Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Antidas

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I.e. he is not for sure weaking or bad guy.

p.s. Who is bad guy in AoD? Hard to tell... All have motives.

In fantasy you have good guys vs tyrants. Here is too complicated.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Summoning Old One
Antidas had the war all but won through skill and/or luck. If Meru hadn't betrayed him at the decisive moment, it would already be over. Paullus and Gaellius don't even try to win. Whatever the basis for his belief, at least Antidas wants to restore the empire.

Antidas's character is well illustrated by his relationships with Feng and Deliar. It's possible for a fraud like Feng to fool Antidas for a little while, but Antidas is smart enough to listen to Deliar's opinion about Feng in the end. That's the behavior of a leader capable of recognizing his own failings and capable of recognizing a loyal counselor who gives good advice. Paullus doesn't take anyone else's advice, not even from a loyal subordinate like Carbo. Furthermore, there's nothing in the game to indicate that Antidas is miserly, or vindictive, or crazed. He may be arrogant and susceptible to flattery, but he's not inherently nasty, paranoid, or unhinged.

Antidas also has legitimacy. Without any legitimacy Paullus can only rule through brute force. Gaellius doesn't have nearly enough legitimacy, which is one of the reasons the nobles in Maadoran are all plotting to undermine his authority. The Aurelians are conniving upstarts. I agree completely with Lord Senna's opinion of Gaellius: even though Gaellius already has more soldiers than Antidas and Meru combined, he still wants to invite the Ordu into Maadoran. Gaellius doesn't care what form the world takes as long as he's got the biggest slice. No wonder he tries to suppress all the old knowledge; it could be a threat to his position.

At worst, Antidas is no worse than any of the other potential rulers. There's no justification for the way the game's editorial voice insults him at every opportunity. That's probably the main reason I'm sympathetic to him, actually.

Black Angel

Arcane
I'm kind of wondering why we can't take the Pax Imperium to Teron, especially since we can ask Cassius about the jellyfish artifact and he requested to know what it can open. Even Erebus would like to know, too, but at least you can actually take the Pax to Maadoran. Cassius is actually a competent enough loremaster for the Pax.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
At worst, Antidas is no worse than any of the other potential rulers. There's no justification for the way the game's editorial voice insults him at every opportunity. That's probably the main reason I'm sympathetic to him, actually.

Agree, i dont understand Vince critisism of him

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Antidas is a bro. A pity there are so few Antidas quests. He seems to be a little foolish, staking his chances on ancient machinery and such, but I don't blame him.

At least he doesn't want to kick down the gates and call in the Ordu.

His other options with cards he have are even less likely to play out than ancient machinery.

Johannes

Arcane
Yeah, there's nothing foolish in pursuing the old tech when you know for sure djinn actually exist. Rather it's incredulous nobody has really bothered to do anything with the ancient shit for generations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom