Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any reason to import a character from OC to MotB?

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm playing SoZ with a new party right now, but I'm asking myself if there would be any advantages to import my char from the OC to MotB when I will start playing that after finishing SoZ. Will the char be recognized and/or will there be any story changes?
Please no spoilers, thx!

Last edited:
You lose all of your items. If your character is a wizard, you keep all of the extra spells you wrote in your spellbook. It also keeps track of some of your choices from the OC, though the choices aren't major influences on the plot of MotB.

It also keeps track of some of your choices from the OC, though the choices aren't major influences on the plot of MotB.
Phew, that's gonna be a tough one. Because creating new characters is always huge fun to me, and besides I probably wanted to try the Favored Soul class.
On the other hand some c&c carried over would be cool to see.
Hmm, do you remember any decision from the OC that came up in MotB again as an example?

Last edited:

Alpinia

Novice
You lose all of your items. If your character is a wizard, you keep all of the extra spells you wrote in your spellbook. It also keeps track of some of your choices from the OC, though the choices aren't major influences on the plot of MotB.
I'm seeing different answers to this, some say you lose all your items and others that you keep all your equipment except your weapon. It's been a long time since I played it, but I think I remember keeping some items, and I definitely kept all my gold, which made quite a difference compared to when I tried creating a new character just for MotB.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
No choices are imported. During the convo with Jerro you get to choose from a list what you remember happened to the OC companions and then he tells you their final fates.

Inf0mercial

Augur
You keep all your items besides your weapon and gold, i did this recently just checked the save and i kept even the neverwinter knight cloak.

So I just finished SoZ and will start MotB very soon, probably tonight.
Thanks for the info y'all, im leaning towards creating a new char, since my doubts were primarily about c&c. The equipment aspect doesn't bother me just as much.
So yeah, looking forward to playing MotB. I'm trying to downplay my expectations a bit since everybody seems to praise it to the max. ^^

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks for the info y'all, im leaning towards creating a new char, since my doubts were primarily about c&c. The equipment aspect doesn't bother me just as much.
So yeah, looking forward to playing MotB. I'm trying to downplay my expectations a bit since everybody seems to praise it to the max. ^^
If you enjoyed Storm of Zehir and managed to go through the OC, I think that you will find MotB to be very good. My only gripe is the spirit meter, but it is easy to manage.

laclongquan

Arcane
Possibly the only reason to import is to keep your custom made weapons and armor, so that you can stick a 4th enchantment on it. Since they are the best stuffs, that mean you wont have to use the rare and powerful raw materials for the 3 other enchantments, EACH item. Not an inconsiderable consideration.

If you enjoyed Storm of Zehir and managed to go through the OC, I think that you will find MotB to be very good. My only gripe is the spirit meter, but it is easy to manage.
So far (I'm somewhere in Act II) I'm more than satisfied! The reputation MotB has seems to be well earned. Consta-playing since Friday night.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom