Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Angry cunts need not exclude fair, reasonable angry cunts

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Help differentiate between one and the other by disallowing people like Angthoron or the Primordia developer we have here (to name a couple among many others) from shitposting on other developers and/or their companies. Especially since they have a fondness of doing so by using -not- their real identity, heavan forbeet, but some cosy, safe virtual identity. Zero the responsibility, ethical or otherwise, double the immature joy of shitting for the sake of shitting.

We all read and agreed with Swen's post about a CoD fan reviewing his Original Sin, about the unfairness of people a-priori biased being in a position to affect others..many others. We all know about doritos, about being a cunt, about diluting, polluting your opponent's products. And where it can lead to.

So why does the Codex, self-proclaimed torch bearer of the incline allow devs to do exactly the fucking same to others? Here, of all places? Because they bring the incline? Before or during shitting on their peers? Because they help you with community contests? Before or after they assume rights other than those they wish for their own selves? Fuck their gifts, if this is how they behave.

When you come here as a team's representative, or as a team's developer, i should have thought you come here baring certain responsibilities. Above those of the average, professionally-unrelated Joe. If you are unable to comprehend or fall along with that, perhaps steps need to be taken.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hate having to brofist Excidium. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY MAIANDROS.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
hvuud.gif

OP raises a valid point, but there's no need to ban them (especially as they're often posting as genuine fans of the relevant genre). Instead, we should require that developers (or anyone with a direct financial interest in the games industry) should only post reviews under their developer tag. They can post in the forums all they like, but actual reviews should always disclose conflicts of interest (it's not about whether they're actually biased, as you can never prove that - it's about the appearance of bias).

Edit: I'm not actually aware of any cases where someone has posted a review WITHOUT declaring their professional interest, where appropriate. Forum posts aren't equivalent - a CoD fan can shitpost about how boring TB combat is on the Codex, just like anywhere else.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
No, fuck off. What sets the codex apart from other places is that we are free to post our opinions independent of their idiotic/biased/reprehensible content, it's not because somebody works with game development that his content should start being labeled or censored, We're all intelligent enough to form our own judgement and call out on bullshit, thank you

Telengard

Arcane
Dear OP. Agreeing that somebody shouldn't do something isn't the same thing as censoring them from doing it. Censorship has its own drama, in that one must first set up a tribunal vested with the power of censoring people and thoughts that aren't agreed with. (See Eidos forums, if you want an example of that in practice.)

What's more, there is already a means at hand for handling biased reviews - holding them up for laughter and ridicule. Would you truly deny the Codex more reviewer red meat for it to gnaw upon?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Help differentiate between one and the other by disallowing people like Angthoron or the Primordia developer we have here (to name a couple among many others) from shitposting on other developers and/or their companies. Especially since they have a fondness of doing so by using -not- their real identity, heavan forbeet, but some cosy, safe virtual identity. Zero the responsibility, ethical or otherwise, double the immature joy of shitting for the sake of shitting.

We all read and agreed with Swen's post about a CoD fan reviewing his Original Sin, about the unfairness of people a-priori biased being in a position to affect others..many others. We all know about doritos, about being a cunt, about diluting, polluting your opponent's products. And where it can lead to.

So why does the Codex, self-proclaimed torch bearer of the incline allow devs to do exactly the fucking same to others? Here, of all places? Because they bring the incline? Before or during shitting on their peers? Because they help you with community contests? Before or after they assume rights other than those they wish for their own selves? Fuck their gifts, if this is how they behave.

When you come here as a team's representative, or as a team's developer, i should have thought you come here baring certain responsibilities. Above those of the average, professionally-unrelated Joe. If you are unable to comprehend or fall along with that, perhaps steps need to be taken.
That's why there's an ignore button.

Now have fun on my ignore list.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Please link me to said devs shitposting on other devs/companies. Also, what kind of dev is Angthoron? Does he develop hello world programs in javascript? Also, where's my D:OS key? Shouldn't I get a key for my donations back when we fought the RPGWatch over the D:OS kickstarter?

Angthoron

Arcane
Please link me to said devs shitposting on other devs/companies. Also, what kind of dev is Angthoron? Does he develop hello world programs in javascript? Also, where's my D:OS key? Shouldn't I get a key for my donations back when we fought the RPGWatch over the D:OS kickstarter?
Wait, what the fuck, you didn't get a key? I thought I sent it to everyone that had donated. Pls poke me in PMs and I'll send you one, if that's the case.

Mainandros seems to be butthurt about not being able to deflect his marked personal interest (friends working) in success of TESO while admitting to be a game journalist (citing journalist pass for his extended experience in the closed beta). Meantime he's also complaining about a possible dev's bias against a product of a company that he's supposed to review with a critically open mind as his profession supposedly demands of him. This is quite delicious.

As for whether I'm a dev or not, I'll exercise my right to not reveal anything about my identity like any semi-sane Codexer would, and no half-assed whine threads are going to change that. Furthermore, as my identity and association with any companies is an unknown, it should matter fuck-all whose products I shit on and the type of shit I use to do so. I'm a private person with a private opinion. Get it right, bub.

P.S: Still finding TESO a boring piece of mediocrity and not wishing well to Bethesda or ZMO.

Wow, didn't even realize this was a thing, thanks for the tag, VentilatorOfDoom. Additional thanks for cheering me up on a shitty day, a whole butthurt thread, just for me! I feel special.

Edit:

perhaps steps need to be taken.
Ban Maiandros?

Definitely a candidate for "possibly retarded" if there ever was one. I can't even understand half this guy's posts.

Yeah, I don't typically pick on non-native speakers for their inability to articulate themselves properly in a second/third/fifth language, but it took me ages to try to understand what the guy posts, and even then I think I got it wrong and hurt his butt in the process. Then again, I'm still not sure what it wants besides me posting pics of my tits with the logo of the company I work in, and my passport open on first page, so fuck if I know.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
WTF. Maiandros didn't take his pills today. As far as the names are concerned, the only explanation is that he is probably confusing Angthoron with Blackthorne (developer of Quest For Infamy). Also both Blackthorne's real name and MRY 's name (developer of primordia) are well known and can easily be found from the link in their profile pages. So when they form an opinion about something in the internet these people take much greater "risk" than the rest of the codexers, even more considering they also have games to sell and the usual strategy is to keep a low profile and like everything.

This is the codex, if you think someone is shitposting about your favorite game, tell him to his face and don't make inane threads.

Angthoron

Arcane
WTF. Maiandros didn't take his pills today. As far as the names are concerned, the only explanation is that he is probably confusing Angthoron with Blackthorne (developer of Quest For Infamy). Also both Blackthorne's name and MRY 's name (developer of primordia) are well known and can be easily be found from the link in their profile pages.

This is the codex, if you think someone is shitposting about your favorite game, tell him to his face and don't make inane threads.
Nah, it's about this, pretty much: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-elder-scrolls-online.71846/page-59#post-3110165

TL;DR: Guy goes on defense of TESO because his friends work there, goes the "HAVE YOU DEVELOPED A SINGLE GAME IN YOUR LIFE???" route, I tell him to fuck off, two weeks later, the festering wound in his ass seems to have ruptured.

I don't usually give a fuck but like I said, this has been a particularly shitty day so far, so I'll take what I can from it.

Angthoron

Arcane
P.S: Still finding TESO a boring piece of mediocrity and not wishing well to Bethesda or ZMO.
How is the PvP?
Didn't actually try, but I'd imagine the text-based Codexian PvP is way more visceral, though a bit more laggy.

From what I've understood though, it's a "Our penis is bigger" version of GW2's WvW. Not a bad thing per se, but there seemed to be a lot of empty space, and lack of level-scale means that as a lowbie, you're basically not going to be playing that game mode unless you like to be killed and farmed a lot.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
If this whole deal is really about TESO, the levels of retardation are beyond the roof.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
From what I've understood though, it's a "Our penis is bigger" version of GW2's WvW. Not a bad thing per se, but there seemed to be a lot of empty space, and lack of level-scale means that as a lowbie, you're basically not going to be playing that game mode unless you like to be killed and farmed a lot.
LMAO what, a lack of level scale in WvW? DAOC had that but mitigated that perfectly by having low level battlegrounds. TESO sounds like a design disaster.

Angthoron

Arcane
LMAO what, a lack of level scale in WvW? DAOC had that but mitigated that perfectly by having low level battlegrounds. TESO sounds like a design disaster.
At least that's what I saw on the showcase vids, yeah. Think LotRO Ettenmoors for reference, I guess.

There's probably CTF and other such obligatory small-scale PvP modes that have tiered level brackets a-la WoW, mind, but I can't tell for sure.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
i have NO IDEA of what's going on in here or what OP just said.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom