Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Andhaira is punishing mods more than we are punishing him

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I am being serious when I say that the only thing that passes through my mod queue is Andhaira.
Only twice have I intercepted some serious bullshit, but even those two messages could might as well have been posted for all I care.

He was discouraged because of some seriously stalkery bullshit, right?
Why not put him off moderation, remind him of his warning and simply nuke him if he goes crazy again?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The thing is, that queue is the only thing keeping him sane. Once you remove that he will go batshit crazy again. He ALWAYS does. If anything, he probably could be taken out of the queue in GD... it's GD after all. But I'd prefer he says moderated on the other forums.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
While I completely agree that the current system is way less than optimal (my moderation queue is also filled with Andhaira), taking him out of the queue seems a recipe for disaster in my book. He's always pushing the envelope in his posts in Politics, and I think, like Jaesun, that he would go progressively more crazy if left to roam.

On the other hand I guess nothing would be wrong with taking him out of the queue and let him go batshit... crossing that bridge when we come to it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It is a recipe for disaster. He is ALWAYS consistent in going batshit crazy. Plus his shitposting will go up considerably.

EDIT:

And then he will finally be banned. Then he will make continuous alts. Then we have to deal with that all over again. Right now it is under control and contained. Just take him off mod queue in GD.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Couldn't we just make his posts have a 25% chance of automatic approval at a random point 1-6 hours after he makes them and then remove them from the queue altogether?

Or have him taken off moderation, but add a silent ignore on andhaira on every user automatically. He can post to his hearts content, but noone will be able to see it. Well, maybe except mods. I'd like to see him get more and more desperate as he continually fails to get any reactions from the people he's trying to troll.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, I feel your pain, Zed. I get a lot of Andhaira in my mod queue too (as an admin my mod queue includes GD, yikes). But he's just bound to go bonkers once off the leash.

I've taken to not approving a lot of his posts lately, by the way. I hope it encourages him to make more effort in his posts, and not just post inane one- or two-liners. Yeah, I know.

EDIT: Haha, I like Ulminati's idea. Let the roll of a die decide the fate of Andhaira's posts.

Also, if you take him off mod queue in GD, it's going to be flooded by Andhaira. I don't care about GD much, but still.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I've taken to not approving a lot of his posts lately, by the way. I hope it encourages him to make more effort in his posts, and not just post inane one- or two-liners.

It almost sounds like you beleived that. How adorable! :love:

Andhaira is right up there with prosper in the loony bin

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Or have him taken off moderation, but add a silent ignore on andhaira on every user automatically. He can post to his hearts content, but noone will be able to see it. Well, maybe except mods. I'd like to see him get more and more desperate as he continually fails to get any reactions from the people he's trying to troll

Do this, please do this :lol:

It is deliciously evil, and no one would lose. Every one would win.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom