Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Android Game Recommendations

Lythandra

Educated
I need a new phone timewaster or two.

Give me some recommendations please.

I don't mind spending money on it but don't want to go higher than a few bucks as I'm picky as shit on what I play.

I want something that I can play for a few minutes at a time if needed, nothing that requires you to play for 30+ minutes at a time.

No CCGs please or defense games. I would prefer a puzzle/strategy game or an RPG.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Star Trek Timelines. It's an MMORPG basically like Star Trek Online but more Star Trek-y and less autism WoW-like.

Cosmonautica is pretty decent, a space trading game with a wacky style like Constructor.

Puzzle Quest 2 is popamole compared to the original, but the original is not on Android so its the best you can get. Decent way to waste some time.

Myst and Riven are available although that obviously takes a bit of time and won't satisfy your casul needs.

Or the obvious recommendation, King of Dragon Pass. Works well in short or long sessions. For when you have to be KANGZ & SHIEET.

Also Star Traders RPG. Not an RPG by any stretch but a decent trading game.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh or some kawaii Japaneseru gamus like the early Final Fantasies or Chrono Trigger :incline:

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
Ive found I almost always prefer PSP games on android because at least they allow you to save-state anywhere, and dont come with annoying ad notifications or touch screen controls.

FFT, Tactics Ogre, Front Mission 2/3 Mother 3, and XCom all make for pretty great android experiences. I dont bother with RTWP as it's just too much of a headache on a smartphone.

edit: also Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles, and if your phone has a good sized screen some of the DS games work pretty well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom