Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Another generic too many games / too little time issue

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
29 October - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
29 October - Battlefield 4
Fuck, I hadn't realized these two were coming out on the same day! Going to be hard to choose.

(Not really BF4 is a mulitplayer game, and MP games are always special on the first days after release, before everyone has discovered the optimal tactics and equipment loadouts. AC4 is single player and can wait for me as long as needed)

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
AC4 is rehashed shit and BF4 is also rehashed shit. Neither is worth purchasing for full price on release.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
AC1 is one of few games that almost blowed me out with boredome so I avoid this series like plague. Saw some gameplay from sequels in someone's house but amaze me how tedium combat is.

BF4 - nah, BC2 was better and BF3 got lot of broken promises.

So no need to creating another topic like that one.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
AC is great for explorefags. If you're not one it's best avoided, if you are one it's Morgoth Day One Purchase.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is the theme which bothered me a bit in recent years.

But now I realized it's not worth thinking about. I gave up willing to complete all the games bought on steam|gog sales and play only the game I really want to play right now and buy only the game I want to play right now (the second statement is honest for 80%, though I've completed almost all of the games bought during the recent Steam Sale). I feel better now.

The other thing I realized that even with more free time I do not play games more (it's pretty hard to me to spend more than 1-2 hours|day playing, except the rare cases when I'm really absorbed by the game). I actually spend more time reading forum/gaming sites/watching videos.

The thing is you should realize it's not a race or a challenge - to beat every game, it's the matter of your own comfort and satisfaction to play only the games you really like.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Has any other codexer experienced that?

Yeah, i've experienced that, and sometimes I just get sick of video games, and go play some MOBAs before I go do something, but it might have to do with me binge playing, for example: I'll play nothing but single players games for a few months to clear some of my catalog, then i'll do nothing but play MOBA's for a while.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom