Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any mods that "fix" Fallout 3?

baronjohn

Cipher
I've finished NV (which was rather nice) and now I want to play F3. However I already finished it once when it was released and I know it's crap so I'm looking for mod recommendations that make it less crap, specifically mods that

- un-dumb the dumb dialogues
- make the game harder
- add Fallout-appropriate content
- (your favourite mod here)

I figure it's been so long there must be some nice mods out there right?

Morkar Left

- lol
- Fallout Wanderers Edition and associated mods
- maybe Finally Turnbased
- Fallout Wanderers Edition and associated mods + FO3 Interiors + Busworld

But just play NV again

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Can't exactly mod new Liam Neeson lines, unfortunately.

A mod that adds Fallout 1 and 2 music into the game like New Vegas has would be cool though.

bonescraper

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2761 - FWE - fucking essential

Also:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1247 - no car explosions
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=824 - makes the Fat Man more realistic and less powerfull (customizable)
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/ ... p?id=11185 - working killable children mod, and believe me you'll thank me for this one
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7670 - pretty essential 'cause Bethesda cannot into animation
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3388 - weapon mod kits

baronjohn

Cipher
Sadly I'm running F3 in wine and I can't get this FWE shit to work.

Any good mods that don't depend on a thousand different poorly coded external .exe files?

Multi-headed Cow

7670-1-1288126707.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
baronjohn said:
Don't care about VO.

Neither do I in the grand scheme of things, but the game was designed around it. It would be very hard to have some parts not include VO, or to restructure the dialogue system to not zoom in like a dentist to see mouths moving and nothing coming out.

I mean, it would be a cool project to see maybe, a complete re-write and camera change, but I would not count on it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
FWE and MMM (Matt's Mutant Mod or something like that) but even then it's still too easy... the only difficulty is the number of bullets it takes to bring things down and it just gets tedious not challenging.

Severian Silk

I thought someone was going to add rain that pools and puddles like real water? I would assume that someone who made such a mod would become extremely prosperous.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Assnuggets said:
I thought someone was going to add rain that pools and puddles like real water? I would assume that someone who made such a mod would become extremely prosperous.

That was Prosper and he is prosperous. And a troll.

Some people play Oblivion with 200+ mods. It is said that those people lost their minds through searching,downloading and testing thousands of thousands of mods. What they all try to accomplish is to create a perfect Oblivion which only exists for themself, their own world, their own Oblivion. Their harddisks full, their minds mad.

You don't want to go that path, boy.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I personally don't play with mods. Sure, there are some mods that make Fallout 3 slightly less unbearable, but none of them actually do what the readme textfile promises and the other 95% of all TES/F3/FNV mods are just about making the most realistic tits possible or designing houses you can look at and roleplay in.

So:
Jaesun said:

Go play New Vegas.

There's some mod that allows you to go in every building, and some mods that change textures, placement of stuff, weapons, that kind of thing. I could tell you exactly which those are if I could find the magazine in which I found them.

I haven't tried any of them, though, my time isn't exactly scarce but it's too scarce for a re-run of FO3.

crazy_dave

Educated
Yeah, this wanderer mod looks good... But the question is, does it fix the game that feels like a chore and not fun at all?

Is there a site where i can see what are the best fallout 3 mods, but without retarded journalists?

Morkar Left

FWE is only useful if you can enjoy random exploring and looting, you know, running around and killing things...

The dialogs and world believability are unfixable.

crazy_dave

Educated
Morkar said:
FWE is only useful if you can enjoy random exploring and looting, you know, running around and killing things...

The dialogs and world believability are unfixable.

Well does it at least make wasteland locations more atmospheric and interesting?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Seriously, if you want to play Fallout 3 then you're going to want it to be over as quickly as possible. The only mod I can think of is MTUI, which attempts to deconsole the text windows a little. Not much but it's something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom