Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any good M&B: Warband mods?

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
I've encountered some game breaking bugs in Brytenwalda. Is it for the latest version of Warband or an older one?

DefJam101

Arcane
Heresiarch said:
I just can't seem to touch anyone, and whenever someone touches me I'm dead. My ping is 200+ but it didn't bother me even when I was playing counterstrike or wow.
Actually that would make a huge difference. Try playing Savage with 100+ ping, it's a total nightmare.

Also you're a lvl 1 farmhand vs 133th4x the lvl 309 death knight

barnEbiss

Novice
The improved terrains mod I would highly recommend, the guy totally revamped the camp map and the battle maps looks to make them more realistic and gritty.

Also he added new plants and tree's to make battle maps look truly breathtaking.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
This is something I've wanted since Warband was announced with multiplayer, looks like the modders have to fix the game again.

Battle Time! said:
This mod lets you play your singleplayer campaign and host a multiplayer game whenever you have a battle. After the battle, the results can be used to impact your singleplayer campaign.

Features:
- Play your campaign in singleplayer and your battles in multiplayer.
- When you fight a battle, siege, or attack a village host a multiplayer game so your friends can help you win the fight.
- Anyone that joins the MP battle can choose to be the player, a companion in the player's SP party, or any lord from either team that is in the battle.
- Take command of a troop division or all the troops from your chosen party.
- The multiplayer battle will have the correct scene, troops (weapons and skills), heraldry, and weather.
- After the battle, load your saved game and apply the results from the multiplayer battle.
- Great for LAN play or online with voice chat and screen sharing software.
- Should be compatible with native savegames.

Flanged

Scholar
BlitzKitchen said:
I've encountered some game breaking bugs in Brytenwalda. Is it for the latest version of Warband or an older one?

The newest Brytenwalda release is for the latest Warband version/patch, but it only came out a week or two ago... or less, I can't remember now. I had game breakers in the version before this one as well, but they seem to have improved it a fair bit.

Flanged

Scholar
Dunno if anybody's still playing Warband, but I've put out a mini-mod for it. It adds dismemberment and decapitations to the basic singleplayer game, but doesn't change anything other than that. It's not super-realistic or anything - the decapitations happen a lot more frequently than they do in the other mods that incorporate them, and certainly a lot more frequently than they ever did in real life.

This is an old video, but it gives an idea of what's involved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35rE3d3Wc4E

Them annoying error messages no longer put in an appearance, and it's not a modder's kit now, but a playable mod installed like any other. It's only up on the Nexus for now though, so you have to sign in to download:

http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3942

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Dunno if anybody's still playing Warband, but I've put out a mini-mod for it. It adds dismemberment and decapitations to the basic singleplayer game, but doesn't change anything other than that. It's not super-realistic or anything - the decapitations happen a lot more frequently than they do in the other mods that incorporate them, and certainly a lot more frequently than they ever did in real life.

This is an old video, but it gives an idea of what's involved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35rE3d3Wc4E

Them annoying error messages no longer put in an appearance, and it's not a modder's kit now, but a playable mod installed like any other. It's only up on the Nexus for now though, so you have to sign in to download:

http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3942
Sounds cool! I haven't played Warband in a while, about time for some more hack&slash.

Flanged

Scholar
A few screenies of decapitation in progress, remember you need to be patched up to at least 1.143 for it to work right.

decap2.jpg

decap1.jpg

decap3.jpg

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1704886

I like the "Diplomacy" mod. It doesn't do much early in the game while you are leveling but it helps later on. It also gives you a fast link option to guild masters and town elders so you don't have to wander around looking for them every time.

Ooooh, nice. That got old after a while. edit: wait, a kodex kreated mod? :incline:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well I've gotten addicted to Warband again and have been playing with the native expansion mod. Doesn't add a lot but it streamlines some management features, adds new troop trees, and makes things more challenging with elite units. Only criticism I have is that Vaeger archers are far too powerful. Their only good counter is heavy cavalry (Swads) and even then only in an open field. For castle siege and defense... forget it. Even Nords will get raped.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I looked through the subforum but didn't see any mention of it containing any Native Expansion elements. Also, while I enjoyed NE I would probably advise going with Floris Mod Pack for a reworking of the base game (versus an entire overhaul a la Pendor).

zeitgeist

Magister
I just installed Floris 2.54 and got this on the tactical screen. Any ideas on how to fix it?

mb1ln.jpg

From reading the mod thread I gathered they were supposed to fix this for 2.55 but 2.55 hasn't been released in about half a year. I don't know if people are playing like this, fixing the issue themselves, or is everyone downgrading to an earlier version or what. (or perhaps no one ever uses the tactical screen at all)

edit: nevermind, just found a patch here

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Prophesy of Pendor 3.6 was released this week.

Stoked :bounce:

Lots of cool additions it seems, time to dump another 100 hours on this.

I really hate the shitty companion complaint mechanic though, wish you could beat them into submission and force them to stay in the party. Hope TweakMB gets updated soon.

TemplarLord

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If I recall correctly, you could disable complaints from within the camp menu in 3.5.

Common Native cheats/hacks you don't need because they are in the game:
1. Make cattle follow you
2. Disable companion complaints
3. Talk to village elders from a village menu
4. Change your banner
5. Make more cattle available in late game
6. Allow inventory/party/player hotkeys in menus during sieges and joined battles
7. Prisoner price varies with their level
8. Weekly cost in party screen shows all your costs including garrisons

Found it here. Granted I'm not sure if the same is present in 3.6.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
It just disables the whining dialogue, they'll leave just the same eventually.

Gregz

Arcane
I really hate the shitty companion complaint mechanic though, wish you could beat them into submission and force them to stay in the party.

You can do this with .ini editing, or another mod, I forget which.

PoP + Companions + Diplomacy is still the best M&B:WB experience I've had to date, but that was about a year ago.

Anything better since? (don't care for the PvP stuff)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom