Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any mondblutian TB full custom party cRPG

You know I want a good solid Turn Based mondblutian cRPG with full party creation.

You are given an excuse to kill monsters and loot treasures to go forth and have fun with your custom team of murderhobos.

I am tired of the muh artistic writing; muh enlightened personal expreshun; muh deep philosophical themes and muh emotional engagement.

The kind of crap from inept circle-jerking hipster types who fail at writing novels and making movies and want to shove their shit down my throat by marketing their abominations as rpgs.

Fucking done with it.

(of course it can be done well; but the exceptions are few and far between)

Any good solid mondblutian crpg which is TB and with full custom party for murder and treasures out there? or coming soon?

Since I am really starved for a fix of this; I can even accept single PC crpgs like underrail.

(Played the xeen MoMs; Wiz 6 and 7; ToEE; Etrian Odyessey series, Paper Sorcerer and most well known blobbers)

Right now I am playing etrian odyessey V for 3ds emulated; but the weaboo artwork is slowly killing me.

Last edited:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Grimoire.
You can always look back and play Aethra Chronicles, Knights of the Chalice, Dark Sun, Goldboxes, Nahlakh and Natuk.

Modron

Arcane
Lords of Xulima maybe, don't know if you included it in catch all of most well known blobbers. A bit of stretch but you can create your own party in Expeditions Viking, combat can be a tad stale at times but the game is awesome. Have you played Blackguards, you can't create your party but you can fully develop them however you choose beyond the initial investment.

Mustawd

Swords and Sorcery: Underworld - M&M inspired blobber made by a dev who posts on the codex. Sequel coming soon (TM).

original avernum triology, exile series, geneforge series

Did you play Nethergate?

Lords of Xulima is a blobber with isometric exploration.

Voidspire tactics is a tactics game with interesting mechanics, but keep in mind it has SNES JRPG graphics. But the gameplay is solid and fun. I'd check the codex thread if you're on the fence. It also has a sequel called Alvora Tactics that I haven't played yet.

Dungeon Rats is a party based version of Age of Decadence that's basically a dungeon crawler. Hence the name.

Also, some beautiful madman is recreating IWD in the ToEE engine, and it currently has a demo if you wanna give it a whirl. You must have a copy of both ToEE and IWD for it to work though.

Finally, you have various FRUA module available for download if you enjoyed the Goldbox games. Plus, don't forget there were sequels made to Dark Sun.

That's all I have off the top of my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Modron
Played LoX, Exp Vigkings (decent after patch), and blackguards 1.

mustawd.
I played sword and sorcery underworld, nethergate, LoX, Dungeon rats, voidspire tactics and also alvora tactics (made by voidspire dev).

Ragequit dark sun wake of the ravager after losing savedata due to some bug. Not sure about any other sequel to dark sun shattered lands.

IWD in ToEE sounds like incline; will keep an eye out for it.

FRUA modules; hmm never played them. So something to look into i guess.

rusty_shackleford
yes played dos1 classic and dos2

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Modron
Played LoX, Exp Vigkings (decent after patch), and blackguards 1.

mustawd.
I played sword and sorcery underworld, nethergate, LoX, Dungeon rats, voidspire tactics and also alvora tactics (made by voidspire dev).

Ragequit dark sun wake of the ravager after losing savedata due to some bug. Not sure about any other sequel to dark sun shattered lands.

IWD in ToEE sounds like incline; will keep an eye out for it.

FRUA modules; hmm never played them. So something to look into i guess.

rusty_shackleford
yes played dos1 classic and dos2
Honestly, ToEE is must play in my opinion. Some fights are a slog, but overall, it's implementation of TB combat is great.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
A "pity" you already played Blackguards. I (admittedly somewhat to provoke offense) call it the best RPG of its decade. It has full party customization (if not outright creation) and is almost solely focused on being "P&P Encounters: The Game". The main part of the game just gives you hand-crafted encounter after hand-crafted encounter of goodness.

I really wish more of these low budget RPGs focused on doing one thing and only one thing, but doing it well.

Modron

Arcane
But Prelude to Darkness is so much more than merely killing & loot.
True but there is "no muh artistic writing; muh enlightened personal expreshun; muh deep philosophical themes and muh emotional engagement" in it. It's just a good RPG with a decent story that wasn't written in a manner designed to include as many cliches and tropes as possible. The magic was getting the game to run smoothly, I wish there was some repository of all the different versions released because I remember back then finding one that played nice with your system was more trial and error than picking the latest version.

Also I am still waiting for the developers to release the source code. It's going to happen any day now right I mean how long can one man stretch a single weekend?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You haven't mentioned M&M X Legacy.
Try it if you haven't yet. Best M&M after Xeen IMO.

Also you mentioned "well known blobbers". Does this include japanese ones, like Elimnage Original and Gothic?
They are pretty good if you want to kill stuff and figure out mazes.

Edit: On the other hand you've been picky about theUI and the Eliminage one isn't... the best use of a computer's assets.

mondblut

Arcane
No Wizardry 8?

Anyways, now that everything else has already been mentioned, I raise you JA2. And maybe

Wasteland 2 :happytrollboy:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
and couldn't get prelude to darkness run on any of my fucking machines :negative:
Visit nearby dumpster, it worked pretty fine - just a crash or two every hour - on the Win98.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom