Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anybody willing to answer some Codex Lore questions?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ah, I love that image. Makes me want to play God Hand and Bayonetta and Ikaruga. You know, games where you have to claw your way to the fun through sheer skill and bone-headed determination because otherwise the game will have you for breakfast and leave you feeling like a loser because you're just not good enough to get anywhere at all. Struggle is amazing.

I think that's why I am enjoying Skyrim right now - I installed this 'Requiem' mod and it makes the game play like Gothic, basically. Where wolves can maul you, going off the path early is suicide and every fight against bandits is harrowing and costly.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Historically, TES main line games have had a large degree of freedom in terms of world size and content progression in comparison to it peers (today less so because of the prevalence of open world games). I'd love to see the arguments about how they are actually linear.
Search for "Oblivion" and "linear" and you'll have several threads. This discussion was done to death many, many times since I joined, and that's barely a third of the site's lifetime. Hell it's even been done several times when discussing Daggerfall and Morrowind because of how their nonlinearity works in comparison, the last time I talked about it was in the Daggerfall review thread and that was just weeks ago. Barging in and whining about circlejerk brofist Codex attitude while expecting the Codex to cater to your whim and rehash a discussion that frankly nobody can be bothered having yet again because you can't be bothered to use the Search function is pretty lulzy.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Search for "Oblivion" and "linear" and you'll have several threads. This discussion was done to death many, many times since I joined, and that's barely a third of the site's lifetime. Hell it's even been done several times when discussing Daggerfall and Morrowind because of how their nonlinearity works in comparison, the last time I talked about it was in the Daggerfall review thread and that was just weeks ago. Barging in and whining about circlejerk brofist Codex attitude while expecting the Codex to cater to your whim and rehash a discussion that frankly nobody can be bothered having yet again because you can't be bothered to use the Search function is pretty lulzy.

Don't twist my words. That is not what I am talking about. I did a 40 minute video on TES, the subject is closed to me. I couldn't care less about Mineout 4, looks super formulaic. I don't even open the Bethesda subforum really. I am referring to situations where the circle jerk begins at the drop of a empirical hat so to speak. Like someone mentions that Skyrim Legendary is 50% off in the sales thread and the next few posts are about "This is about game sales, not walking simulators, trololol, let the brofists flow".

buzz

Arcane
:happytrollboy: newfag idiot not understanding what made the site popular in the first place whines about Bethpizda hate in a thread involving codex lore :codexisfor:the irony

DramaticPopcorn

I identify as a codexer and I was shocked that there was a new emoticon that I didn't know about.
Please explain this to me:
:creamyblood:

I must know the meta to feel myself as part of this great collective

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Update for that Call of Cthulhu post.

Prosper was made into head leader of the Hastur Cult going by the name of Mr. Maximilian Prosper the avant garde sculptor. I really should have rolled his dice behind the screen but I do like to let things roll as they may and thus Mr. Prosper was less than adequate when casting his eldritch magic (horrible luck, caused himself more harm than the players). But that wasn't the point of the fight, the point was that he slits his own throat and suddenly his blood flows to his abominable statues, bringing them to life.
(players were yet again :abyssgazer: when I showed them the pics and gifs of Prosperian creation)

Correctly wanting to get the hell out of dodge, the player didn't manage to get out of the mansion but they did manage to lock themselves in the basement and seal the doors (this is where the session ended). Cool bit is that there is a rickety mining elevator there that leads far underground into some caverns filled with bad stuff....and even below that there are some basalt structures (CoC mythos fans should know what this means).

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
:gd:

Who's the guy behind the christmas tree?

He keeps popping up in random threads and images.

hivemind

:gd:

Who's the guy behind the christmas tree?

He keeps popping up in random threads and images.
A poster who made a thread asking people to edit his photo to look more 'professional' which lead to several pages of funny edits.

You will be able to view this thread on jun 26 2016

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
He's... holding an axe that's lodged into a stack of triangular floppy disks? :?

GRSwNHd.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Oh hey I forgot I made this thread.

:flamesaw: I wanted to ask where this is from? I am willing to bet it is something asian since they don't really care about nazism or a shock humor skit (robot chicken?)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom