Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Antraxx Mech game

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
http://antraxx.com/#gameplay

I'm not a big mech lover, but if it has decent mech equivalent of character development options and some depth I'm in.

antraxx_combat_prev.gif

elevator_preview.gif

Antraxx

Barely Literate
Hello everyone!

I just heard about this topic on this forum and after reading the replies I felt like it was a good idea to join in the conversation.
First off I would like to thank Roqua for creating this topic and spreading the word. Thank you.

My name is Leendert and I am the lead designer and original founder of Antraxx.
For me my journey started 5 years ago with the first concepts and ideas. Because of all this time I have had a lot of time to think about how things will function and work for as much people and preferences as possible.

I have realized there are players like Mustawd that dislike mmo games and have implanted various features for them to completely disregard the mmo aspect of the game.

Although Antraxx will have a conquerable world map where you can claim sovereignty with your faction it does not mean you are forced to do so as a player.
Next to the world map there is a private match system. Basically you construct your own maps and are aloud to host various game types to play against other opponents in teams or as a solo player. Meaning you decide who you play with. You can host a game and only invite the players you like to play with.

Not interested in anything multiplayer related? No worries because there is also a single player campaign planned.

As for the website we didn't include everything we have planned as a goal for the near future yet. There is simply too much to explain and tell and we already feel like it is too much of a wall of text. We have even noticed that hardly anyone reads trough it to be honest.

Leechmonger - I'm not really sure what you mean with the outlines not matching the mech its body.
In case you are speaking of the hard black outlines on the individual parts of the mech its body there is a real good explanation for that.

You see, when it comes to game design you will have to take a lot of things into account which, in most cases, you would do differently as a artist. But creating a amazing painting unfortunately is different then creating a game that is accessible and easy to play.
If we would remove the black outlines on these mechs they would blur in with the world you are playing in. The black outlines are needed to make the mechs stand out of the tiles it is walking on. As a artist I can ensure you there are a lot of things like this that I have had to sacrifice to make the game function properly. Game development isn't just art. You have to take functionality and playability into account a lot. Something I wasn't used to before starting Antraxx project.

We are focusing to become a nice and lovely community and I cant express enough how thankful I am for people like Roqua for spreading the word.
If there is any questions feel free to ask. I'm here to answer any.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom