Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter AntharioN

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Looks amazing.

Sad for them we got so much stuff to play recently. In another time I would have instantly bought it, now I will maybe wait for a sale (good reviews could make me change my mind, though).

getter77

Augur
Great to see they've finally got this happening for real---definitely the sort of game that hopefully turns out to be another bright success story on Kickstarter and does well enough for them after the fact to keep them afloat and working on yet more to come.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I know what I'll be playing this Wednesday:

Art Book and Dev Notes Rewards
Posted by Orphic Software
We just sent out links to AntharioN's art book ($30+ tiers) and dev notes ($50+tiers). Here's a sampling...

16d0909f42e13dd7c33921ab38030a1f_original.png

b5136914af846dafe0a9f90e75ed80b0_original.png

f8c4ece8c646f679f09599a7c10ff224_original.png

The entire Art Book was done by our incredible artist Peter White.

The remaining rewards will be trickling in over the next few weeks with the digital stuff arriving first.

And as a general reminder, AntharioN's official release is this Wednesday! Press has been tough to come by, so we definitely appreciate those of you who've been helping us to get the word out about this game, thanks!

Also don't forget to check out our updated forums.

- Orphic Software

Really been looking forward to this one... it has it's own... "charm" for lack of a better word. I do hope they get some coverage.

I already downloaded both pieces and the Dev book is actual scans of their handwritten notebook, each page.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
mindx2 has it right. I'm holding out until wednseday too.

For me, it seems kind of "plain", but sometimes plain is all you really need.
And with the level of polish it has, it seems very hard to resist. Like.. the "Dragon Quest" kind of plain. That's good stuff.

Anyway, hope there'll be some way for folks who weren't around for the KS to get their hands on the artbook\dev notes... :P

Mustawd

My steam list is already long as shit..but I recognize incline when I see it. Buying this one in two days and a wake up.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I will be waiting for reviews and details about complexity of the game. Worse the graphics I expect more complex game mechanics or I am not interested.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Press has been tough to come by, so we definitely appreciate those of you who've been helping us to get the word out about this game, thanks!

Crooked Bee you'll give them a hand, right? ;)

Sorry, I've been too busy to even read the Codex lately. Is this out yet? If not, lemme know once it is, and we'll post & tweet about it, for sure.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Press has been tough to come by, so we definitely appreciate those of you who've been helping us to get the word out about this game, thanks!

Crooked Bee you'll give them a hand, right? ;)

Sorry, I've been too busy to even read the Codex lately. Is this out yet? If not, lemme know once it is, and we'll post & tweet about it, for sure.

Comes out tomorrow... and our own Editor-in-Chief too busy to read the Codex... :rpgcodex:

Lucky

Arcane
Yesssss, it's finally here. :D Games like this are why I'm happy that kickstarter exists. Does anyone know if they're planning on a GoG version?

I will be waiting for reviews and details about complexity of the game. Worse the graphics I expect more complex game mechanics or I am not interested.

I can't quite make sense of that last sentence, but I have to disagree if you're calling the game ugly. The graphics are simple, rather than bad, smooth in motion and intuitive. That does more to make the game enjoyable than fancy graphics that add nothing of substance.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
GoG are being faggots and won't accept them for some idiotic reason.

Anywho... once the game hits this evening, I'll make my party and post it- hope you guys can join :)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yesssss, it's finally here. :D Games like this are why I'm happy that kickstarter exists. Does anyone know if they're planning on a GoG version?

I can't quite make sense of that last sentence, but I have to disagree if you're calling the game ugly. The graphics are simple, rather than bad, smooth in motion and intuitive. That does more to make the game enjoyable than fancy graphics that add nothing of substance.
It means if the game looks like KotC it better have complexity of KotC or more.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
c'mon, you know it's not that simple.
Game might have graphics on the level of KoTC (I think it looks better, more personable), and the combat might not be as complex...
But it has other things. Big open world, more races\classes. Food, I think?

Don't knock it 'till you try it

ArchAngel

Arcane
c'mon, you know it's not that simple.
Game might have graphics on the level of KoTC (I think it looks better, more personable), and the combat might not be as complex...
But it has other things. Big open world, more races\classes. Food, I think?

Don't knock it 'till you try it
That is why I said I would wait for reviews and details about gameplay complexity.

Lucky

Arcane
GoG are being faggots and won't accept them for some idiotic reason.

Anywho... once the game hits this evening, I'll make my party and post it- hope you guys can join :)

This one too? For a site that sells old games, they really seem to dislike new games with old school graphics. I'll be waiting until the patch wave has passed, so hopefully they'll change their mind in the meantime.

Also, last I checked there was indeed a food mechanic. You could forage for it and spend it on resting and fast travel.

Not to me. If I am going to play casual games (those with simple mechanics) they better look pretty.

There's way more to games than that. Graphics and mechanics don't exist in a vacuum where prettier or more complex is automatically better or even determinable. Granted, that's a different issue from enjoying the game, so if you don't like, you don't like it. Here's some gameplay footage to give a better idea of whether or not you'll want to play it (it helps if you speak a some French).

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
I'll probably delve into it, though I think I'll pirate it first - in the end, there are too many indie-RPGs getting released nowadays and we'll get broke if we buy them all, lol.

Quite a change from, like, two years ago? Makes me fear that it'll implode somehow, tbh - even with the indie & oldschool proliferation, there's only so much of the market for these as RPGs tend to be long and, well, it's really hard to find the time to play them all. And now such projects get released almost weekly. And even more are on the horizon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom