Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any game that can cheer me up?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey folks, well, long story short, I just lost my 3.5 years old dog this morning and I'm not feeling well. I don't want to talk to people or go outside or do anything else, I just want to stay inside my blanket to avoid the 20 celsius degree outside and play or watch something that can make me happier. Don't need to be a comedy game, and I might prefer something less complex than usual RPGs and 4X stuffs I play regularly. Thank you :)
Here's my backlog, something like 800 games but I don't know which game really suits my mood right now. Tried playing a bit of Witcher 3 like usual but it kept depressing me more:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Masterchiefs/games/?tab=all

Mustawd

:(

EDIT: Play Torchlight with a dog companion.

EDIT 2: Based on your backlog I recommend Grim Fandango, Psycho naughts, and Worms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astral Rag

Arcane
That sucks :(

(Re)play a good adventure game? Games like Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth or Gobliiins never fail to make me smile. If I cannot into solving puzzles because I'm too "tired" I just put on some music and play a nice Doom wad or a good arena shooter, a long (eg 500 fraglimit) Q3A DM against Nightmare bots will make those blue feels fade away in no time. Don't play Wolf3D.

Tigranes

Arcane
Adventure game would indeed be my call. Grim Fandango, I mean Sanitarium, or Stasis, uh....

Psychonauts? Monkey Island? QfG/KQ? If you need something new Aviary Attorney is apparently fun, though allegedly unfinished.

Lemming42

Arcane
Sorry about your dog. Something pretty mindless would probably be best. Older FPS games might be good in that regard, like Doom, Blood, Outlaws, maybe Quake. Your steam list suggests you like Bethesda games, aimlessly wandering around in Skyrim might help take your mind off it. But if you haven't already played Morrowind it might be a good time to start, it can be a pretty relaxing/soothing game.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sengoku Rance
It looks interesting but I'm not into Japanese stuffs though, thank you btw;)
:(

EDIT: Play Torchlight with a dog companion.

EDIT 2: Based on your backlog I recommend Grim Fandango, Psycho naughts, and Worms.
I played Torchlight and Psychonauts back in 2013 but didn't play a lot because of an accident which temporarily disabled my left leg. It's time to try them again I guess. I played Grim Fandango last year, definitely laughed a lot while playing it even more than Tales from the Borderlands, great game.
That sucks :(

(Re)play a good adventure game? Games like Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth or Gobliiins never fail to make me smile. If I cannot into solving puzzles because I'm too "tired" I just put on some music and play a nice Doom wad or a good arena shooter, a long (eg 500 fraglimit) Q3A DM against Nightmare bots will make those blue feels fade away in no time. Don't play Wolf3D.
I watched a kid playing Woodruff and a lot of Sierra adventures game back when I was 12, didn't know a single English word at that time though. Any idea where I can grab it? Buy, download or emulator, etc...
I'm not really into Quake but Unreal Tournament 2004 demo took my entire 2005. When I finally bought it, I didn't play it as much. Luckily it still has bots :D
Adventure game would indeed be my call. Grim Fandango, I mean Sanitarium, or Stasis, uh....

Psychonauts? Monkey Island? QfG/KQ? If you need something new Aviary Attorney is apparently fun, though allegedly unfinished.
I don't own Quest for Glory but I bought Quest for Infamy drunk on GOG once and left it in dust, is it as good as Glory?
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
I played the first one but not the second, thank you ;)
Sorry about your dog. Something pretty mindless would probably be best. Older FPS games might be good in that regard, like Doom, Blood, Outlaws, maybe Quake. Your steam list suggests you like Bethesda games, aimlessly wandering around in Skyrim might help take your mind off it. But if you haven't already played Morrowind it might be a good time to start, it can be a pretty relaxing/soothing game.
Morrowind is actually one of my childhood game, it was the first RPG I've ever played and the game that helped a lot in learning English. Skyrim didn't have the same magic though, maybe because the third time isn't as charming as the first time, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.
If you want something cheerful, play Team Fortress 2.
My first Steam game, but last time I played, the game was completely a ghost town in my region though. All of my friends play CSGO now :(

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
My first Steam game, but last time I played, the game was completely a ghost town in my region though. All of my friends play CSGO now :(

Left4Dead games are pretty intense and can eat up good chunks of time while sucking you into the monitor.

Also, Dirty Bomb is an objective-based F2P FPS of the Enemy-Territory-simplified variety. It's not a ghost town (yet) because I just played a few games in the past 2 days.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm not the person to dispense advice on adventure games, but QfI received positive vibes on the Codex I think.

Light-hearted RPG settings? Divinity 2 / Divinity: Original Sin, especially if Larian's brand of lighthearted works for you. Heck, Final Fantasy 9. Anachronox.

Mustawd

ITT people who have never read/experienced "Where the Red Fern Grows", "Call of the Wild" and/or "White Fang"

mixer

Learned
For some reason Icewind Dale always makes me feel very comfy.

Not really a cheer up game but imo you don't need to cheer up, you just need to be left alone for a while.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Re: Goblins, I highly suggest skipping Goblins 1 (aka Gobliiins). Tbh it's not a very good game, and I say that as a gigantic fan of Goblins 2 and 3 (3 being one of my favourite AGs of all time).

spectre

Arcane
World of Goo has always worked as a cheerup game for me.

Also, seconding Goblins 2 and 3.

laclongquan

Arcane
ITT people who have never read/experienced "Where the Red Fern Grows", "Call of the Wild" and/or "White Fang"
OP indicated games, not book. Also, if you say Call of the Wild or White Fang is fun you got odd definition of fun. They are great, yes, but fun is about the 4th or the 5th adjectives in the descriptive summary of them, not 1st or 2nd.

Mustawd

OP indicated games, not book. Also, if you say Call of the Wild or White Fang is fun you got odd definition of fun. They are great, yes, but fun is about the 4th or the 5th adjectives in the int is that descriptive summary of them, not 1st or 2nd.

Not saying that posters should have read these books. Just saying that it's obvious that they have not. The owner/pet relationship...it's hard to describe to cynical ppl will discount it as some symbiotic relationship. But the reality is more complex than that. I only offered some books to help ppl understand where I'm coming from.

Mustawd

also you spelt it as White Fag first

dont think i didnt notice you closet homo :cmcc:

You can be the biggest edge lord you want. Have you ever held an animal in your arms that saved your family's life? It looked at you as it died? Sorry, but go fuck yourself if you feel the need to make fun of that.

Shit is tough to see. Man..Woman..Child...or Otherwise...

P.S. Didn't mean to create drama but I loved my dog Laika, who ran at a piece of shit who shot at her before shooting at my grandfather; who ended up shotting and clubbing the ex-emploee of his to death before the cops showed...

P.S.S. Sorry..shit is emotional to me.

EDIT: Ugh.too much disclosure but whatevah..

EDIT 2: Also, pretty sure that guy was a Biowhore fan. That motherfucker....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom