy as he sounds like , hes completely unemployable, i mean really who would hire someone like that.No job , no money no site, just a miserable troll blog left , how low the proud neanderthals have fallen...
At least its funny more funny than anything he could deliver .

I'm not sure its laziness that makes him completely unhireable

Seymour

Liturgist
Cleve's "son". Posting in exactly his "father's" style, dissing the Codex. Yeah, right.

Hey Cleve, not a single person believes your sockpuppet blog, son, or for that matter your imaginary wife Rosie Palms. A guy who has a psychological breakdown over a one-night stand just isn't able to keep human female company long enough to procreate, sorry.

phelot said:
I'll have to track it down

Someone had the old beta in their sig here in the Codex, I remember downloading and trying it out, maybe I still have a copy. Other than that, Konjad linked to a supposedly "new" beta on ITS a while ago, but I didn't care enough to check for version differences.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You guys are too hard on Cleve some times. I mean, look how hard he's working on providing quality trolling for the Codex in a time when quality trolls are hard to come by.

Luzur

Good Sir
so Clev...err i mean Cooper Blakemore is Cleve's son?

why didnt he mention this son of his before?

MCA
hanssolo said:
Cleve has progeny he hasn't devoured? Clearly the mother hid him until he was strong enough to defend himself. Soon he will overthrow his father and cast his ruined manhood to the eastern sea. There is no room for more of the Old Race in this New World.

edit: nowait. Cooper is the Starchild? You Will Believe A Baby Can Fly.

edit edit: shit ok, actually read it now. Cleve's son named one of his party members Cleve? Lol, Cleve, you don't have a son or a wife. Or a bunker. Or a game.

Oh he does have a wife. And a son (two children in fact, IIRC). And a bunker. And a game. All proven by photographic evidence at his own site at some point or another and reproduced here throughout time. Fucking newfags.

MCA
I found this interesting project from that youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flA3-ulU-zk

Looks very decent and it's worth attention that he's actually applying a pnp mechanic for loot (roll to search for loot), instead of obsessing over hand-placing useless shit around. That might sound trivial but when someone takes notice of any pnp mechanic these days, it's worth paying attention.

MCA
He's like God. Lots of retarded Atheists and other disillusioned people going on about "WHY GOD WHY, IF YOU EXISTED YOU'D SHOW YOURSELF" and God giving a happy lol to himself and moving along and letting those idiots roll over in their own misery.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Cleve. Save us. Save us from the great recession! Please complete the patch to - oh wait, you're not Drog. Fuck you.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
villain of the story said:
He's like God. Lots of retarded Atheists and other disillusioned people going on about "WHY GOD WHY, IF YOU EXISTED YOU'D SHOW YOURSELF" and God giving a happy lol to himself and moving along and letting those idiots roll over in their own misery.

n/t
I like this man's sense of humour.

This Cooper person is pretty funny too.
So, you know how the previous post said I won’t be able to upload screenshots? Dad showed me an ancient Neanderthal technique to upload crude screenshots, and it worked!

Ancient Neanderthal technique for screenshots. God showing up as N/T. Sure cracked me up for today.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I love the excuse of "Kingstep engine" making it impossible for him to take screen shots.

Unfortunately the only mention ever of this incredible engine was by Cleve.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom