Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter AntharioN

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Released or not, I'm a backer and still haven't got a download link or steam key.
No email from them yet... :(
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this guy doesn't have a slick automated key distribution system. Probably going to be like Staglands with the guy sending out 700 emails by hand. We can wait one more day.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Awaiting impressions so we can add this to the Codex Steam curator (hopefully)

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Released or not, I'm a backer and still haven't got a download link or steam key.
No email from them yet... :(
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this guy doesn't have a slick automated key distribution system. Probably going to be like Staglands with the guy sending out 700 emails by hand. We can wait one more day.

Regardless, it's bad form to put it on Steam before the KS backers can get a hold of it. Should have started the KS backer roll-out earlier as these are the people who's word-of-mouth endorsement are critical to any kind of success. Also, what the heck is wrong with GOG lately...?

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, well, it's not going out on a limb at all to say that the guy is more of a game designer than a savvy marketing guy. That's been pretty firmly established (and I know which I'd rather have!). Let's just hope he turns out to be a good game designer :)

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
While it's pretty lowkey in terms of graphics, they gave a lot of attention to detail, from seeing all the stuff you equip on your pixel characters and what I've seen from the first dungeon
Battle system seems a bit simplistic, but I haven't done much yet, maybe it gets better later on (and a lot depends on monster and encounter design)
Was attacked by rats in the first dungeon, that brings back memories
Interface is pretty intuitive if you played any RPGs in the past
7 (mostly) generic races, typical classes who pre-configure your skill points (but you can completely customize it if you're inclined to do)
not a lot of skills, but the essential stuff like two-handed, one-handed fighting, defense, lock-picking,etc.

Zombra

Patron
7 races? Cool, I thought it was just 5.

Would love to see a list of all the PC races and skills just so I can daydream about party composition today. But I'll be installing tonight so no big deal.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Okay! Started up the thing. Seems neat, but there are some flunks. Like, you can't move orthogonality with the keyboard.. you can only use the mouse to move during battles..
And you can't remap the keyboard controls. Or the resolution much, either.

Dev says he'll patch these things in.

Right now it's "Generic RPG intro", so it's bound to be somewhat calm. If I run into cool things I'll be sure to report.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Races: Human, Elf [+Int], Felmur (Cat-furry) [+Dex], Wolfskin (Wolf-furry) [+Str,+Con], Undead (hardy subterranean race), Necrophil (Drow-like) [+Int], Orc [+Str]
Skills: Black Magic, White Magic, Grey Magic (Mix of Black/White I assume), 1-handed melee, 2-handed melee, Unarmed, Archery, Defense, Lock picking, Pickpocketing, Alchemy, Barter, Persuasion, Lore, Foraging

Zombra

Patron
Okay! Started up the thing. Seems neat, but there are some flunks. Like, you can't move orthogonality with the keyboard.. you can only use the mouse to move during battles..
And you can't remap the keyboard controls.
Blah! Horrible to hear about poor keyboard support! Hates the mouse, we does! Ssssssssss!

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seems like a fun game so far but I already have some issues:

- Movement is too slow. I wish you could have fast snap movement like in the Avernum games.
- No key remapping, wtf
- Quicksaving takes 3 - 4 seconds which is waaaay too much
- There are no hotkeys to quickly select a character (like f1-f4 or smth)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
- Movement is too slow.

Left click and hold. :M

A6734696604A08FBEAB3B12517E8AA4AD3FB8258

Jaesun (fighter), Bee (Black Magic), Scrooge (WHite Magic) and Jasede (Ranger). BY BODY IS READY. We found some equipment. yay.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am beating down rats to a bloody pulp with a steel mug. They leave stains on it.

cvXAbTD.jpg

If this is not incline, I don't know what is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom